Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 01:06 PM

645 posts, read 1,276,056 times

Advertisements

I suspect that a flat tax isn't the answer. I also feel that searching for a right tax isn't addressing the problem, which is the federal government. Moreover, the feds make the laws, so why would they care what the public's opinion is? Furthemore, the feds and media are all controlled by the central bank, so why would the central bank care what you think? They will continue to spread their lies and propaganda that a majority of the minions lap up. The cancer is the central bank and federal government that has federal troops and federal police. The central bank and federal government's goal is power. Think about the wealthiest people in the world. Think about how pointless life would seem when there's nothing left to consume because one can only buy so much junk. Moreover, they’ve already more money than they know what to do with, so any additional wealth is really pointless. Life would become rather boring for many people because it would have no purpose. We are also talking about people who have so much wealth that they could literally burn 99% of their digital dollars not even worth the paper that they're not printed on, and their remaining 1% of money would still make them one of the richest people on the planet.

Hence, arguing about what tax is best isn't the answer. The answer is no tax. Let the government operate on a shoestring budget and get paid minimum wage. I was shocked to see how our local district attorney’s starting salary pays 175,000 per year. There is just about as much crime today as there was 40 years ago, so what’s the point in having all these governmental elected positions? Taxation fuels government. Eventually, it becomes bloated and bored, but it's size gives it power, and this is where the problem comes into play. Once people get a taste of power, they want more. As the old chestnut goes, absolute power corrupts absolutely. Just like a cancerous tumor, one doesn't go in and cut a piece of it out, they cut the entire tumor out. We have to check federal power and abolish federal troops and police. Let the states run their own militias if they can afford it. Let Americans buy their own arms to defend themselves. Large standing armies are the greatest danger to free people. There were laws written that give the federal government centralized power in the time of national emergency so they could create an organized army. We've permitted this to go unchecked for too long. Now they create "national security" events continuously in order to garnish more power and make a few central banks rich. Look at how many millionaires WWI, WWII, Vietnam, and the most recent "war on terrorism" have created. Over the past 100 years, these wealthy elite have bought out so many below them and we now have a very small faction that controls the entire world.

I fully believe that half a dozen of the richest banks in the world control everything in this country. They've got the government in their pocket, and through the Internet, radio, press, cell phones, and television, they shape the way an entire nation thinks. How does one take away a person's liberty? Create a bogus situation that drives fear, and the people will demand something be done. How many times have you heard somebody exclaim, "There ought to be a law." Why would any media that General Electric owns report that there are no terrorists or that we don't have to go to war when they stand to make huge profits from the war? It defies logic. Given the history of powerful central banks that control everything below them, how could anybody believe that giving the government taxes is a good thing? Powerful banks have been linked to funding both sides of the war. This has been shown to have happened in WWI, WWII, Vietnam, and every small skirmish and war we've been in over the past 100 years. Hence, why do Americans believe what they do? It's propaganda. How are they propagandized? The television, movies, and all forms of media who’re in collusion with central banks and governments.

I hear people bragging about 900 channels. 900! How can 900 exist when there are only about four or five media moguls in the country. The radio and papers are no better. They’re all controlled by the same handful of people. These monopolies exist because they have the federal government in their pocket, so they get laws passed that favor them. One cannot have a monopoly without the federal government to create exclusionary laws, tariffs, fees, taxes, and certifications all designed to price competition out of the market. People hearing my talk sometimes laugh at me as though I’m being ridiculous. “We need mandated standards to prevent Titanic disasters.” Does anybody believe that the White Star Line would have sailed another ship without sufficient lifeboats again? Public demand would have dictated that a shipping line would have boasted a lifeboat for every passenger. Hence, the situation would have fixed itself. I’m not convinced that the Titanic is at the bottom of the North Atlantic. It could be that it's the the Olympic. I suspect it was an insurance scam.

Stop the average American and most will agree that public roads, education, and healthcare are or will be good things. The average American thinks that our military and police are good. The average American doesn't understand that our military is larger than that of all our allies combined. They also don't understand that the USS Maine, RMS Lusitania, Pear Harbor, September 11th and a lot of other notable dates were false flag events that were either purposely created or left to happen. The next time you hear a U.S. president talking about putting embargoes on a foreign country and suing for peace remember that the embargo is the first step in a warring nation. This is the deceptive facade many battered women use. Enrage your enemy and when he strikes, and he will strike, you'll look the innocent victim. A president speaking of embargoes is actually a prelude to war. It's how they've been operating for more than a century. War profits the few at the expense of the many.

Public education alone is one joke worth talking about. Just think about how expensive public education is and just how poorly the system prepares kids academically. Most people don't seem to understand that centralized schooling is just another federal mandate to rob people of their lands who can't pay their taxes, so that the land can be developed for bigger profits or somebody else can be put on it who can pay the taxes. Public education is about forcefully propagandizing vulnerable children into believing in "just wars," taxation, we’re always the right just nation, and how we are the richest freest country on earth. How many times have you heard, "They are jealous of our freedoms" or "We are spreading democracy" when we're supposed to be a free constitutional republic. The fact that the two sound bites I quoted are being used to frequently and for several decades tells me it’s a lie. It’s a lie dressed up as the truth, so it is propaganda.

People live in fear. Fear is the great manipulation tool a powerful centralized government wields. Get every black afraid of whites, whites afraid of blacks, men afraid of women, women afraid of men, and convince everybody that terrorists and criminals are everywhere. Tell people that rapists are ubiquitous and that our children are no longer safe. Keep this propaganda going on the air 24/7 and get everybody watching the "programming." Ship their jobs overseas so we can have half the population living on the dole with money that's a giant fiat ponzi scheme, which gives them even more time to take in the propaganda. Pay for it with bogus digital dollars that they don't even bother to print. Look at how cash transactions are becoming a thing of the past. People actually think that this is good because they now feel safe. Little do they know that their digital dollars are at greater risk and they're more likely to be robbed electronically than to be strong-armed on the street of their cash.

Inundate their lands with people of different color, culture, and language. Then force them to live together under the oppression of a huge central government run by a central bank. That alone has created much of the tension that exists in this country. Go talk to some government worker about doing away with their job and watch how angered they become as you start pointing out how we really don’t need them, and it is all funded at the expense of millions of tax payers. More than half this nation currently doesn't want to end whatever federal teat their sucking on. I include all branches of the U.S. military. We do not need a huge army of federal troops. Nobody is going to invade us. We're an armed populace. Who's going to invade a country that has at least 100 million gun owners. Moreover, who's going to invade a country of 100 million gun owners who all have the capacity to arm several of their fellow citizens? Look at how small our military forces were prior to WWI and WWII. They operated on quite a large budget back then, but they were still tiny compared to our enemies at that time. Who were incidentally "the best enemies money could buy."

What's the point of all this centralized government? Power! What our centralized government has created is a perverted society that normally wouldn't coexist with each other. Oil has made all of this possible, so without oil, banks would fail, the government would lose control, and this 100 year old faux society is ready to rip each other's throats. I've never seen a more fragmented country other than the hotbed countries and regions the banksters created in Yugoslavia and the middle east in order to create war on demand. If the Federal Reserve isn't a private bank, why does it loan money to the federal government at interest? If the central banks don't create war for profit, than who does? Name another energy source as easy to tap as oil that's also just as or more efficient. Once you answer those questions, it should be obvious that if we no longer have oil or oil becomes exponentially more expensive then our lives will be greatly impacted. Moreover, it could cause centralized governments to fail, and without this control, a greatly divided people will clash with each other over their own natural discrimination as well as the jealously that has been created by the federal government because of the privileges it has given to people based on race, gender, age, and economic status.

Many of our people live in areas that nobody would normally inhabit. Places that are too hot or arid along with hurricane, earthquake, mudslide, beach erosion, etc and so forth have been densely populated and the land cannot naturally support that many people. Many people in upstate New York hate New York City because NYC votes for themselves and the rest of the state has to pay for it. What's going to happen to people fleeing NYC? I'll tell you, they'll be looking down the barrels of guns as they try to flee because nobody wants them or likes them. This is also true of my area. People in the country hate people from the city. I have heard people make these statements, "If SHTF and people from the city come out here to our country homes and farms, I'm going to shoot them." Now sprinkle that idea with racism and all forms of discrimination. We've a lot of angry groups in America and while they normally would exist to a degree, the federal government's created a rather large unnatural condition. Without oil, the fed would lose its power, and without federal control, warring factions will erupt.

I personally don't think the miracle of science will save us. Oil will only be replaced when a cheaper more efficient means of energy becomes available. If we switch back to coal, our society is obviously going to have to change how it uses energy because coal's a lot less efficient and more expensive to mine, distribute, and consume. I know people who think that technology will save them. These are the same types who go hiking up in the bush with absolutely no real wildlife knowledge because they have a cell phone with GPS and can call for help. Each year a couple of bold Americans die due to believing in technology. I'm not a Luddite, but I also don't worship technology. I see it doing more harm than good. This also includes computers and automation.

Some people have come through this thread and told us that there will never be an issue with oil for our country. If this is the case, why are we in the Middle East? OPEC caters to whoever pays the most. All it will take is for somebody to come along with more money. We will never give it up without a fight. Hence, our military is the largest in the world. Why did you think our military was so large? Is it To protect your freedoms? It's the tool of a small elite group who uses it around the globe to secure their financial interests. It has nothing to do with spreading freedom and democracy. Whenever I hear people regurgitating those lines, I fell like I'm watching a black and white Superman rerun, "Truth, justice, and the American way." Until recent history, America has been unchallenged as being the largest consumer of oil and petrochemicals. This is beginning to change. What we have so stupidly done is to ship all our jobs to heavily populated countries many times our size. Not only have we done this, but we've also created a huge competition for natural resources because the billions of people who live in the countries we've shipped all our jobs to have been living in squalor for thousands of years. Just to give one an idea of how alarming this should be to the average person, let's just look at the miles of interstate in China.

1988 0 miles
1989 91 miles
1990 168 miles
1991 324 miles
1992 357 miles
1993 405 miles
1994 711 miles
1995 996 miles
1996 1,330 miles
1997 2,126 miles
1998 2,965 miles
1999 5,426 miles
2000 7,211 miles
2001 10,137 miles
2002 12,088 miles
2003 15,700 miles
2004 18,500 miles
2005 21,300 miles
2006 25,479 miles
2007 28,172 miles
2008 33,500 miles
2009 37,553 miles
2010 40,423 miles
2011 46,052 miles
2012 52,783 miles
2013 61,121 miles

By contrast, America has about 45,000 miles of it, and that took us a few decades to build. We've not talked about all the oil they will consume through farming and plastics. We've also not talked about India. I don't see how we are going to be ok with oil over the next 20 years. I see a rather monstrous oil crisis looming in the future. It may not happen, but there is a lot of potential for one. I've heard that Soviet papers wrote normal stories prior to the collapse of USSR. The population in general was caught unaware that there was an economic crisis.

I constantly hear people stating how laudable the Japanese are. Since they have no natural resources, they turned to nuclear fission to boil water to turn a steam turbine so they can generate electricity in order to consume it like the American model. What a brilliant idea! Let’s use nuclear fission to make power. I guess nobody learns any lesions from Chernobyl, Three Mile Island, or Fukushima. Instead of conservation, people buy into the consumerism propaganda that central banks broadcast 24/7 via their propaganda towers and it’s the 70s disco mania “more more more, how do you like it how do you like it, more more more…”

I don't understand Americans who think our nation is doing well and things haven't been in decline for more than forty years now. Just take a trip to any American city and go into the ghetto. You'll quickly see how bad things are. A large segment of our population is living in the ghetto. If that doesn't sadden you, I don't know what will. Short of your own lifestyle ending, I guess you just won't care. It should come as no shock, but I think the failure of oil in the future will be the demise of our federal government, and the society it has created will war with each other due to race, cultural, gender tensions, and a slew of other reasons. I wonder how many states will war with each other over control of the Hoover Dam, and we've several such scenarios that will explode in America. We've huge cities dependent upon cheap energy. These cities are full of people dependent upon the government. They're also unarmed due to gun control laws. What will happen when they flee the city? Two words crop up in every war, refugees and detainees... Something else that's very common in every war and financial disaster, people blocked at the boarder. I don't want city folk from Philadelphia or New York City coming to my neck of the woods, and I also know that my sentiment isn't unique. I see boarders being set up and people creating small armed factions who'll protect their territory. People will once again be shot for simple trespass.

Those are my opinions and not necessarily facts, so I'd suggest you do your own research. Thanks for reading.

Cheers,
bolillo

Last edited by bolillo_loco; 12-22-2013 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: No Rhodes scholar here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 08:59 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,274,703 times
Default Look at Hurricane Andrew

NIGHTEYES

After every catastrophe, the experts rush to assure people that it can't happen again. Hurricane Andrew should have taught the people of the south what would happen - but it didn't.

I prefer to plan for the worst that could happen. I feel that, if my family and friends survive, a part of me will survive also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness