Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 10:21 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ognend View Post
If you refused to vaccinate and you or your child gave my child the disease the vaccine could/would have prevented, and my child died as a result - would it be ethical to come after you? Would you feel at all responsible?
It is YOUR responsibility to protect YOUR child. If for some reason YOUR child is unvaccinatable. Then you keep YOUR child out of contact with potentially unvaccinated children. OR accept that, for the very large part, most children are, in fact, vaccinated and this whole OMG unvaccinated disease carrying children is just so much drama. Drama brought to the fore by parents who do NOT want to vaccinate their children and want to social engineer weaker parents in making the world safe for their precious offspring. Like happens already. Just saying... it is usually the case that children die as a result of the NEGLECT of their own parents, for one reason or another, than that some other unvaccinated child gives a child an illness that proves to be fatal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 10:28 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times
Is no forum safe from the vaccine terrorists? I simply do not understand the need to try to coerce parents into vaccinating their children. If you want to vaccinate your child, do so and leave other parents alone. It is really that simple. Herd Immunity is BS. True herd immunity is not acquired via a needle. True herd immunity is acquired the hard way. Over time. Generations sometimes. Its messy. People die. And then they don't anymore. In 2015 instead of demanding that parents produce vaccination records to enroll their children in school we should be demanding that a sick child not die from a disease like measles. Conservatives are the very last people I would have thought would be on the wrong side of the vaccine issue. But here they are. Amazing. It just completely proves my theory that if it is at all a logical conclusion to come to the a Conservative will have the opposite viewpoint.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:40 AM

1,170 posts, read 1,023,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Is no forum safe from the vaccine terrorists? I simply do not understand the need to try to coerce parents into vaccinating their children. If you want to vaccinate your child, do so and leave other parents alone. It is really that simple. Herd Immunity is BS. True herd immunity is not acquired via a needle. True herd immunity is acquired the hard way. Over time. Generations sometimes. Its messy. People die. And then they don't anymore. In 2015 instead of demanding that parents produce vaccination records to enroll their children in school we should be demanding that a sick child not die from a disease like measles. Conservatives are the very last people I would have thought would be on the wrong side of the vaccine issue. But here they are. Amazing. It just completely proves my theory that if it is at all a logical conclusion to come to the a Conservative will have the opposite viewpoint.
Don't post on a thread clearly about vaccines if you don't like the topic. Easy peasy. The good news is in the states mandating vaccines you can still homeschool your kid and surround them by other unvaccinated kids so that you increase the likelihood that they die like the good old days. And you also don't have to worry about them learning that subversive science stuff.

Ain't freedom cool?

Old 08-06-2015, 10:41 AM

1,170 posts, read 1,023,969 times
Quote:
Why are you posting this in a self-sufficiency forum? HTF are people supposed to manufacture vaccines if shtf? I would think genital warts coming back will be the least of anyones worries if shtf. And vaccine protection doesn't last forever. You can't dose up today so if shtf hits the fan 20 years from now you're golden. Doesn't work like that. LOL.
Because some parents are logical enough to do things today to keep their kids safer in the future, especially in uncertain times. It may not last forever, for some it's better than nothing.

Old 08-06-2015, 11:25 AM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
1) many conservatives are against vaccination as are many liberals....I think you are just projecting your political orientation.

2) IF you are prepping it's an additional consideration since:

a) You won't be able to go out and change your mind about getting vaccinated if you aren't already.

b) Depending upon the type of catastrophe and it's duration there could be an uptick in disease or if you just plan on holding up in isolation you are safe but you eventually would need to re-enter society and then you could have issues.

As such it's IMO a personal decision.

Now if you are against vaccinations and decide to take your kids to Africa on missionary trips then I think you're pretty stupid but again, that's the persons decision IMO.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:24 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Of course. Only idiots don't vaccinate.

Old 08-06-2015, 01:06 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
1) many conservatives are against vaccination as are many liberals....I think you are just projecting your political orientation.

2) IF you are prepping it's an additional consideration since:

a) You won't be able to go out and change your mind about getting vaccinated if you aren't already.

b) Depending upon the type of catastrophe and it's duration there could be an uptick in disease or if you just plan on holding up in isolation you are safe but you eventually would need to re-enter society and then you could have issues.

As such it's IMO a personal decision.

Now if you are against vaccinations and decide to take your kids to Africa on missionary trips then I think you're pretty stupid but again, that's the persons decision IMO.
I flew from Florida to JFK during that Ebola panic. TSA was making a JOKE of it and asking little old ladies in wheelchairs if they had been to Africa on Safari.

Old 08-06-2015, 02:10 PM

4,506 posts, read 4,044,124 times
I got ulcerative colitis from a flu shot so ya I'm vaccinated.

Old 08-06-2015, 03:35 PM

400 posts, read 414,149 times
I am a registered nurse. I've been vaccinated for smallpox twice. After 9/11, some health care providers were revaccinated so we would be immune when we vaccinate the public in case of bioterrorism. Smallpox immunity wears off after a while, and many younger people were never vaccinated ever since the virus went extinct in the 'wild'. I also remember the polio vaccine. Everybody received it on a sugar cube. Kids liked that much better than the corn on the cob holder they vaccinated you for smallpox with. People who don't vaccinate their children have brought back diseases that were nearly gone, infecting and killing little babies that are too young to be vaccinated.Thats just wrong. I don't wish to discuss this anymore. It is my observation that antivaccers tend to be irrational and nutty.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:18 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,487,112 times
In all this discussion (arguing?) I see no mention of sanitation. Why is this?

I am not speaking here of personal hygiene. I am speaking of sanitation. Many of the worst diseases, and the worst killers, have no vaccines. They are parasite-borne and vector-borne. They are encouraged by poor sanitation. Tell me what sort of provision you are making for yourself and family in regards to water sources, water filtration, waste disposal, toilet facilities, insect and rodent eradication - not now but in a SHTF - and then we can discuss whether your little Johnny or Sally has had MMR innoculations and how pissed off you are that other kids may not.

Because when SHTF, it isn't going to be MMR that kills people off. It isn't going to be a lack of flu or shingles vaccines. It's going to be infection, intestinal diseases, dirty water, poor methods of feces-handling, lack of proper waste disposal, rodent amd insect infestations of food, and common bacteria and viruses that are present today but not usually seen, due to municipal services. Take away those municipal services, the treated running water, and the power grid, and tell me what plans you have for preventing the types of infections and diseases that will surely make a comeback, among both the vaccinated and the unvaccinated alike.

Sorry, but having your kids vaccinated will not save them from everything. And, depending upon gov't to save you is clearly not an option. What are you doing about sanitation in a worst-case, or do you even bother to consider what your responsibilities will be in this regard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness