Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 10:41 AM

67 posts, read 59,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
anybody here remember thallidimide ??

Shh,

we sweep those types of stories under the rug, those things don't happen these days, and the government would only allow "good" drugs and vaccines thru to the American people.

-Best Pharmaceuticals for Children Act (BPCA) - 2002
-Administration of Children's Services (ACS) "Guinea Pig Kids" - 2004
-Children's Health Environmental Exposure Research Study (CHEERS) - 2005
-Fenfluramine/phentermine - 1997
-Cerivastatin (Baycol) - 2001
-Rofecoxib (Vioxx) - 2004
-Operation LAC

But just remember, the US govt and big Pharma care about YOU! The profits both get are just added bonuses! Lets forget about trying to invent CURES, lets just make life long patches so they have to keep comng back.

Do drug dealers get this idea from pharma (drug dealers) or did pharma (drug dealers) get this idea from them????? hmm............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 10:48 AM

1,170 posts, read 1,024,678 times

Old 08-05-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
Your knowledge of vaccines is absurdly shallow, and profoundly misinformed.

A red mark is not a severe (not "sever") reaction. (Read the 100 page thread on vaccines - warning, lots of big words and actual science )

Your conspiracy theories about "big pharma" don't make them true. Similarly you clearly don't understand economics as again, you're simply wrong about your false "profit" argument.

No one's denying that one in a million severe reaction, but any rudimentary risk modeling weighs that against the risk of life threatening preventable diseases. Vaccination works. Those that believe the fear mongering from fraudsters are putting their kids (and those unable to be vaccinated due to age or medical conditions) at risk.

Follow Jenny McCarthy, I don't care. I follow the CDC and EVERY SINGLE REPUTABLE MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL when I make my medical decisions.

Thankfully the states are becoming more aggressive with vaccine mandates to protect the most vulnerable.

On gun laws, again, you have no idea what you're talking about (gotta love the internet).

Regardless of state legislation your "right to bear arms" is the root of your irrational obsession as a nation with guns. The reason Canada has less gun violence is because we severely restrict ownership of handguns with rigourous screening, waiting periods etc. - all stuff that makes conspiracy theorists' heads explode. You may want to back away from your Canadian example as it sure doesn't help your case (whatever that is )
Wow,

that science sure is tough.... an idiot like me who only has 2 engineers bachelors degrees and an MBA must be too dumb to understand those tough words like you can.

You apparently can not read previous post from me, even my first one clearly states that I BELIEVE VACCINES HAVE WORKED AND AM PROUD TO LIVE IN A PLACE WHERE ONE CAN CHOOSE WHETHER OR NOT TO GET ONE OR NOT. Apparently you read between the lines (that's obvious though..) I am very happy for you that you choose to listen and follow the CDC and EVERY SINGLE REPUTABLE MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL (that's cute and laughable, but I am happy you have the freedom to do so).

I have stated 3 times previously, but once again you can only see what you want to see, I am not a conspiracy theorist, I am simply looking at facts, from multiple sources and not depending on a single source for all my information.

Hey, mister grammar police, shouldn't your statement be, "Thankfully, the sates...." Moderator cut: Language

How about this, I won't refer to Canadian policies anymore if you don't try and understand American policies. We are better off sticking to our own countries, eh?

I don't let me kids hang around hookers or plan on traveling to Bangladesh anytime soon, so I won't vaccinate them, and if you want to stay away from them, well I'd say we are both better off that way.

Last edited by Jeo123; 08-06-2015 at 12:09 AM..

Old 08-05-2015, 10:52 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
anybody here remember thallidimide ??
Yeah, I also remember Polio.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, I also remember Polio.
Do you remember the patients in 1942 who were injected with an experimental flu vaccine at a state insane asylum in Ypsilanti, Mich....by Jonas Salk

They didn't have a say in it, and was considered criminal back than, as it would be today as well.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
1) Please source your 1 in 104.7 number. It would help the discussion IMO.

2) Several US states with "lax" gun laws have comparable (or lower) gun crime rates than Canada. Heck, my home state of Illinois has a low gun murder rate per 100,000 people if you exclude the Chicago metro area. It's not the laws making the difference. It's important to make sure however if people are actually talking about gun murders etc. and not mixing in suicides.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ted_death_rate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_vi...tates_by_state
When I get home I will get the books out and give you actual references.
Now I know they probably aren't as reliable as the Wikipedia sources you just gave me (come on man, at least try) but they are authored by doctors.

I was born and raised in southern Illinois where everyone has a gun, murder rate around there is like once every decade.

And again, lets drop the gun debate, this is about vaccines, if we need to start a new thread on that, be my guest but lets drop it.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:06 AM

Look, I can use Google too!

Old 08-05-2015, 11:14 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandefjord View Post
When I get home I will get the books out and give you actual references.
Now I know they probably aren't as reliable as the Wikipedia sources you just gave me (come on man, at least try) but they are authored by doctors.

I was born and raised in southern Illinois where everyone has a gun, murder rate around there is like once every decade.

And again, lets drop the gun debate, this is about vaccines, if we need to start a new thread on that, be my guest but lets drop it.
Since you are unaware, those wiki articles clearly cite the source of their stats and even have links to the actual sourcing (govt. stats). It just bundles the stats for side by side comparison.

At least try?

Good one.

I really hope you were joking there.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Since you are unaware, those wiki articles clearly cite the source of their stats and even have links to the actual sourcing (govt. stats). It just bundles the stats for side by side comparison.

At least try?

Good one.

I really hope you were joking there.

The fact that I even replied to a comment with anything that has a source starting with "en.wikipedia.org/" is out of character for me. I usually just pass those by because let be honest, Wikipedia is a joke.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:22 AM

1,170 posts, read 1,024,678 times
The post above is helpful, it reinforces the lack of understanding by conspiracy theorists of aggregating peer reviewed data and studies for convenience vs granola "buy my book on why actual doctors are bad" sites that make up the very data they use. Regardless of the URL, look to the data.

If you don't like science and links to research then hopefully you don't make medical decisions for your kids, and certainly others shouldn't rely on you for their kids. I really really hope their health is informed by someone who DOES read research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness