Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 09:53 PM

672 posts, read 810,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
Amoxicillin is broad spectrum taken with a probiotic . We use Silver Sol 10ppm and gel 15 ppm, Coconnut OIl (organic only) both quasi antibiotic
anti fungual anti viral.
As someone who has had a fractured tooth that resulted in abscess, Amoxicillin became my best friend. Something that everyone should have for a dental emergency. If there is no access to a pharmacy or getting a prescription, pliers and whiskey will be in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 03:19 AM

206 posts, read 238,631 times
Potassium pills are good idea for nuclear fallout situation, will keep the radiation sickness away.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:24 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,406,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Wash your hands, use an antibiotic ointment and put a band aid on the cut. You don't need an antibiotic for even an infected cut. Then, wash you hands, soak the infected cut in warm salt water, rinse, dry, apply antibiotic ointment, smack a band aid on it. You have an immune system; use it.

Soak in a mixture of hot water, Epsom salt, and betadine---you can find it OTC. This is what they told dh to do when he had a cat bite on his finger. It was impressive the gunk that came out!

Also, make sure to be current on your tetanus shots. I think they're good for 10 years.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:18 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
little bit of an update. i broke my arm today. by the time i got out of the er, all of the pharmacies near me were closed and i couldn't fill the pain rx. i had kept a few of the ones i had from the er visit in october. this thing hurts like a beast even with the dose they gave at the hospital. maybe i'll be able to sleep if i take one before bed.

Old 02-16-2016, 02:11 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,490,127 times
Sorry to hear that! I broke my wrist when I was younger. As long as I was up and active, I didn't really notice it much. But when I tried to go to sleep...Arghh! They'd given me some tablets, about 8 I think, at the ER, but I never intended to take them.

Long story short, I took half of one at the kitchen sink, to see if I could get some pain relief. Holy Batman's Bride! I didn't even remember walking back to bed, didn't wake up till after 10 am! Would love to know what the heck that stuff was!

Old 02-16-2016, 05:23 PM

171 posts, read 218,606 times
Antibiotics are horrible for your gut flora. If you're taking antibiotics, you best stock up on probiotic foods/supplements with various live culture in them.

Old 02-17-2016, 01:30 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,602,806 times
natural antibiotics are all around us, that's my plan.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:05 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
Sorry to hear that! I broke my wrist when I was younger. As long as I was up and active, I didn't really notice it much. But when I tried to go to sleep...Arghh! They'd given me some tablets, about 8 I think, at the ER, but I never intended to take them.

Long story short, I took half of one at the kitchen sink, to see if I could get some pain relief. Holy Batman's Bride! I didn't even remember walking back to bed, didn't wake up till after 10 am! Would love to know what the heck that stuff was!
thanks nor'eastah. yeah, pain, itching and other sorts of misery are always worse at night. tender is the night? i don't think so.

is there a good side to this? i have an an excuse for not using capitalization and i'm learning how to print with my left hand. this reminds me of kindergarten.

Old 02-21-2016, 10:54 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
My mom used to be a nurse she got so many types of meds here I could just about retire IF I wanted to including lots of Antibiotics. It also helps that my wife is an herbalist.

Old 02-21-2016, 10:50 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,876,287 times
Yes we have two bots of amoxicillin ,but prefer Silver Sol as prepper. We also keep a supply of Green Vibrance as a probiotic replacement for gut flora. The antibiotic ans sol can be use together . We would use Silver Sol for external wounds/infections or systemically for viruses of any kind. The later will kill H1N1 ,SARS, All flu's and we believe Zita. Also lab results show anthrax kill . Stay within the 10 ppm as super Sol is no more effective and costs more. All research ( 10 university outcomes show 10 PPm the original discovery by Gordon Pedersen PhD. to defuse the red blood cell and provide systemic results. Stay away from common COLLOIDALS they are in a totally in a different arena.
( less is more in this nano formula)

Last edited by openmike; 02-21-2016 at 11:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness