Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 01:42 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocal1 View Post
Very thought provoking post you initiated. How about this. Humans think they are so smart. What about what humans are not capable of understanding at present? How do you know that aliens are not among us already and we are not equipped to even see them. What if aliens actually run the show? What if and this is the kicker, in the vacuum of space earth is the only planet with life on it? Now that would truly be odd, would it not?
I'm working on a pair of sunglasses that WILL allow us to see them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 07:50 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanWoman1964 View Post
I realize Im alone here but... I definitely do not believe we have been visited by any alien life other than that which began our infection of this planet. I also agree that should that ever happen, clearly they would have a technology and intelligence so superior that we would appear nothing more than some bacteria, not something to communicate with. That said, even in psycho land, if it were plausible, yes... I am ready to fight on my way out.
I actually do believe we have been visited multiple times there are tons of evidence that supports that but our government has meticulously hid the evidence and shut out anyone that dares to come out to public about it. It would bring chaos to societies if it's revealed that our government has even been in contact with beings from out of this world.

Just remember one thing, while our archaeologists kept digging and finding early hominid species they are nothing like modern man. There are no fossils that directly link our evolutionary process which leads to the belief the missing link is the result of direct genetic manipulation.

We did not evolve directly from those caveman species. Something or someone engineered our species.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:44 AM

679 posts, read 812,320 times
If the day comes that Aliens visit earth, it will be the same as when the conquistadors showed up in the Americas. Life changed dramatically for the natives, mostly not for the best.

I don't know how much we can do if the aliens are here to stay, after all they would have the technology to bridge space and time. Still, at least in America, we have 300+ million firearms and some would try to resist.

I think the final scene in the movie Apacalypto is very telling....

Old 03-02-2016, 07:24 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortgageboss View Post
If the day comes that Aliens visit earth, it will be the same as when the conquistadors showed up in the Americas. Life changed dramatically for the natives, mostly not for the best.

I don't know how much we can do if the aliens are here to stay, after all they would have the technology to bridge space and time. Still, at least in America, we have 300+ million firearms and some would try to resist.

I think the final scene in the movie Apacalypto is very telling....
The fact that another species has more advanced technology does not mean that it is composed of more intelligent individuals or of individuals more prepared for war. The other species could have simply had more time. They could also have different reasoning abilities which would give them less flexibility in warfare or other situations with a high degree of unpredictability.

If the Roswell crash did happen and if the reports on the spacecraft are correct, the "crew" could have been simply tourists as opposed to potential conquerors. It's well to note that there were never any reports discussing weaponry on the craft. Does that mean they came in peace? No; it simply means that for some reason they had no weapons.

We may posit a situation in which tourists or traders come to this planet and encounter bettter armed and more aggressive opponents. It need not be the aliens who begin an interplanetary war. If the aliens have things that humans deem beneficial, the war could easily be one leading to slaughtered aliens and plundered artifacts.

Although I am not one to worship governments it's worth considering that there are government employees in this country who regularly discuss what I have suggested. My purpose in this post is to point out that there is opportunity everywhere whether it's in a financial crisis, normal warfare, or an alien invasion. As Baron Rothschild is reputed to have said, ''Buy when there's blood in the streets.'' Asssume for a moment that the alien invasion is an allegory analogous to ''zombie apocalypse.'' Anyone subjecting that hypothesis to rational thought will quickly come to very different conclusions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness