Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2021, 11:53 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,652,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrysue View Post
And now they are recommending people get a booster shot, especially if the first shot was Johnson & Johnson.
It isn't official, and I don't really know all that much about the J&J, but I am watching some stuff coming out of Israel and Briton that tells me, the longer the interval between the first and second shots for Phizer and Moderna, the longer the immunity lasts. Especially in older people.

At any rate, I wouldn't worry until you hit the 6 month mark, at least, from your second shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2021, 02:25 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,274,703 times
Sometimes I feel almost like an outcast. I have been repeatedly asked which shot I got and if I am going to get the booster. I caught covid and, as of my last doctor visit in July, I still have antibodies. When I tell people this, I get comments such as 'So, when are you going to get your shots'. Truth be told, I prefer natural immunity. And now, we have the Columbian variant.

From Florida, new cases:
Delta 49%
Brazilian 26%
Colombian 10%

I had not heard of the Brazilian variant until I read the story on the Colombian. I can't help but wonder just how many mutations we will have.

Old 07-29-2021, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Sometimes I feel almost like an outcast. I have been repeatedly asked which shot I got and if I am going to get the booster. I caught covid and, as of my last doctor visit in July, I still have antibodies. When I tell people this, I get comments such as 'So, when are you going to get your shots'. Truth be told, I prefer natural immunity. And now, we have the Columbian variant.

From Florida, new cases:
Delta 49%
Brazilian 26%
Colombian 10%

I had not heard of the Brazilian variant until I read the story on the Colombian. I can't help but wonder just how many mutations we will have.
Oh, I had forgotten you had recovered from the virus. The protection given from having recovered from the virus varies from the equivalent of one of the Phizer shots (for a very mild case) to a sever case that you required two weeks to be back up and doing your normal daily routines, minus any sort of aerobic exercises, witch would give similar protection to having both of the Phizer shots. More or less. This assumes you didn't get an infusion of antibodies, since if you did, your body wouldn't have seen as much need to make you immune.

How long that protection is good for is a bit of a guess, but usually a few months is a pretty safe bet.

Old 08-01-2021, 03:27 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,274,703 times
My covid experience was of short duration, but fierce. I had nasty side effects, kept smelling things burning, vision problems and no energy. It took several months for me to get back to my usual routine.

I worry that the government and other institutions will overreact. I fear that another shutdown will shatter our economy. My local stores still are not back to normal.

I worry that politicians will take this opportunity to take away more of our freedoms. A pack of angry/panicked people will look for someone to blame. And we have politicians who will be happy to help determine who should be blamed.

I fear democracy - to me it's just mob rule. I don't know who said this, but I agree 'Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch'.

Old 08-05-2021, 05:57 AM

115 posts, read 57,534 times
Quote:

From Florida, new cases:
Delta 49%
Brazilian 26%
Colombian 10%

Why this country ignores natural immunity is baffling to me. Natural antibodies last at least 8 months and have been shown to be robust at 9 months. Compare that to a "vaccine" that loses whatever efficacy it has at between 4-6 months smh

Also, thank you to whomever bumped this post. I and others received a lot of flack for what we said, only to later be confirmed after the CDC dragged their feet.

Old 08-05-2021, 05:59 AM

115 posts, read 57,534 times
Quote:
My covid experience was of short duration, but fierce. I had nasty side effects, kept smelling things burning, vision problems and no energy. It took several months for me to get back to my usual routine.

I worry that the government and other institutions will overreact. I fear that another shutdown will shatter our economy. My local stores still are not back to normal.

I worry that politicians will take this opportunity to take away more of our freedoms. A pack of angry/panicked people will look for someone to blame. And we have politicians who will be happy to help determine who should be blamed.

I fear democracy - to me it's just mob rule. I don't know who said this, but I agree 'Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch'.

I'm in NYC. DeBlasio has already done it and small business owners are trying to fight his vaccinated-only indoor mandate.

Old 08-05-2021, 11:22 AM

23,601 posts, read 70,412,676 times
Quote:

There are still plenty of places where there is no democracy. I fear them a heck of a lot more. BTW, we do not have a full democracy. We have a republic with a managed economy where most of the shots are called by the large corporations and those with the money to make their wants known. Mob rule is where a prevailing majority engage in populism to the detriment of anyone not on their bandwagon.

Old 08-05-2021, 12:06 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,581,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Mob rule is where a prevailing majority engage in populism to the detriment of anyone not on their bandwagon.
Sounds an awful lot like what we have running the country right now.

Old 08-05-2021, 09:35 PM

1,811 posts, read 900,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponpiri View Post
Why this country ignores natural immunity is baffling to me. Natural antibodies last at least 8 months and have been shown to be robust at 9 months. Compare that to a "vaccine" that loses whatever efficacy it has at between 4-6 months smh

Also, thank you to whomever bumped this post. I and others received a lot of flack for what we said, only to later be confirmed after the CDC dragged their feet.

I’m going on 18 months of natural immunity.

Old 08-06-2021, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Even our founding fathers knew not to trust democracy: that it was mob rule. That is why they divided the powers and put them under a Constitution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
There are still plenty of places where there is no democracy. I fear them a heck of a lot more. BTW, we do not have a full democracy. We have a republic with a managed economy where most of the shots are called by the large corporations and those with the money to make their wants known. Mob rule is where a prevailing majority engage in populism to the detriment of anyone not on their bandwagon.
Democracy or Republic makes no difference. It was the Constitution and Fear of the Lord that made the US great. Today, a large portion of the US have strayed from the Constitution, and forgotten the Lord.

Liberty is not the natural state of man. It is only Christianity that makes liberty possible. (2 Cor 3:17) Man's natural inclination is to control others and to be controlled by others. It has been said already, by someone more eloquent than myself:

https://ponderingprinciples.com/2018...r-the-bayonet/
Quote:
Robert Winthrop (1809-1894), who served as speaker of the House of Representatives and also as a senator, gave an address to the Massachusetts Bible Society in 1849. What he said in that address is a fitting conclusion to the thoughts I want to share today:
Quote:
All societies of men must be governed in some way or other. The less they may have of stringent State Government, the more they have of individual self-government. The less they rely on public law or physical force, the more they rely on private moral restraint.

Men, in a word, must necessarily be controlled, either by a power within them, or by a power without [outside] them; either by the Word of God or by the strong arm of man; either by the Bible or the bayonet.
The emperor of Bayblon once said:
God raises up empires and gives them to the worst of men.

Our nation has been given over to an oligarchy of Billionaires, without conscience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness