Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 03:10 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,853,670 times

Advertisements

"The only thing I go in there for regularly is tall men's shirts for my husband and son."

Ditto. Their men's clothing is still good.

JC Penney used to have nice styles for ladies. For several years now their ladies clothing is aimed at 14 year olds. That's fine, but how about a little diversity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 03:56 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickytoffee View Post
The big changes in the layout of the store will come a little later. New brands enclosed in little boutiques with a" Town Square" and other stuff is on the way. Ron Johnson,ex- Target/Apple has a lot of big ideas to update Jc Penney.
We have a really nice JC Penney by us but have not been since the "New" JC Penney was rolled out.

I notice in many stores these days you can't find sales help. I was in Target today around 11am and never saw so many workers, but they were stocking shelves.

Normally you can't find anyone if you need help if you shop in the evening.

That seems to be the norm with most stores these days.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:00 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,566,841 times
Wow, that's funny you posted this topic. I was just in JCP for the first time in several months and went into shock! The store was pretty bare compared to what it use to be! The price tags were different. I don't like this new Penney's at all. I think that Kohls is putting them out of business.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:06 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
I used to order nice leather sandals (flipflops) from the JCP catalog. It is now May, and they don't have any at all. The only flipflops that they have are the cheapie Arizona brand. I guess I'll check out Kohls. It's too bad, I've also gotten some nice clothes from JCP in the stores.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:54 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I used to order nice leather sandals (flipflops) from the JCP catalog. It is now May, and they don't have any at all. The only flipflops that they have are the cheapie Arizona brand. I guess I'll check out Kohls. It's too bad, I've also gotten some nice clothes from JCP in the stores.
Good luck with that - nothing good at Kohl's either (nor any other store). It's hard to find anything quality (leather, etc.) that's not outrageous designer crap (made in China of course) that's still cheaply made but 3+ times the price.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:00 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
Macy's has them but they're out of my price range. If I totally run out of shoes to wear, I'm sure that I'll be able to find them.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:08 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,026,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Wow, that's funny you posted this topic. I was just in JCP for the first time in several months and went into shock! The store was pretty bare compared to what it use to be! The price tags were different. I don't like this new Penney's at all. I think that Kohls is putting them out of business.

Kohls carries better products all around and their prices are always good.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:43 AM

5,025 posts, read 7,228,646 times
One of the things I liked about the old Penny's is when they wanted to move merchandise (seasonal, new styles or just something that was taking up space) they would mark it down to ridiculously cheap prices. Example; 400 count Queen size sheet set. Original price- $120. Marked down to $80, then marked down to $60. With coupons, I got them for 20 bucks. Same with clothing. Same with ALL their items-when they wanted to move merchandise, they MOVED merchandise.
I really liked Penny's bath towels-high quality, reasonably priced (when on sale) and durable. JCP towels are cheap everyday but the quality is gone.
I hope Penny's survives-it's the only department store that I felt was loyal to it's customers. But time will tell.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:26 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,055,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickytoffee View Post
The big changes in the layout of the store will come a little later. New brands enclosed in little boutiques with a" Town Square" and other stuff is on the way. Ron Johnson,ex- Target/Apple has a lot of big ideas to update Jc Penney.
I just don't get it....what's with the plan to have 'enclosed boutiques' and a 'town square'? Clothes are clothes....are we supposed to be mentally uplifted by seeing little boutiques or a town square? When I shop for clothes all I care about is finding the particular styles I prefer and then trying on various items. I don't need all the phony hype of a pretend world inside a JCP store.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:44 AM

445 posts, read 864,874 times
According to Ron,"genius" from Apple, that's exactly what you need and want. Did you know Cosmo mag is partnering with Jcp on a line of lingerie and accessories? I guess that will be one of the boutiques Ron is sure you' ll be lining up for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
I just don't get it....what's with the plan to have 'enclosed boutiques' and a 'town square'? Clothes are clothes....are we supposed to be mentally uplifted by seeing little boutiques or a town square? When I shop for clothes all I care about is finding the particular styles I prefer and then trying on various items. I don't need all the phony hype of a pretend world inside a JCP store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products