Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 12:02 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameridreamNoT View Post
I like Jersey's Mikes 1000 times better than Subway. Just saying.
It is better, but costs are quite a bit more no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 06:46 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,477,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
I stopped going to my local Subway when they stopped carrying the seafood salad which I quite enjoyed. Their menu has gotten too complicated, with salads, pizza, avocado, etc.
I'm still wondering why KFC had fish sandwiches around... 5 to 10 years ago was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Their constant ads about new sandwiches and promotions make them seem cheap and gimmicky to me. Try our new Avocado Buffalo Ranch Honey Mustard Chicken sandwich, now for a limited time! My Jimmy John's has had the same menu since I started going there seven years ago.
There are folks who like trying new things out, so I'm guessing that was a way to draw them in.

Old 07-03-2015, 11:54 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
The new turkey italiano melt is not bad , it has more flavor than a lot of the other sandwiches.

I can see why they would want to have a new item once in a while. While many people might always get the same thing and like it, there are some that want to try something different too.

Old 07-24-2015, 01:14 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,477,650 times
I was out of town and ate at Quiznos since years now. Had the large, Cuban Pulled Pork. $9.21, but definitely much better tasting despite it being $1 to $3 more expensive than Subway's foot longs.

Old 07-24-2015, 01:26 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
I don't know if my expectations are higher or if Subway's quality has slipped, but their food just seems gross now. And I'm sure it does their franchisees no favors that they have zero territory protection. Last I checked there were 18 Subways within a two-mile radius of my apartment. There are some places in this town where you can stand in front of one Subway, look down the street, and see another.

Been a loyal Jimmy John's fan for 23 years now, back when they only had two locations and one of them -- the original location in fact -- was in my college town. They're just way better even if their sandwiches are nothing extravagant. Simple preparation with solid ingredients just works. I was also a big fan of Quizno's but they have contracted to the point that they're getting hard to find.

Potbelly is overrated, which I'd rather not have to say about a home-town favorite... but I don't get the hype.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:31 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,176,343 times
I guess I either have lower expectations than most when it comes to fast food, or I'm easily satisfied. However, I think Subways is one of the better fast food chains around - when it comes to having relatively healthy food. I like either their seafood sandwich, or their veggie patty sandwich - both are great.

I haven't been to a Quizno's in years - the only thing I remember about them is that they toasted their bread - which Subway's does as well.

Rarely go to Potbelly, but have liked them when I've gone.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:34 AM

474 posts, read 1,260,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
I was out of town and ate at Quiznos since years now. Had the large, Cuban Pulled Pork. $9.21, but definitely much better tasting despite it being $1 to $3 more expensive than Subway's foot longs.
Maybe that's why it tasted better. Spend a bit more and get more quality ingredients. That sandwich sounds delicious. What I hate is some smaller restaurants have cut back on the meat. What results is a huge roll with two little slices of turkey or whatever, a small lettuce leaf and one tomato slice. So what I end up with is mainly a lot of bread with only a bit of fillings. These places I guess are faced with either cutting back on how much they use per sandwich or raising their prices.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:41 AM

474 posts, read 1,260,667 times
About Subway--I rarely go there because in each one I've felt rushed. What kind of roll? What do want inside? Do you want salt, pepper, mayo, mustard etc. They have so many choices it might take me a bit to figure things out. And this happens when they are not even busy. It's great to have a lot to choose from, but give me a chance to look over the food first. Nothing I hate more than being rushed and feeling like I'm disrupting their day by taking more than a minute to make my choices.

Old 07-24-2015, 01:07 PM

24,474 posts, read 26,008,272 times
^^ Gotta keep up the fast food reputation.

Old 07-24-2015, 01:36 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quiznos is terrible the times I tied it. Frankly a subway sandwich as I direct it is better ;IMO. But then Jason's Deli Puts both to shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products