Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 08:07 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,271,006 times

Advertisements

I live in a small town, and don't have a car. I could get a ride to the larger city, and do shopping there, but then it would be a trip there to shop and home. What fun is that? I'd love a movie or thrift shop shopping or something semi planned but as my ride is doing me a favor....

I buy anything I can on Amazon. I'll get large sizes of stuff I can't on Walmart's site. I hit the local small chain for good milk and icecream and sometimes meat. But I get the huge box of sparkle paper towels from amazon now instead of the store, cheaper and not going to run out soon. I find one really good thing is all the basics for the month are done in one order. I can check the total as I go and fit it into the budget that way. At the store I've never succeeded in getting a good total.

I have floors which are wood which needs a sanding and sealing, and collect dirt by the doors and in the pathways, so I use the cardboard from the boxes for lining walkways. Less dirt sticking that way. You can't sand and seal in the winter with a gas heater....

I still like to window shop and check out all the stuff in the store, but don't buy much. And I like that the people who sell the same old stuff on amazon are still there when you discover you need two more.

Their retrun policy is also something I like a lot. No hastle, no arguments, just service.

I like window shopping in stores which are interesting now and then, but honestly I notice the prices and am not likely to buy. I've also gotten some very nice nitch sort of jewelry and things I normally find at street faires and love that I can find them.

If local stores don't keep the shelves full and sell two brands out of ten, then its quite easy to see why people like shopping online.

I also buy some things from Walmart's site, and its nice in that they carry the larger sizes of some products the local store usually doesn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products