Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 07:55 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times

Advertisements

I get USPS orders and FedEx orders
I rarely order anything from Amazon that is not prime-eligible but I have had several shipments that did not come in the 2 day time line
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 08:40 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Depending on who had what where (in the US), I'll have a order show up by UPS, Fedex and USPS all in the same day. I've called into Amazon and tried to setup a preference and they said I couldn't.

Old 11-01-2016, 09:20 PM

13,130 posts, read 21,001,609 times
Fedex, UPS, and USPS equally for most orders. OnTrac and Amazon do not provide delivery in my area, too far from their distribution centers. There is no real relationship I can find as to who gets to handle the average package. On items of certain size, weight, value, or signature requirements, those you can figure out who probably will deliver them based on your location, but otherwise, it's anyone's guess.

Old 11-01-2016, 10:31 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,607,521 times
The last two Prime shipments I ordered were delivered by a white van that said Amazon on it. I asked the driver the second time and he said its because we now have a fulfillment center in Denver. They used to be delivered by UPS and sometimes US Mail.

Old 11-01-2016, 11:16 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Note that for Prime orders shipped using USPS, Amazon themselves actually transports the package to your local post office, where the USPS makes the final delivery from there. If you ever tracked an Amazon Prime order shipped via USPS, until the delivery day the tracking shows that the package is in possession of a "Shipping Partner".
I think it depends on where you live. Mine used to come from a distribution center in Kentucky (I think Lexington), and the shipping would show that it was picked up by USPS (or whoever) in Kentucky, or sometimes Fedex would pick it up in Kentucky and hand it over to USPS for delivery. Recently, everything has started coming from Lenexa Kansas, so now the tracker shows the packages being handed off to USPS once they are in the St. Louis region.

But then I have a package coming tomorrow, and it shows that it was picked up my USPS in Kansas. So I guess it just really depends on each delivery.

Old 11-02-2016, 05:01 AM

696 posts, read 905,363 times
They use UPS which his the WORST. They leave my boxes out in the rain, don't ring the doorbell and ignore all complaints. They hire illegals. USPS is so much better and also cheaper.

Old 11-02-2016, 07:29 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,976,514 times
I don't know whether my comment really addresses your original question because I don't have Prime but I do buy from Amazon and stuff does get shipped to me free (by either UPS or USPS - can't recall the last time I had an Amazon FedEx delivery) ... it just supposedly takes longer.

This USPS thing drives me nuts. When UPS delivers .. they actually get something to my house and leave it by the fence just fine. When the USPS has that final leg, receipt is delayed at least one extra day because they don't even bother to bring a parcel that won't fit in a mailbox out (which is most packages) .. they just leave a card for me to go pick it up at the post office. That is not 'home delivery'.

I bought 2 of the exact same item off Amazon 2 weeks ago, both with 'free shipping' (but not Prime). I was not allowed to buy 2 of that same item from the same seller though so I had to buy from different 'Amazon' sellers. The first item delivered by UPS arrived at my fence in 3 days, from China (both seem to have come right from the same factory/distributor over there). I am still waiting for the 2nd which was shipped the same day (there is tracking - it went from China to Chicago in 2 days and is still sitting there over a week later according to the tracking notes). That one is supposedly coming USPS. I know how large these parcels are - about 18x18" square boxes so they definitely will not fit in my mailbox, so USPS won't even bother to bring it to the house (or if they do and take it back they are crazy!). I will not get that last one till it has been in town here for at least 2 days either. Meanwhile the first exact same item ordered within seconds of the 2nd one that has still not arrived, has been in use for 2 weeks.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:00 AM

3,974 posts, read 4,260,829 times
Ours is a combination of UPS and USPS. I am not too thrilled with the USPS service. Twice now, I have had a package that was supposed to arrive on the weekend. When I tracked it, it had arrived at our local mail distribution center, and then didn't arrive at my house on-time. When I re-tracked it, it mysteriously said, "package damaged in mail. returned to shipper". But lo and behold, the darn package was in my mailbox on Monday! Grrrr.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:21 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,442,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Roses View Post
The last two Prime shipments I ordered were delivered by a white van that said Amazon on it. I asked the driver the second time and he said its because we now have a fulfillment center in Denver. They used to be delivered by UPS and sometimes US Mail.
Same here in NJ.. Ordered something on prime had it that evening. we have 2 distribution centers near where I live..

Old 11-02-2016, 09:50 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,539,449 times
USPS, FedEx, UPS, OnTrac, and Amazon (own drivers) are all used in my area (Southern California).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products