Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 09:45 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,475,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I have no idea, you'd have to ask Livewire..
I'm just playing possum,I think I know why...
I used to work in retail stores and we also had member cards and every so often I'd get standoffish customers that refused the card stating that companies already have enough information on us etc.
I used to know a conspiracy person or two and have heard that big brother may be tracking us but after thinking about it why would they care what groceries I'm buying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 11:12 AM

1,178 posts, read 3,836,148 times
In the Atlanta area:

Kroger
Publix
Ingles
Whole Foods
Wal-Mart

That's about it. Over the past fifteen to twenty years, these chains have closed their doors.

Winn-Dixie
Brunos
FoodMax
Big Star
A & P
Cub Foods
Food Giant

Old 05-04-2008, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
Over the past fifteen to twenty years, these chains have closed their doors.

Winn-Dixie
I couldn't believe hearing that Winn-Dixie would have closed so I looked it up and it looks like they're still around -

[Winn-Dixie] Welcome : Getting Better All the Time!

Old 05-04-2008, 12:38 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,573,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
I couldn't believe hearing that Winn-Dixie would have closed so I looked it up and it looks like they're still around -

Winn Dixie used to have locations everywhere around here when I was a kid. Now there are none, they've all closed. And I see on their website that they have no locations in Kentucky at all.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:53 PM

112 posts, read 436,985 times
In Nashville we have:

Harris Teeter
Kroeger
Publix
Whole Foods

Those are the ones I frequent. There maybe a few smaller ones around. There are things I like about each one, but I'm not in love with any of them since I'm from WNY and I miss Wegmans.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Winn Dixie used to have locations everywhere around here when I was a kid. Now there are none, they've all closed. And I see on their website that they have no locations in Kentucky at all.
I remember going there when I was in FL so I checked on there and they're still listed there,maybe they'll just fold quietly.

Old 05-04-2008, 03:06 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:

They HAVE closed some locations in Florida, as has K-Mart.

Does anyone know of any Food Lion's that are still open? Or have they all closed down?

Old 05-04-2008, 04:30 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
I'm just playing possum,I think I know why...
I used to work in retail stores and we also had member cards and every so often I'd get standoffish customers that refused the card stating that companies already have enough information on us etc.
I used to know a conspiracy person or two and have heard that big brother may be tracking us but after thinking about it why would they care what groceries I'm buying?
LOL... I'm not sure about the theory the "standoffish" customers gave you, there maybe some truth to it, but if anything, that's free enterprise, not communism! If it were communism, and you didn't shop there for over 2 weeks, the retailers would send armed police to your house to arrest you!

Old 05-04-2008, 05:02 PM

53 posts, read 214,924 times
All my poor little NJ town has is a Shoprite. There is a tiny coop/health food store in town which is where I frequent the most. The next town over has a Stop & Shop.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Does anyone know of any Food Lion's that are still open? Or have they all closed down?
Food Lion is based in NC so maybe they just pulled some stores in some places(in FL maybe they got sick of the hurricanes) You can look up their website for locations also but there were a couple locations up here in MD & DE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products