Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 06:42 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times

Advertisements

I just use a hose attached to my shower head and let'er rip.
Butt blasters are the bomb.
And say good-bye to hemorrhoids from scratchy paper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2020, 08:17 PM

3,318 posts, read 1,818,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
I've had a Toto Washlet for 12 years. Made in Japan, where this technology was perfected and has been used for decades. It still operates as good as new. I couldn't live without it.

Washlets are great for personal hygiene and the old motherly advice to always wear clean underwear so you won’t be embarrassed if you unfortunately end up in the emergency room no longer suffices.

Today, with strip and cavity searches becoming more common, you must always have clean underwear AND a clean anus to avoid embarrassment. This is especially true at airport security checkpoints where hundreds of people might be watching.

Recently installed a new Toto Washlet. It's the 900e I believe and she's a beauty!
Loaded with ALL the bells and whistles... and I mean actual whistles as this thing is seemingly always whirring away at one task or another. So I call her Lady Macbeth because she cleans herself incessantly.
But it's no thing really as it's all in the interest of good hygiene.
Saving tp is the least of it.

Old 04-07-2020, 09:25 PM

841 posts, read 553,505 times
We have the toilet seat bidet. No TP saved since I still need to use basically the same amount to dry off.

Old 04-07-2020, 10:21 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
^^^

I had a $40 attachable bidet toilet seat device when I lived in Honolulu. It worked great, but since it didn't have the air drying feature, I still needed toilet paper afterward. So if anyone is considering getting a bidet due to not having toilet paper, I'd encourage them to get a model with this feature.

Old 04-07-2020, 10:54 PM

13,072 posts, read 7,508,849 times
We have used washlets for ~15 years. First because $600-1000 floor redo from the backups, another $600-1000 for septic pumpouts, gets old after do this 2 times in 10 years; Second, we cared for senior parents- the washlets help for cleaning them, hemorrhoids, and episodes of diarrhea. Third, we are now the seniors and getting to the store for TP and groceries present a significant risk, even a grocery-delivery service involves 2-3 people (the picker, the register, the delivery); Four, the cost; Five, feeling of cleanliness.
Our last one was purchased for less than our 1st one and is more featured. I've tried 3 brands. Cost ~$250, nicely featured.

Keep the tree in the forest which fixes more carbon, which will slow climate change.
You can flush money on TP. We will spend money on toys and other stuff.

Old 04-08-2020, 08:10 AM

1,291 posts, read 176,966 times
Been living in our current house for almost 7 years. It came with a bidet in the Master Bathroom. Haven't used it yet but might have to if we run out of TP. I'd better figure out how to use it first though. One time I turned it on out of curiosity and the spray hit the ceiling. I could end up getting a colon cleanse if I'm not careful.

Old 04-08-2020, 08:55 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,643,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa6660 View Post
We have the toilet seat bidet. No TP saved since I still need to use basically the same amount to dry off.
This was my experience. Plus, I guess the water pressure was insufficient as it was not...shall we say...thorough.

Maybe these fancy models are much better but we didn't bother reinstalling the wash let when we moved. I do love the idea of bidets, in theory. Wet wipes are fine too, just don't flush.

Old 04-08-2020, 12:11 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,571,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
OP wants to know about bidets not soapy wet rags
It's good to hear about alternatives. Wet wipes are great if available, and they are portable, while not flushable anymore than paper towels are.

Last edited by mlulu23; 04-08-2020 at 12:52 PM..

Old 04-08-2020, 02:03 PM

841 posts, read 553,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
This was my experience. Plus, I guess the water pressure was insufficient as it was not...shall we say...thorough.

Maybe these fancy models are much better but we didn't bother reinstalling the wash let when we moved. I do love the idea of bidets, in theory. Wet wipes are fine too, just don't flush.
Haha. Well, we don't have that good of water pressure, but it still scares me to turn it on. Barely have to turn the knob and it is plenty. It has the option for the female spray as well, but I basically need to remove my pants to use it as that gets water everywhere and I really need a towel afterwards.

Old 04-08-2020, 02:49 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,086,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa6660 View Post
Haha. Well, we don't have that good of water pressure, but it still scares me to turn it on. Barely have to turn the knob and it is plenty. It has the option for the female spray as well, but I basically need to remove my pants to use it as that gets water everywhere and I really need a towel afterwards.
A modern washlet doesn’t spray water everywhere and you can use it without removing clothing. The unit I have senses the presence of buttocks on the seat and won’t even activate if nobody’s “home”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I have only seen one in my life back in 1986 and asked what the devil is that. Kinda like the croc man playing with one in the movie.
That scene was funny, but it showed a 19th century bidet. Washlets are totally different, Google and YouTube can show you how the latest technology works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products