Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2023, 08:14 AM

19,545 posts, read 9,561,689 times

Advertisements

I get the occasional emails for Snow Joe. Then hearing we could get a rough winter with lots of snow. So I’m wondering if there is anyone from CD Forum that have any such Snow Joe products and what they think about them, pros and cons. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2023, 08:20 AM

22,610 posts, read 47,726,078 times
Which products are you interested in?

Old 10-11-2023, 08:29 AM

7,861 posts, read 3,850,659 times
I have a Snow Joe Telescoping Snow Broom and it is great to clear the snow off my windshield. Last winter we had record snowfall - over 600 inches - and this product was ideal

Old 10-11-2023, 01:34 PM

6,592 posts, read 11,300,312 times
I've only had their SunJoe products. But both the electric hedge trimmer and electric power washer worked fine. The power washer was only for washing my car (with a foam cannon), so I didn't have a high PSI need.

Old 10-11-2023, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Which products are you interested in?

Because of the snow, I saw a mini that I could easily (I hope anyways) to go from front drive to in back - maybe the deck.

I think they had some summer products too. If you are an owner of SJ product, how long have you had it? Ona scale of 1 - 5, how would you rate your experience?

That would help me out a lot. I have met anyone that has one. Although I have relatives up north, they all have kids. Old enough to do their dirty work . I’m kinda kidding. Although when we were younger, we shoveled the driveway. Beforeremote controls came out, we were also Dad’s tv channel changers.

Thank you all for your input. Sounds like SJ makes pretty decent products.

Old 10-12-2023, 10:12 AM

4,544 posts, read 2,698,884 times
When we lived in New England I bought a couple snow shovels and a ”snow pusher” for the car, at the hardware store. I have zero idea what brand names they were. I also had an electric Toro snow blower that did a great job for all but the deepest snows - and it didn't do real well on the berm out at the street when the plows piled it up there and it was a wet heavy snow. For that I usually just used a shovel, but occasionally I'd ask my neighbor to use his giant Ariens.

So, I don't think you need some special brand of snow stuff, just use the same thing the neighbors use. If you're up in Maine with a half mile long driveway you'll be looking at a 3/4 ton 4WD pickup with a plow anyway.

Old 10-14-2023, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
When we lived in New England I bought a couple snow shovels and a ”snow pusher” for the car, at the hardware store. I have zero idea what brand names they were. I also had an electric Toro snow blower that did a great job for all but the deepest snows - and it didn't do real well on the berm out at the street when the plows piled it up there and it was a wet heavy snow. For that I usually just used a shovel, but occasionally I'd ask my neighbor to use his giant Ariens.

So, I don't think you need some special brand of snow stuff, just use the same thing the neighbors use. If you're up in Maine with a half mile long driveway you'll be looking at a 3/4 ton 4WD pickup with a plow anyway.
Nope, not that far up . I do have relatives up that way.
Mostly we shovel. However I’m still thinking about checking Snojoe out. Sounds like they’re at least a pretty decent company.

Old 10-15-2023, 04:53 AM
Status: "Hello Darlin, Nice to see you - Conway Twitty" (set 16 days ago)

791 posts, read 377,663 times
NO! Do not use a Snow Joe. There are certain things that work - I actually bought a Sun Joe tiller 13.5 Amp and it works great in our sandy soil, not as good as a Toro gas engine when it comes to heavy work though so base it on your needs.

When dealing with snow, especially wet snow, you need pure power. I bought one 10 years ago, maybe they got better but it couldn't handle a foot of snow by any stretch. I bought a honda gas powered blower and it could handle anything. If you want to blow out a couple inches no problem, if you want to clear a path find something else.

I sold mine and bought the honda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products