Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which store do you prefer?
Walmart 25 26.60%
Target 69 73.40%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 08:57 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,580,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
There aren't a lot of Walmarts around here and I find it to be the most disgusting place. I actually find some useful things at Target when my teens force me to go and stuff my whole family needs at reasonable prices. Plus at Target stuff is usually on the shelf rather than thrown on the floor and when you check out they don't ask: "Buying cigarettes??"
Say what !!!! what wal-mart are you going to ? I travel all over this country and I got to tell ya Stater Bros and Safeway or Von's may be fancier inside but ya know i'am not buying the store most of the places i have been are really cleanand the food is the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 08:58 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,765,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
The Targets in Dallas look a lot nicer than here....I'm sure they sell the same overpriced, cheap crap though.
That's why I never shop a Target because they prices are high.In super Target they prices are so high on food that's why I go to Walmart for food not Target.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:59 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,440,732 times
Target has actually done some nice mixed use urban developments in L.A. Walmart avoids the city itself cause there isn't enough space for their giant stores and parking lots. Like this development in West Hollywood: The Target is one the second floor above street level shops and cafes and there is not street level huge parking lot.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:03 PM

137 posts, read 294,815 times
Why does everybody hate Wal-Mart? I like the place. Shop there all the time. And why not, hell they have the cheapest prices. Last time I checked I'm trying to save money and buy all my stuff at the least expensive store out there. It's convenient too.

Now clothes, furniture, electronics...no I buy that elsewhere. But groceries, toiletries, aspirin...stuff like that...Wal-Mart all day.

Target's alright too. They cost a little more than Wal-Mart though. And I don't wanna pay more for milk, toothpaste, soda, lunchmeat, etc than I have to. But Target's a nice store.

WAL-MART RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-08-2009, 09:04 PM

50 posts, read 148,519 times
Yeah I prefer Walmart cause I think sometimes they are cheaper, and Target always smells like popcorn when you go in. But the inner city of Indianapolis has these "Neighborhood Walmarts" and they are more like a grocery store, no clothes or electronics. They are terrible at night it will be 30 people with one or two lanes open.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:07 PM

137 posts, read 294,815 times
BTW Milwaukee doesn't have Wal-Mart SuperCenters...man does that suck. That's why I moved.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:14 PM

210 posts, read 845,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
Actually, f**k both Walmart *and* Target....Ikea beats both with a big stick.
IKEA is nothing like target of wal-mart. They are 2 completely different types of stores.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:15 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,688,050 times
Target!!

Old 04-08-2009, 09:18 PM

342 posts, read 685,742 times
Why?!? How about whole foods?

Old 04-08-2009, 09:27 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,765,968 times
This was the largest Walmart in the world this is before supercenters. This was a prototype it was called hypermart usa. It was located in garland,tx (aka dfw) it was with a joint venture with safeway's tom thumb and walmart. It was soooooooo big it was 220,000 square feet it offered
a mini mall food court,arcade,and bank.It lasted for 3 years and was renamed Walmart supercenter.
this prototype was originally was the blue print for other supercenters stores.They made the supercenters of today smaller because this one was waaaay to big.This store was built in 1987 this walmart look like a giant box.In the inside it has wharehouse style lights its just ugly. Its now closed they moved and built a new locaton a few blocks away.On may 20 they closed it now it just sits there. The city want to do something with it but target and kmart said it is just to large and it would cost to much to renovate.Now its just a giant eyesore.

Grand opening

now closed

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/12-08/1201HypermartLG.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products