Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2007, 07:53 AM

1 posts, read 2,719 times

Advertisements

So I have just accepted a job in Keithville, and am moving down in about 3 weeks...I am going to be living in Shreveport, and had a few questions I was hoping some of you could help me with. For starters im a 26 year old guy, who is moving down by himself, and will know literally not a soul...I am hoping to find a few options for living but I do have some issues that may hinder my choices. For one, I have a 60 pound yellow lab who is coming with me, and from what I understand that may cause quite an issue. I was hoping to live in the area around youree drive, or atleast in that region, and the only place I found that will take the dog is towne oaks south. I have looked at some reviews on this site, and that got some pretty bad reviews. I am looking to spend no more than around 600 a month for a one bedroom, and wanted to know if their are other options besides this place. I would like to be in atleast an area where I can meet young people to help with the new environment, and wondered if any of you knew of some ideas. Any help you can give me would be much apreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2007, 08:48 AM

104 posts, read 833,016 times
Hi, sorry I can't help a whole lot, but will try. I haven't lived in Louisiana for 10 years but will hopefully be moving back at the end of this summer. Keithville is pretty rural. There are some rough areas in Shreveport, be carefull. I would suggest looking at the schools for the area you want to move to. That is usually a good indicator of the area. Good luck to you!

Old 02-24-2007, 03:32 PM

3,074 posts, read 8,026,322 times
Default Suggestion

Why don't you check out the Stonewall area? It is just over the DeSoto parish(county) line. Rapidly developing with access to I-49 and US 171. Maybe 2 or 3 miles south of Keithville.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:01 PM

39 posts, read 194,614 times
Hi there. I also will be moving to Shreveport soon, in about 8 months..and am having a similar dillema..I have two miniature dachshunds..Though most apartments I have found will accept pets, they have to be under 20 lbs, and it is a $300 deposit per pet!! ($150 non refundable), and many only allow one pet. I will keep my eyes open and let you know if I find a complex that accepts larger dogs OK?

As far as areas, here is a map of the best areas to live in in Shreveport..A friend of mine on here gave this to me and it has really helped in figuring out which areas are safest.

http://www.geocities.com/everythings...veport-map.jpg

I am very much considering Bossier City in my prospects as well..lower crime, more good areas.

Here are some resources that may help your research.

1)Apt Shopper..A partial list of the apartments of Shreveport/Bossier City

http://www.aptshopper.com/frmHotMap.asp

2)http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/LA-Shreveport.html

-Also try Bossier City apartment listings on this site.

3) Maybe try calling all of the apartments in the area to see which ones may accept your pet..Yellowpages is the best way to find most all of the area apartments..Many of the online rating and review places only have a small portion of the apartments in Shreveport/Bossier.

http://www.switchboard.com/swbd.main...e-14a4f64828ab
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City