Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 09:26 PM

2,555 posts, read 2,312,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIJI67 View Post
Forgive my potential ignorance here, but how is it even a fair comparison to compare raw data for a city with virtually no metro area (Sioux Falls) vs one city in a very large metro area (Bloomington in the Twin Cities) when the populations are vastly different? The TC has an approximate population of well over 3 million, Sioux Falls is not even a quarter million... am I missing something here?

I can guarantee the number of murders in the MPLS area/TC is well, WELL over the percentage of Sioux Falls, so I'm not even going to look at the numbers...
I thought the comparison was Bloomington vs Metro Sioux Falls...Sioux Falls has a metro area of a little over 250k...Bloomington has a population of 85,000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 10:28 PM

26 posts, read 51,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkmere View Post
I thought the comparison was Bloomington vs Metro Sioux Falls...Sioux Falls has a metro area of a little over 250k...Bloomington has a population of 85,000.
I guess I'm still confused. Not trying to start any wars, just saw this thread and got super confused, because comparing Sioux Falls to the TC or Bloomington just, well, doesn't make sense to me.

IF the comparison was Sioux Falls Metro vs anything, I guess you'd have to compare it to TC metro, around 3.2 million, according to a quick Google.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls