Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 03:47 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,952,271 times

Advertisements

Hey Folks,

I've made disparaging remarks on this forum about Soccer, or more accurately, Futbol, and I want to apologize to all of you.

I haven't been goaded into this by a moderator or anyone else other than my own conscious. I made disparaging remarks about a sport that is loved worldwide, and although I am not a fan, that's absolutely no excuse.

The athletes who play Futbol are true athletes in every sense of the word. I'm glad that you are able to enjoy the World Cup, it's one of the few sporting events on the planet in which the whole world participates to determine a champion.

Perhaps in time I will become a fan (I really hope so). In the meantime, I would sincerely like to apologize to the good fans of Futbol and hope that you'll forgive me for acting like a little child by disparaging your fine sport.

Enjoy the remainder of the games; you wait years for this, and you deserve every single minute of your sport's time on the world stage.

My humblest of apologies to each and every Futbol fan out there. I really mean that.

Sincerely,
buzzpost
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 04:55 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Hey Folks,

I've made disparaging remarks on this forum about Soccer, or more accurately, Futbol, and I want to apologize to all of you.

I haven't been goaded into this by a moderator or anyone else other than my own conscious. I made disparaging remarks about a sport that is loved worldwide, and although I am not a fan, that's absolutely no excuse.

The athletes who play Futbol are true athletes in every sense of the word. I'm glad that you are able to enjoy the World Cup, it's one of the few sporting events on the planet in which the whole world participates to determine a champion.

Perhaps in time I will become a fan (I really hope so). In the meantime, I would sincerely like to apologize to the good fans of Futbol and hope that you'll forgive me for acting like a little child by disparaging your fine sport.

Enjoy the remainder of the games; you wait years for this, and you deserve every single minute of your sport's time on the world stage.

My humblest of apologies to each and every Futbol fan out there. I really mean that.

Sincerely,
buzzpost
As just a casual fan I think this is mighty big of you, now call it football and you will find true enlightenment!

Old 06-30-2010, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
As just a casual fan I think this is mighty big of you, now call it football and you will find true enlightenment!
My sincerest apologies to Football fans everywhere!

Old 06-30-2010, 06:40 AM

59 posts, read 156,490 times
Never read any of your comments about futbol/soccer but if you are interested in becoming a fan just take some time and go watch a game live. I was not a fan at all and would much rather watch football or hockey than watch a soccer game until I went to see the Houston Dynamo play. The home team lost but the game was so very exciting. The players are some of the most passionate that I have ever seen and the fans are absolutely crazy. Everybody gets into the game. It is reasonably priced as far as professional sports go and you will easily get hooked. There is a reason it is the most watched spectator sport in the world. Check out some youtube videos on the Seattle sounders or Toronto FC.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCdweller View Post
Never read any of your comments about futbol/soccer but if you are interested in becoming a fan just take some time and go watch a game live. I was not a fan at all and would much rather watch football or hockey than watch a soccer game until I went to see the Houston Dynamo play. The home team lost but the game was so very exciting. The players are some of the most passionate that I have ever seen and the fans are absolutely crazy. Everybody gets into the game. It is reasonably priced as far as professional sports go and you will easily get hooked. There is a reason it is the most watched spectator sport in the world. Check out some youtube videos on the Seattle sounders or Toronto FC.
Sounds like good advice CCdweller. I will do that. Thanks.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:45 AM

1,816 posts, read 2,514,345 times
This is nifty. Not everyone has to like every sport - but the fact that you're showing respect to those that do? Super cool. You may or may not become a soccer/football fan, but keeping an open mind is a good step no matter what.

So .

Old 06-30-2010, 11:15 AM

I was an arse before and there was absolutely no call for it. The fact that you football fans are not beating me up (which is deserved) shows a lot of class. I plan to attend some football matches in the future in my area. All I need, another sport to get addicted to...

Old 06-30-2010, 11:23 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,002,006 times
I dont know why but I dont trust the OP or this thread. I feel like we are being setup.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:12 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,054,754 times
pretty cool of you to say that. Thanks for being a MAN and telling us how it is.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:51 PM

747 posts, read 2,759,831 times
If you want to check out a game, you just to have to tune into ESPN this Friday and Saturday for WC qtr finals w/ Arg v Grmany and Bra v Holland. Or the final on ABC on Sunday, July 11th
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer