Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2013, 10:40 AM

2,866 posts, read 5,243,291 times

Advertisements

Didn't Aguero date Maradona's daughter? Or am I mixing things up here?

The game against Colombia is tonight. Not sure if I will watch because the European play-offs are also tonight and our game is just a friendly. Besides, we're missing almost our entire first team and even several reserve players so whatever the result is, it doesn't reflect on our regular team that will play at the WC. Unfortunately, our B/C team is quite a step down from our A team, we don't have enough depth to cover all these players missing :/

I see Gibraltar is also playing a friendly today (against Slovakia), is this their first game as a NT? I think so.

England-Germany is another good fixture, and tonight (for us Europeans) Brazil-Chile. I'm mostly looking forward to the European PO though. Apart from Romania, and perhaps France, all teams are still in contention for a spot at the WC. I'm hoping France can pull off a miracle and beat Ukraine by 3 goals or more and Sweden beats Portugal by +2 goals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 10:52 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
I see Gibraltar is also playing a friendly today (against Slovakia), is this their first game as a NT? I think so.

England-Germany is another good fixture, and tonight (for us Europeans) Brazil-Chile. I'm mostly looking forward to the European PO though. Apart from Romania, and perhaps France, all teams are still in contention for a spot at the WC. I'm hoping France can pull off a miracle and beat Ukraine by 3 goals or more and Sweden beats Portugal by +2 goals
Yes, the first official match ever for Gibraltar is this one. Gibraltar has for years played unofficial games against other unofficial associations like Jersey, Madeira, Ã…land Islands and... Tibet.

I too hope that France qualifies. More interesting as a team than Ukraine. Iceland needs a miracle, but let's hope for the best. Sweden could lose 0-6.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:18 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Didn't Aguero date Maradona's daughter? Or am I mixing things up here?

Yes, he did

what does that haves to di with his inmense talent as a player, though?

Old 11-19-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Yes, he did

what does that haves to di with his inmense talent as a player, though?
Nothing, it's just that I mainly know him for that Just one of those silly details that stick with me.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:39 PM

HT scores:

Romania 1-1 Greece
Croatia 2-0 Iceland
Sweden 0-0 Portugal
France 2-0 Ukraine (almost HT)

Looks like Iceland is a lost case France needs one more goal, Sweden needs two! I don't see Sweden scoring two goals with the way they've played so far though. I hate to say it but they don't really deserve to go to the WC based on these PO games, Portugal is the better team.

I'm rotating the Netherlands - Colombia game with the Sweden-Portugal game (the latter started 15 minutes later). Colombia is one nasty team, wtf. I hope this isn't their usual play. First one of their players blatantly stomps on Lens' shins, to which Lens (stupidly) retaliates with a push and gets sent off while the Colombian player gets nothing. Then they injure one of our only A-team players (Van der Vaart) and our only remaining striker Siem de Jong (Van Persie, Huntelaar and Kuijt are all injured). So now we're playing with 10 players and literally almost half of them were playing in the Dutch second league until this year. It's a miracle it's still 0-0 at HT, probably won't be for long though. It's a shame this game turned out this way, it could have been so nice

Old 11-19-2013, 02:06 PM

2,987 posts, read 5,250,398 times
Oh boy, Sweden need 3 goals now, Ronaldo again

Old 11-19-2013, 02:07 PM

2,987 posts, read 5,250,398 times
and Ukraine is screwed. Pack it in on defense time.

Old 11-19-2013, 02:29 PM

Well, Netherlands - Colombia ended in 0-0 and Sweden scored 2 goals, shows what I know Portugal scored 3 though and there are only 5 minutes left, so Sweden can forget about it.

Netherlands remain unbeaten in 2013

Old 11-19-2013, 02:37 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
Oh boy, Sweden need 3 goals now, Ronaldo again
I am not a big fan of Ronaldo's, but today he played extremely well, three goals. The way he calculates angles and speed is quite impressive.

Old 11-19-2013, 02:42 PM

0-1 Ronaldo (50")
1-1 Ibrahimovic (68")
2-1 Ibrahimovic (72")
2-2 Ronaldo (77")
2-3 Ronaldo (79")

They lived up to expectations, for sure What an amazing second half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer