Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2014, 02:26 AM

16,674 posts, read 17,444,965 times

Advertisements

Here's what the BBC say about Neymar's injury;

BBC Sport - Neymar: Brazil forward out of 2014 Fifa World Cup with back injury

I have the matches on in the background whilst doing other stuff so I don't watch it avidly.

The 'flopping', writhing, negative tactics and targeting of certain players is a turn off for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 09:51 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
on a side note: im semi glad the US is already out. only becaue im sick of listening to the "I believe that we will win" chant. was more annoying than the vuvzelas could ever be
Ok, get out. Pointless jab.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:23 AM

2,987 posts, read 5,253,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Here's what the BBC say about Neymar's injury;

BBC Sport - Neymar: Brazil forward out of 2014 Fifa World Cup with back injury

I have the matches on in the background whilst doing other stuff so I don't watch it avidly.

The 'flopping', writhing, negative tactics and targeting of certain players is a turn off for me.
Zuniga insisted: "I never meant to hurt a player. It was a normal move."

Right, anyone watching that on replay can see what his intent was. He didn't even play the ball, just ran straight at Neymar.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:10 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,737,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
The World Cup is not some festival where every team has an equal shot at winning. There may be some upsets in the group stage and the R16 but after that, the best teams come out on top. That's why it's no surprise to see the "same old" teams getting far in the WC. I don't know what else you expected.
Exactly! The usual teams almost always end up on top because they're that good compared to the other teams. If it were up to me, I'd love to see US team in the final and takes the cup home. But we're not there yet, so until then, I'm content to see the usual suspects play and show the world what they're made of.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:34 AM

Argentina must be that good cus they've contained Belgium. Last game the Belgians ran laps around us. So we must be that bad or Argentina that dang good? I didn't think of Argentina to be that great but apparently they are. So far the at 1-0 for Argentina the Belgians look hopeless and desperate.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:44 AM

83 posts, read 168,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Argentina must be that good cus they've contained Belgium. Last game the Belgians ran laps around us. So we must be that bad or Argentina that dang good? I didn't think of Argentina to be that great but apparently they are. So far the at 1-0 for Argentina the Belgians look hopeless and desperate.
In Argentina, futbol is a religion, and Maradona is for Jesus. When soccer gets to the same level of importance and national pride in the US, then maybe we will be just that good, but it's a long way down road anyway.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:58 AM

Argetina vs Holland! What a great game. Unless the Ticos can beat the Clockwork Orange but I doubt it, the next semi final game will be a blast.

Old 07-05-2014, 12:49 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,795,860 times
Quote:
Brazil can breathe a sigh of relief. The usual suspects continue to dominate the game. We'll see if Costa Rica and Belgium can do anything tomorrow.

Brazil has dominated this game like crazy. Colombia seemed so weak and inefficient. Hardly the team we saw earlier in the cup. Unbelievable.
This was one of the worst games in the WC. Colombia came in hesitant and insecure, didn't even play the whole first half. I was very disappointed in them because they had done so well against Uruguay. There was foul after foul committed by both, but I saw Colombia worst, very desperate and unbalanced, a total turn-off.

It seems like in the 2nd half Colombia woke-up and actually started playing. I believe they deserved that goal that didn't count. Then the guy who deliberately kneed Neymar, horrible.

I think Brazil deserved to win.

Old 07-05-2014, 12:52 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,795,860 times
Quote:
They hadn't been looking good IMO, but in this game they looked strong. I Wonder if they would have made it this far if they had played Germany, Netherlands or Brazil in the other rounds. The teams they have had so far (besides Belgium)have not been that much competition.

Messi is just amazing, he looks like a flea the way he controls the ball and maneuvers around people. He is unstoppable.

Old 07-05-2014, 12:55 PM

Best game of the cup is still Brazil vs Chile. I have yet to see a game that matched that level of intensity. The last fifteen mins of USA vs Belgium, maybe? But still not a while game as of yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer