Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2019, 07:10 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,662,326 times

Advertisements

I also noticed a new bank further down Broad near the base, it's just before you get to the gates at Shaw. I didn't noticed it going out, but I saw it coming back into Sumter . Seem like it said All State, or maybe it's not a bank at all. And those new luxury apartments called The Retreat, look really nice coming into town. Where there was all woods is now a nice view, and they are not even done building them all the way out to Carter Road. Some people will do double take if they haven't been to Sumter in a while. And the new Second Mill pond dam looks nice as well, a big improvement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 07:27 PM

And what's up with the Wendy's on Broad street, obviously it's closed at the moment. But, is it closed for remodeling, repairs, to be torn down and a new store built in it's place. I see nothing on the sign out front, or anywhere letting you know what's going on. Seem like you would owe it to your customers, and the people who love Wendy's to let them know what's going on. I could have missed something in the item, but they should of least have something up letting the public know what's going on.

Old 02-14-2019, 01:36 PM

217 posts, read 240,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
And what's up with the Wendy's on Broad street, obviously it's closed at the moment. But, is it closed for remodeling, repairs, to be torn down and a new store built in it's place. I see nothing on the sign out front, or anywhere letting you know what's going on. Seem like you would owe it to your customers, and the people who love Wendy's to let them know what's going on. I could have missed something in the item, but they should of least have something up letting the public know what's going on.
https://www.theitem.com/stories/broa...rebuilt,313258 should look similar to garners ferry rd location next to VA

Old 02-14-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalzelldragon View Post
https://www.theitem.com/stories/broa...rebuilt,313258 should look similar to garners ferry rd location next to VA
Ok, thanks.

Old 02-15-2019, 03:22 PM

I have a friend in the car business, told me today that McLaughlin Ford is not moving. I don't know if this is actually the case, but this is what he told me. He said they changed their minds about moving out Broad. If that's the case, then that will throw a wrench in the entire project. But, I guess they had a plan B, because construction on a roadway seem to be well underway. Maybe it's just a minor setback along the way that needs to be worked out. Next time I'm out that way, I'll check to see if their sign is still there. If the sign is no longer up, them perhaps there is some truth to it.

Old 02-24-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
I have a friend in the car business, told me today that McLaughlin Ford is not moving. I don't know if this is actually the case, but this is what he told me. He said they changed their minds about moving out Broad. If that's the case, then that will throw a wrench in the entire project. But, I guess they had a plan B, because construction on a roadway seem to be well underway. Maybe it's just a minor setback along the way that needs to be worked out. Next time I'm out that way, I'll check to see if their sign is still there. If the sign is no longer up, them perhaps there is some truth to it.
The future home sign with the Ford logo is still up next to tractor supply

Old 02-27-2019, 08:00 PM

Empty retail spaces will be adding up around town. We already have three vacant former Rite Aid stores that was taken over by Walgreens, Kmart will be vacant soon, as well as payless Shoes.

Old 03-05-2019, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Empty retail spaces will be adding up around town. We already have three vacant former Rite Aid stores that was taken over by Walgreens, Kmart will be vacant soon, as well as payless Shoes.
Add rugged wearhouse old Shaw DG and Fallas to that list as well

Old 03-05-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalzelldragon View Post
Add rugged wearhouse old Shaw DG and Fallas to that list as well
Yes, it's adding up.

Old 03-08-2019, 04:09 PM

I reached out to a national chain restaurant on last week. I won't say the name, but I asked them about bringing one of their restaurant to Sumter. I contacted them through their website contact information. I wasn't looking for any real reply, because I have done this before, only to get no reply, or sorry, we have no plans to expand into Sumter at this time. However, I did got a reply back. The guy thanked me for my interest in having them bring a restaurant to Sumter. He said they are always looking for new areas to open new restaurants, and he will have their brokers to look at Sumter soon. I told them about the military in this community, and how their restaurants are popular among the military community. They will fit perfect here, and they have great food in my opinion. Nothing beats a failure but a try. I did this with Popeye's years before they came to Sumter, I got a reply saying no plans for a Sumter store at this time. I won't be holding my breath, but I would love to post the positive email exchange I had with this guy. Just trying to help out the city and the Chambers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina