Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2020, 11:55 AM

217 posts, read 240,494 times

Advertisements

[quote=mizzritz007;57586131]There was a rumor at one time that Chick-Fil-A was gna take that Rite-Aid lot on McCrays Mill/Pinewood. But I don't think it was true. But I think one would do good there tho!! It would get lots of traffic at all times of the day.[/QUOTE

Chick-Fil-A could build there, On 15 south, and by Shaw next to Oreilys all at the same time and still have large crowds for lunch and dinner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2020, 10:50 PM

93 posts, read 90,079 times
That is the truth!!! We love Chick-Fil-A!

Old 03-19-2020, 11:31 AM

2,167 posts, read 3,134,801 times
Shane’s Rib Shack has a coming soon sign up at the old Pizza Hut location on Broad.

Old 03-30-2020, 07:03 PM

217 posts, read 240,494 times
Ruby Tuesday is gone. The company was already struggling to keep up with Chili's, Applebee's,IHOP and the Pandemic didn't help matters

Old 03-31-2020, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalzelldragon View Post
Ruby Tuesday is gone. The company was already struggling to keep up with Chili's, Applebee's,IHOP and the Pandemic didn't help matters
I heard....makes me sad. I liked Ruby Tuesdays. And I'll admit we failed to go and support them. My husband wasn't as big of a fan as I was. I just hope that building doesnt stay empty for too long.... there doesn't seem to be much hope for new stuff coming to Sunter anymore with all this going on....

Old 03-31-2020, 12:57 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,662,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzritz007 View Post
I heard....makes me sad. I liked Ruby Tuesdays. And I'll admit we failed to go and support them. My husband wasn't as big of a fan as I was. I just hope that building doesnt stay empty for too long.... there doesn't seem to be much hope for new stuff coming to Sunter anymore with all this going on....

I'm sure it's not just Sumter, this coronavirus have changed things for everybody everywhere. That's a nice spot and I'm sure it won't be vacant long. But, first things first, we have to get a handle on this virus, before things can return to somewhat normal. Stay safe everybody, I wish everybody well. From my view, seems like half the town is taking stay at home and social distancing serious, and the other half are not. I've personally seen a lot of people on Saturday around town, not paying social distancing any attention. Stay strong y'all we will get through this.

Old 04-01-2020, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
[/b]

I'm sure it's not just Sumter, this coronavirus have changed things for everybody everywhere. That's a nice spot and I'm sure it won't be vacant long. But, first things first, we have to get a handle on this virus, before things can return to somewhat normal. Stay safe everybody, I wish everybody well. From my view, seems like half the town is taking stay at home and social distancing serious, and the other half are not. I've personally seen a lot of people on Saturday around town, not paying social distancing any attention. Stay strong y'all we will get through this.
As much as I'm itching to get out, I have been staying home. I went to the grocery store with my neighbor last week, but only cz I needed groceries. It was nice to be able to get out for just that little bit of time. But other than that, we both been staying home. My husband still has to work tho. He's doing all he can to keep from catching the virus. The majority, if not all of the people I know personally here in Sumter, are also staying home. Except for work.

I wish everyone the best! As I've seen it said, when all this blows over, we all need to pull together and try to support our small businesses in town. I'm also going to try to get take out from some places throughout this. I hate seeing businesses struggle. I wanna do all I can to help!

I don't mean to ramble, but I'll also mention, my husband got word today that his company will be doing pay cuts for all employees. We are already living paycheck to paycheck and he's about to get cut down by 10%... this time last year his checks were $150 more than they are now.... insurance went up...cut off overtime....and now this. This is gna be really tough....

Old 04-01-2020, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzritz007 View Post
As much as I'm itching to get out, I have been staying home. I went to the grocery store with my neighbor last week, but only cz I needed groceries. It was nice to be able to get out for just that little bit of time. But other than that, we both been staying home. My husband still has to work tho. He's doing all he can to keep from catching the virus. The majority, if not all of the people I know personally here in Sumter, are also staying home. Except for work.

I wish everyone the best! As I've seen it said, when all this blows over, we all need to pull together and try to support our small businesses in town. I'm also going to try to get take out from some places throughout this. I hate seeing businesses struggle. I wanna do all I can to help!

I don't mean to ramble, but I'll also mention, my husband got word today that his company will be doing pay cuts for all employees. We are already living paycheck to paycheck and he's about to get cut down by 10%... this time last year his checks were $150 more than they are now.... insurance went up...cut off overtime....and now this. This is gna be really tough....

I go out and get supplies when I need to, and a few other times I just took a drive around just to get out. Best of luck to you and your family during these tough times, a lot of people are going to be struggling through this crisis. Better days are coming, you just have to hold on and stay strong until then. If Ican do anything for you, just let me know.

Old 04-02-2020, 06:40 AM

8,248 posts, read 13,371,930 times
Yes I wish everyone well...these are truly trying times. I am concerned for small businesses their employees and lower income wage workers like those who work in supermarkets....they are helping us all and are the most at risk.

My internal skeptic believes that Banks will use this time period to gain bailout because they deferred peoples mortgage payments only to turn around and force people into loan modifications or refi at higher APRs and profit off the crisis on the back end at people's expense ....I hope I'm wrong

Old 04-02-2020, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Yes I wish everyone well...these are truly trying times. I am concerned for small businesses their employees and lower income wage workers like those who work in supermarkets....they are helping us all and are the most at risk.

My internal skeptic believes that Banks will use this time period to gain bailout because they deferred peoples mortgage payments only to turn around and force people into loan modifications or refi at higher APRs and profit off the crisis on the back end at people's expense ....I hope I'm wrong
Thank God for these people who get up and go to work each day, as well as our health care workers. A good friend who is a car salesman, was laid off from work on yesterday. The auto industry been hit really hard last month. I have other family members who been laid off as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina