Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2021, 07:30 AM

5,491 posts, read 8,324,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaccinated Masker View Post
It is interesting how partisans like you blame Fox News and conservatives for the virus when polls indicate black and hispanics are more likely not to be vaccinated. Are these demographics generally Fox News viewers and conservative? You won't vocally blame them for the infections because there is no political angle in it for you. I'm not blaming minorities for the infections....I'm pointing out your hypocrisy. I believe you have contempt for these people too but you won't admit it.

Urbanists are more likely to say they wear their masks but we see them all the time without their masks on including Joe B. He was spotted yesterday without his mask on at a baseball game. What people say they do and what they do are two different things.

You're also ignoring all the data that contradicts your assertion that masks work. There's been a ton of football games played with most of the fans not wearing masks, and no big covid outbreak after the games. When the states started lifting mask mandates, Fauci and others said there would be a increase in infections. When there wasn't an increase in the weeks soon after the mask mandate lifting, they had no explanation.

NY, NJ and other blue states have had higher covid death rates than SC. Keep in mind SC has a high percentage of the demographic less likely to get the vaccine, and more likely to die from it according to the government scientists. That means the other demographics must be doing extremely well in a relative sense to keep the state numbers below those in NJ, NY, etc.

Urbanists live right on top of other people but many of them then blame people who live in rural areas for the virus spreading. As I've pointed out, vaccination does not prevent covid spread, and there are large areas within urban areas where a minority of people are vaccinated. I would be amazed if the vaccination rate is lower in Mt Pleasant, Summerville, Goose Creek, etc , areas that have historically not voted your way, than the poor urban areas of Charleston and N. Charleston where your side wins nearly 100% of the voters.

It seems like when you talk about urban areas, all you see is the nicer areas like south of Calhoun in Charleston. There is a lot of poverty, low educational attainment, and crime in downtown Charleston and the rest of the peninsula.
I'm of ethnic background and everyone in my family has been vaccinated. Can you point me to your source that ethnic folks don't vaccinate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2021, 09:29 AM

1,290 posts, read 784,698 times
Why don't you post a source that contradicts my assertion?

I know plenty of conservative Republicans who have been vaccinated and wear masks when they are asked to. I am one of them. I watch Tucker and some other shows on Fox. Never heard them say don't get the vax.

I voted for the guy who pushed the vaccines through quickly while his critics said it couldn't be done.

Why do you think the state picked Stephen Colbert to pitch the vaccines if the unvaccinated are generally conservative. It would make sense to pick a person conservatives like.

Old 10-01-2021, 10:47 AM

12,919 posts, read 18,765,744 times
I see Facebook posts. Either a high percentage of my conservative friends on FB have actually been vaxxed but still share ani-vax memes and opinions, or they haven’t been vaxxed and don’t intend to get vaxxed.

Old 10-01-2021, 11:09 AM

Simple question
Maybe no simple answer

Is growing in the single digits percentage-wise better and more desirable than growing in double digits or at the 20-25% range between censuses, assuming we’re talking only about the number of bodies and all other demographics like income, educational attainment, etc., are non factors because they’re proportionate?

Old 10-01-2021, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestondata View Post
I see Facebook posts. Either a high percentage of my conservative friends on FB have actually been vaxxed but still share ani-vax memes and opinions, or they haven’t been vaxxed and don’t intend to get vaxxed.
Don't friends talk to each other? Many people with your views assert being against vaccine mandates is antivax. Or chosing not to get the jab is antivax rather than a risk assessment. Most people won't die from covid.

I note that you didn't respond to the point that I made. It doesn't help your assertion. It seems like the people most likely to influence people on vaccines are pro athletes. Many black athletes have said they don't want it
This includes DeAndre Hopkins who votes your way. He lives in Houston, one of our biggest cities

Saying vaccines don't work unless everybody is vaccinated is like saying your umbrella won't work unless everybody is using one.

It is surprising you want to make cities more dense if you have a low opinion of conservatives. If people in the burbs and rural areas are racist covid super spreaders, you should be a fan of sprawl

Last edited by Vaccinated Masker; 10-01-2021 at 12:35 PM..

Old 10-01-2021, 12:38 PM

I don’t have an assertion. I only shared a story that said rural folks are dying of COVID at twice the rate of urban ones. So the urban COVID stats must be really good if we leave out the poverty- and crime-stricken inner-city neighborhoods you say are full of unvaxxed people.

Old 10-01-2021, 12:56 PM

Rural areas are sparsley populated. Most covid deaths occur in urban areas.

I think the study you linked includes suburban with the urban areas. Most republicans live in suburbs.

Do you believe the poor inner city areas are highly vaccinated and dutifully wear their mask.

Old 10-01-2021, 01:39 PM

1,124 posts, read 926,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaccinated Masker View Post
Rural areas are sparsley populated. Most covid deaths occur in urban areas.

I think the study you linked includes suburban with the urban areas. Most republicans live in suburbs.

Do you believe the poor inner city areas are highly vaccinated and dutifully wear their mask.
Actually, funny thing, they do. I live in a “poor urban inner city area” (north main in Cola) and almost every single person wears a mask. Esp the elderly. And most people I know around here have gotten at least one shot. I think what can be inferred is, people get a false sense of security in rural areas. “Oh I’m not near anyone, so I don’t need to get vaccinated/wear a mask” and that’s how it ends up happening. Whether it’s intentional or not.

Old 10-01-2021, 02:17 PM

Every single last person I know on FB personally, either closely now or from years ago, who has gotten COVID lives in a non urban area. And it’s about to take more than two hands to count them. Every last one. So, while we’re being anecdotal.

Old 10-01-2021, 02:20 PM

Charlestondata,

You recently accused strangers living in the outer suburbs in SC of being racist. You never provided any evidence of this. You describe people as friends that I suspect would not agree.

You also seem to think vaccines prevent the spread of covid.

I don't know anybody who has died from covid and the people I know who got it were fine outside of two with weight issues. One of them is nearly 70.

Last edited by Vaccinated Masker; 10-01-2021 at 02:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina