Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2024, 04:06 PM

12,897 posts, read 18,748,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledmonkey View Post
So 14k people over 13 years? It's not nothing but it's about 15%~ of Berkely county's population increase in that time.
I’m not comparing the two counties, but just saying that one county doesn’t get to count however many were added since 2020 or since 2022 in the part of its county seat that’s in the other county. And that’s something to keep in mind for future population growth numbers, not just in Charleston, but in countless metros. That’s why MSA and urbanized area population numbers are my babies. Counties do have interesting relationships with their municipalities. That’s a topic worthy of its own thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2024, 06:39 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,956,479 times
Kind of surprising to think that by 2030 South Carolina could have 3 Metro's above 1mil, Greenville gets there easily by 2025 even without Spartanburg, Columbia won't hit it unless Sumter completely becomes part of the metro which is rather unlikely tbh, and then there's an outside chance Charleston gets there with just population growth and no extra counties added though it's a long shot. Myrtle Beach will also easily get past 500k and 600k if Georgetown county gets added to it.

Old 04-16-2024, 09:54 AM

As a result of growth and demand, South Carolina has the fourth-highest inflation rate in the nation. Charleston and Greenville are top cities for the most favorable inflow-to-outflow ratios. That assumes fast growth is a good thing.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...s/73302534007/

Old 04-18-2024, 06:41 PM

8,232 posts, read 13,350,173 times
There was conversation about Sumter joining the Columbia CSA... I am sure services like this likely played into it.. I wonder how many people use this service and I believe they are mostly going from Sumter to Columbia and back.

https://www.swrta.com/system-information

Old 04-19-2024, 05:05 AM

The new “Great Migration”
Conservatives moving to South Carolina in droves
Greenville and Spartanburg get special mentions

California transplant in Greenville on decision to relocate: When I walked inside banks or stores or schools, there was always Christian music playing in the background. I felt good. I felt welcomed. I felt like I was in the United States.

I’m definitely going to direct such transplant wannabes to where they’d feel the most welcome, to help the Upstate’s population explode.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cons...ion-2024-4?amp

Old 04-19-2024, 06:11 AM

8,232 posts, read 13,350,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestondata View Post

California transplant in Greenville on decision to relocate: When I walked inside banks or stores or schools, there was always Christian music playing in the background. I felt good. I felt welcomed. I felt like I was in the United States.

I’m definitely going to direct such transplant wannabes to where they’d feel the most welcome, to help the Upstate’s population explode.

Interesting...I have met people that consider themselves "conservative" and those that say they are "liberal" that are moving to SC.. The thing that binds them both together....retirement! Both seem to want a slower pace and lower taxes. I dont know if wanting lower taxes makes someone conservative... or not. But to your point.. when I ask them where they are moving in the State... they seem to divide themselves along various geography...Upstate being those who are more "conservative" and a mixture going to the Rock Hill area, Myrtyle Beach area, and Charleston/Low Country.

Conversely, those who say they are moving to North Carolina...It seems that many "liberals" are moving to the Ashville (mountains) while those who are more "conservative" are moving to the Coast (Wilmington/Outer Banks) Many of the cities and towns along the I-85 corridor balance out the list with a mixture of both.........My very unscientific observation....

Old 04-19-2024, 07:10 AM

I know virtually nothing about artificial intelligence, but I downloaded an app that so far has allowed me to ask questions for free.

Here’s one.

What cities in South Carolina are the most liberal?

Answer: In South Carolina, cities like Charleston, Columbia, and Clemson are generally considered to be more liberal compared to other cities in the state.

Edit: Ha ha , that was my last free question, so it wouldn’t answer which SC cities are the most conservative.

Old 04-19-2024, 07:38 AM

This is fun. I just happened to notice Meta AI on Facebook.

I asked which SC cities are the most conservative and the most liberal.

The most conservative cities in South Carolina include ¹:
1. Clemson (74.6%)
2. Central (74.6%)
3. Easley (74.6%)
4. Seneca (73.0%)
5. Gaffney (71.4%)
6. Anderson (70.3%)
7. Batesburg-Leesville (67.0%)
8. Myrtle Beach (66.1%)
9. North Myrtle Beach (66.1%)
10. Conway (66.1%)

Here are the most liberal cities in South Carolina ¹:
1. Columbia
2. Cayce
3. Irmo
4. Forest Acres
5. Orangeburg
6. Marion
7. Sumter
8. Charleston
9. North Charleston
10. Mount Pleasant
The most conservative city in South Carolina is Central.

Old 04-19-2024, 05:10 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,956,479 times
my guess is the AI just looked at College towns and figured that'd be close enough.

Old 04-19-2024, 06:28 PM

5,490 posts, read 8,319,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestondata View Post

As usual in your posts this comes off as if conservative is bad and liberal is good. Lots of these folks are actually like me. Ethnic Americans who consider themselves family oriented and traditional. I'm not necessarily religious, but I subscribe to what most would say is Christian values. My extended family definitely identifies as Christian. For some folks like myself, our views are the same as they've ever been. But culture is drastically shifting and we haven't. It seems to have moved more left, but we have remained fairly traditional and now are falling right of center. That's not bad too me. I love Greenville as do my family who have relocated here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina