Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 02:48 PM

519 posts, read 604,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
You're using "logic" interchangeably with "reason", two words with different meanings. Logic has more to do with scientific thinking and critical thinking. Reason is opinionated base.

Johnny is asking for logic, you haven't provided anything but "reasons" that are your own. Skeptical thinking is fine, question, seek for the truth but skeptical thinking out of ignorance (lop-sided use of logic/ false logic) is far from seeking the truth of things.
A couple of other words, suspicion and accusation. Though I am suspicious of Miss Ye's performance, I haven't accused her of anything. As such, why am I expected to lay out an argument in hopes of satisfying you or Johnny as though I'm a lawyer in a courtroom? And invariably you're going to believe whatever you want to believe anyway. No, that's not reasonable to me. In addition to what I witnessed with my own eyes, I've provided links to those who supposedly are experts in the field which bolster my beliefs. Another just for posterity's sake: Olympic Doping Scandal Over Chinese Swimmer Grows : Discovery News If someone makes a flat-out accusation, that's a whole different ball of wax as there is some burden of proof there; but simply to have suspicions, doubts? Please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
But unless anyone can come up with physical evidence to prove it, nobody has the right to question her victory.
Actually that pesky First Amendment gives Americans the right to question whatever they see fit

Quote:
Just shut up and accept it.
Oh, I accept her win as it now stands. As far as the shutting up, I think I'll pass on that.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:00 PM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Any dolt can add up pieces of the puzzle and suspect something is going on with Shiwen and the Chinese Swimming program in general, though many of the responses here help explain how the US without much question from it's dolt-like citizens got dragged into two meaningless (and bankrupting) wars and a wild goose chase for Weapons of Mass destruction that didn't exist.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:36 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,225,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
A couple of other words, suspicion and accusation. Though I am suspicious of Miss Ye's performance, I haven't accused her of anything. As such, why am I expected to lay out an argument in hopes of satisfying you or Johnny as though I'm a lawyer in a courtroom? And invariably you're going to believe whatever you want to believe anyway. No, that's not reasonable to me. In addition to what I witnessed with my own eyes, I've provided links to those who supposedly are experts in the field which bolster my beliefs. Another just for posterity's sake: Olympic Doping Scandal Over Chinese Swimmer Grows : Discovery News If someone makes a flat-out accusation, that's a whole different ball of wax as there is some burden of proof there; but simply to have suspicions, doubts? Please.
I see, you skirt the issue I presented.

Quote:
You can try to spin things whatever way makes you feel good, but it's faulty logic. Who says that those are the only suspicions or accusations against Phelps & Bolt? Just because I have zero desire to scour the internet to continue disproving your claims doesn't mean there aren't more out there. Considering Conte's BALCO infamy and Dr. Chen's shameful association with the Chinese national teams of the 80s and 90s (Chinese Olympians subjected to routine doping), they may (or may not) have more insight into such matters than the average layperson frequenting these forums.

My logic is my own, it doesn't require your approval or acknowledgement. I'm suspicious because I'm allowed to be just as you're allowed to be Miss Ye's 'white knight'. I don't know how much simpler I can make it for you. As far as why there isn't suspicion about everyone who breaks a world record, who's to say there's not? I don't know. In either case, I can't answer that. However, if there's an athlete's performance that you think may be questionable, feel free to speak on it.
Logic is something that goes right over your head. You can have your opinion but when you start to say that you use logic and others use faulty logic, yes, something more substantial is called for other than 'your reasoning'. Are the two words so hard to grasp?

And by the way, the article says nothing of substance, just more opinions -- gossip!

Last edited by BVitamin; 08-01-2012 at 03:47 PM..

Old 08-01-2012, 07:38 PM

Nah, not skirting anything. I just choose not to let you frame the issue as you'd like. I see no reason to play that game.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:02 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,866,342 times
Quote:
Actually that pesky First Amendment gives Americans the right to question whatever they see fit
Morally speaking it is superceded by someone's right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty. Only a despot will think otherwise and that would be more un-American.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:48 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,728,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
Morally speaking it is superceded by someone's right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty. Only a despot will think otherwise and that would be more un-American.
Good point.

Shame on the sour American media. They should apologize for their unsubstantiated and biased accusations.
Of course they won't. They still count on the possibility something will be found out in 8 years, I guess.

Sometimes the gigantic American propaganda machine, which can't control its hostility against countries with different political systems even for a minute on non-political issues, is even more pathetic than China's state owned media.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:12 AM

5,462 posts, read 8,182,393 times

Chinese swimmer Ye Shiwen Busts World Record at 2012 Olympics: doping suspected - YouTube

Old 08-02-2012, 01:40 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,225,450 times
Quote:
Nah, not skirting anything. I just choose not to let you frame the issue as you'd like. I see no reason to play that game.
Yeah, I "framed" the issue by going back in time and created these words so that I can come back here on this forum to "frame" you.

OR, could it be that you used the words incorrectly? SHOCKER!

Old 08-02-2012, 02:20 PM

Anything that I've said, i stand by it. I don't owe you any explanations or clarifications so please get over yourself. I'm also not going to play silly word games with you that have previous little to do with the OP's point. So long as that's your objective, feel free to find someone else to play those games with.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Evan702; 08-02-2012 at 02:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports