Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 06:25 PM

1,887 posts, read 1,443,641 times

Advertisements

Which team or cities you feel have the worst fanbases in sports? It can be whatever reason (i.e. annoying, obnoxious, arrogant, etc). There are certain fanbases that I think are horrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 06:44 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,244,032 times
I will just say the city that ONCE FIT TO A -- T . But not saying nearly as bad as it was, was Philly. Again a decade or couple especially. Just won't commit to it as such today.

Back in a day though.... you better not have a opposing teams colors on even your car. Parked at the stadium (forget tires left on ) especially or driving through some neighborhood's.

Old 01-20-2018, 06:44 AM

76 posts, read 169,186 times
My vote goes to NE Patriots fans. Now, don’t get me wrong, they have every right to gloat on social media. But, this is a very big BUT, they are the first to jump into threads on other team pages, and even other fans pages, to tell these teams/fans they suck. I’ve seen it many times, including on both the Packers and Vikings Facebook pages this year. Hello, those two teams are playing each other, with no concerns for the Patriots. Yet here come multiple “fans” saying both the Vikings and Packers sucks. I’ve never seen fans from other teams in any sport act like this! So, there is my vote for worst fan base

Old 01-20-2018, 10:07 AM

272 posts, read 184,274 times
Oakland Philly and NY

Old 01-22-2018, 12:29 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Notre Dame, what they put that hunchback fella through is reprehensible

Old 01-27-2018, 06:49 PM

1,962 posts, read 1,818,378 times
New England patriots, hands down. Pretty much all Boston teams.

Old 01-28-2018, 08:25 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Chicago Bears- To hear Bears fans talk you would think their franchise has the resume of the Steelers or the Patriots. If they have even a decent team they are insufferable.

Philadelphia fans-Eagles fans are a disgrace to humanity. Phillies fans are absolutely insufferable. Flyers fans are okay though. Don't follow basketball enough to opine on Sixers fans.

Georgia Bulldogs- The Bears fans of college football. A good UGA team gets that fan base as insufferable as Alabama fans can be with none of the success to back it up.

Seattle Seahawks- Front running bandwagon fan base that was probably the most arrogant and insufferable fan base in sports for about 4 years. You would have thought they were the Patriots to hear them talk. They are a lot more quiet these days.

Notice I don't mention Alabama or the Patriots. I don't mind arrogant fans if that arrogance is warranted.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:13 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
Chicago Bears- To hear Bears fans talk you would think their franchise has the resume of the Steelers or the Patriots. If they have even a decent team they are insufferable.

Philadelphia fans-Eagles fans are a disgrace to humanity. Phillies fans are absolutely insufferable. Flyers fans are okay though. Don't follow basketball enough to opine on Sixers fans.

Georgia Bulldogs- The Bears fans of college football. A good UGA team gets that fan base as insufferable as Alabama fans can be with none of the success to back it up.

Seattle Seahawks- Front running bandwagon fan base that was probably the most arrogant and insufferable fan base in sports for about 4 years. You would have thought they were the Patriots to hear them talk. They are a lot more quiet these days.

Notice I don't mention Alabama or the Patriots. I don't mind arrogant fans if that arrogance is warranted.
pretty much nailed it

Old 01-30-2018, 05:59 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
The list still starts and ends with Philly Fan. I went to the Vet as a Redskins fan, it sucked. Sure there are bad fans with every team but the Eagles fans have a much higher percentage of guys just looking for a fight. Story after story from hotel employees who confirmed when the Eagles came to town there was more trouble.

I have heard it has gotten better but it's still very much a problem.

Old 02-05-2018, 05:44 AM

27,217 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Average Philly fan = Troglodyte. Name another NFL city where they have to grease down the light poles to prevent said cretins from climbing them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports