Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 11:15 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,393,373 times

Advertisements

I never understood why a lot of people these days hate ESPN. I don't mind it, I have no problem with ESPN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2017, 08:29 AM

1,424 posts, read 1,282,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
I never understood why a lot of people these days hate ESPN. I don't mind it, I have no problem with ESPN.
They laid off most of their good on air talent ($$$) and the rest are mediocre.

Old 09-16-2017, 09:26 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
They are losing subscribers as people no longer want to pay the exorbitant rates.

Old 09-16-2017, 10:44 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
No hate here.

Just not fond of what they've morphed into over the years.

Old 09-16-2017, 12:21 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Me not watching their channel has nothing to do w/ the current controversy regarding The White Supremacist calling for the firing of an American journalist for her practicing her First Amendment Rights.

Old 09-16-2017, 12:31 PM

5,457 posts, read 6,049,852 times
Too much politics not enough sports.
In fact, that goes for sports in general not just ESPN.

I just want to know the scores and the highlight plays, not who sits down, kneels down, lays down or stands up.

In fact, why play the national anthem before sporting events at all?

Did Doolittle play the national anthem before the bombing raid over Tokyo?

Did Custer play the national anthem before Little Bighorn?

Did the Seals play the national anthem before they raided Bin Laden's HQ?

Did Seals play the national anthem before he introduced Crofts??? Oops, took it one too far!

Old 09-16-2017, 01:29 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,393,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post

I just want to know the scores and the highlight plays, not who sits down, kneels down, lays down or stands up.
Agree with you on that. I'm not interested on who sits, stands, or kneels during the National Anthem. I am only interested on scores and highlights.

Old 09-16-2017, 01:52 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Me not watching their channel has nothing to do w/ the current controversy regarding The White Supremacist calling for the firing of an American journalist for her practicing her First Amendment Rights.
trump demanded an apology. as for ms hill being fired, that is up to the network itself, but they have fired commentators in the past for saying things less outrageous and vile. they have set the precedent, and yet they fail to follow it. one reason they are being sued by a former commentator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post

this i agree with. if ESPN wants to do news other than sports, they should publicly change their programming, and their name, and eliminate sports from their line up.

Old 09-16-2017, 02:12 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,732,691 times
I know that I switched off the Chargers Broncos game way early because I couldn't stand the play-by-play. Worst announcer (Mowins) I've ever heard call a football game.

Old 09-16-2017, 02:52 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,726,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
No hate here.

Just not fond of what they've morphed into over the years.
Have to agree there. Years ago Sportscenter was "must see" tv. Now it is just the "What did Lebron do last night" network.

The bigger thing though is that they thought they could survive on brand recognition alone. They failed to realize in the digital age people dont need them. If they had a decent product people would still watch them. Lately they dont have that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports