Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 10:37 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
The OP should listen to these words of wisdom from a poster with a high reputation ranking.

Moreover, moving up north would put the OP closer to real lakes, and far from Missouri reservoirs.
Is that what them mud puddles is called?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 10:41 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,200,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post

Yup, if you need a dam to hold the water in, it would be called a reservoir.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:08 PM

48 posts, read 116,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Try Des Moines, Omaha, or Minneapolis instead. Much lower unemployment rate in those cities.
From a person who currently lives in Omaha, don't even dream of it. I don't care what the numbers say, I've been unemployed since last November, and my husband has been looking for a job for months. It's not good here, either. Plus, the crime rate in Omaha is wicked scary these days. That's why we are getting outta here once we are both done with school.

Bec

Old 09-11-2010, 07:36 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,407,717 times
I was talking with a Lady at the Missouri Unemployment Office yesterday she told me all her Job is anymore is to keep people thinking positive but for the hard truth its Bad and she looks for it to get much Worse.

brushrunner

Old 09-11-2010, 12:56 PM

158 posts, read 376,525 times
C'mon guys and gals, how about a little optimism? I just checked Indeed.Com and they have 2,761 jobs listed in the 65804 zip code. Monster.com shows 276 jobs. Localjobboard.com shows 40 jobs. Simplyhired.com shows 2,810 jobs in the Springfield area. Penmac has jobs posted. Expedia is hiring. TeleTech is hiring.

My point is that there are jobs. Repeating the negative comments isn't helping.

I encourage anyone that is not happy with the current jobs situation to start a business, create lots of great-paying jobs, and hire all your friends, neighbors, relatives, etc.!!!

Old 09-12-2010, 07:57 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,407,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfTheOzarks View Post
C'mon guys and gals, how about a little optimism? I just checked Indeed.Com and they have 2,761 jobs listed in the 65804 zip code. Monster.com shows 276 jobs. Localjobboard.com shows 40 jobs. Simplyhired.com shows 2,810 jobs in the Springfield area. Penmac has jobs posted. Expedia is hiring. TeleTech is hiring.

My point is that there are jobs. Repeating the negative comments isn't helping.

I encourage anyone that is not happy with the current jobs situation to start a business, create lots of great-paying jobs, and hire all your friends, neighbors, relatives, etc.!!!
Yea most are not qualified for these Jobs.As far as starting their own business every Tom,Dick and Hairy is doing this and cutting each other Throat to where their working their tail off not making anything and it is going to get to the point to where people are not going to be able to afford Sevices and start doing it theirselves.

Penmac and Manpower has not really hired for over a year you go in there or call they tell you they have nothing!!!

brushrunner

Old 09-12-2010, 04:43 PM

45 posts, read 79,822 times
Some jobs want a college degree but not care what in. I had a supervisor in a machining factory who's degee was in animal husbandry. Everyone with children knows they have to go to college or they wont make it at all. As for living here beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:50 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
IBM is hiring in Columbia, MO. They expect to fill some 800 jobs.

IBM Columbia, MO - Integrated Technology Delivery Opportunities

Old 09-17-2010, 06:25 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,492,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2lucky View Post
From a person who currently lives in Omaha, don't even dream of it. I don't care what the numbers say, I've been unemployed since last November, and my husband has been looking for a job for months. It's not good here, either. Plus, the crime rate in Omaha is wicked scary these days. That's why we are getting outta here once we are both done with school.

Bec
"Wicked scary?" You from Boston??

Old 09-17-2010, 06:31 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,384,472 times
Wink Reservoir...schmeservoir...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Does this mean I need to change my screen name???

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area