Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 05:09 PM

73,030 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolillo_loco View Post
Having read through this entire thread, I see that reason just doesn't work for some people.

I do not care what black people think or feel. I feel the same way about men, women, and children. It doesn't matter to me what the white, Hispanic, or whatever color and culture anybody can think of thinks or feels about superficial topics. It's their problem. If a proprietor of a business decides to hang a sign outside that clearly states, "No black allowed," "No Whites," or "Hispanics Only," as well as any other form of discrimination based on age, religion, personal habits and the like, I say good for them. It's their business, so let them do it. It's a place I personally wouldn't care to go or support with my purchases, however, I feel it's their right regardless of who takes offense.

This country has turned into nothing but whiners. "Oh, that offends me..." Yea well, the politically correct crowd offends me to no end! It creates problems where none would normally exist. I swear to god that it seems like all of this politically correct mania is nothing more than a ploy by the powers that be to keep us all separated, segregated, and fighting among ourselves so that we do not unit together.

I personally have been tired of school districts making arbitrary rules with no clear definition. They're state funded, and all people's rights should be honored, so if somebody takes offense to what somebody else is wearing, that's their problem, and they should be told to harden up or that it's the other person's right to do that. Moreover, the powers that be keep rewriting history to suit whatever way the wind's blowing at the time. As a previous poster has pointed out, it's nothing more than totalitarianism dressed up in the less pejorative politically correct colors...

If we were discussing private schools that didn't accept funds from the government, it would be a different story all together, but since it's a public school, The Constitution should apply to all people equally.
Well, I'm not you. I do care, because I don't want a return to those bad old days. I wasn't born in those days. If I see a place that has a sign that says "no Blacks allowed", I am going to sue. Do you know why? People in my grandparents generation formed picket lines and protested to end such discriminatory practices. I don't care if it is "their" business. I really don't.

So I'm considered a "whiner". Ok then. I still stand by how I feel about certain things. The powers that be were keeping us segregated and separated long before the Civil Rights movement began. This nation has never been united and free for all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area