Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 09:40 AM

879 posts, read 2,878,335 times

Advertisements

Good pic's "guys"....(crap? que es crap?....nothing I take much of..)
I echo the sentiment by all...a wonderful OTFCC and a great day to cruise the lake for a bit on LJ's boat. Not only gutsy with good credit, but also very generous.

Now...what about the July coffee meet? And a pizza night...any suggestions on the "where"....Nixa? Ozark? Springfield?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 11:20 AM

1,640 posts, read 3,653,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post

Now...what about the July coffee meet? And a pizza night...any suggestions on the "where"....Nixa? Ozark? Springfield?
Hey, MrsC! There was some talk of our next meeting being in Ozark (besides being so centrally located, it would also allow L J to stay longer) and I just learned of a potential site. While Boof and I were wine and cheese sampling at Heather Hill Farms (HHF) later that afternoon, the wine tasting man told us that there was a new restaurant right across the street (from HHF & Lambert's Cafe) that had delicious pizza! So, Boof & I headed over there to check it out. We picked up menus and looked around to see if they could accommodate us, which they can.

It's called Angeli and their prices look great. Their website is Angeli Restaurant and you will be able to see their menu and pictures of what it looks like inside, not to mention get directions and more. We didn't eat there so I can't tell you if it is any good so we may want to go somewhere else this month, if we want to be sure of the flavor. I'm just throwing it out as an idea without wanting anyone to feel pressure.

If I remember correctly, we talked about having this as a pizza night so more men could come and we talked about possibly having it on a Tuesday. The restaurant said that wasn't a particularly busy night but I just noticed that Kids Eat Free on Tuesdays and that might change the dynamic for us...kwim? I would also like to discuss if we have any men who are interested in coming and if so, if Tuesday is a good night for them and for the majority of others. Also, what time would be a good time for everyone to be able to get off work and get there.

Whew! We've got our work cut out for us! Let's get started!

Old 06-22-2008, 11:35 AM

791 posts, read 1,819,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
Good pic's "guys"....(crap? que es crap?....nothing I take much of..)
I echo the sentiment by all...a wonderful OTFCC and a great day to cruise the lake for a bit on LJ's boat. Not only gutsy with good credit, but also very generous.

Glad to hear you had a good time, MrsC. It was wonderful having you there....as always. Like I said before, it just wouldn't be the same without you there. And yes, it was extremely generous of LJ to take us for a jaunt on her boat. I didn't expect it, and what a great idea it turned out to be.

Before MrsG dropped me off at my car, we scouted out a pizza place right there in Ozark, right off the freeway. It's directly across from Lambert's, so it'd be super easy to find. It's called 'Angeli'. The girl there said they could accomodate our party, and all we'd need to do is call the morning of so they could set up the tables. The atmosphere there was nice and open. Not too cluttered or 'busy'. The only drawback is that we didn't see or ask about a banquet room, and if we went there, we'd be right in the mix of things. I don't know if that'd be a problem or not, but I thought I'd bring it up in case anyone preferred more a more private/quiet setting.

The menu offers a wide variety of dishes, besides pizza, so everyone should find something to their liking.

Personally, I think it's about time we had another evening gathering. We has such a good time at the last one. The only way I'm limited, is that it has to be on a Tues or Weds, as I work nights the rest of the week.

Well, those are my thoughts for now. As usual, we need to hear ideas from others so we can find something that'll work for everyone. As far as location, Ozark, So. Springfield, etc...works well for us.

Hope everyone is doing well,
Boof

Old 06-22-2008, 11:38 AM

MrsG, it looks like you & I were writing at the same time and didn't know it. hehehehe

Old 06-22-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boof View Post
MrsG, it looks like you & I were writing at the same time and didn't know it. hehehehe
Hmmm...what's that saying about "great minds"??? Hahaha!
Yep, and if you're like me, you can get called away several times while writing a post so who knows when you started it?!
At least we were "on the same page", huh?

Old 06-23-2008, 11:41 AM

Red face A little late, but from the heart....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
Just wanted all our CD friends to know that on May 10th, Mr. C was doing some rototilling and had a massive heart attack...and was gone.

It's been a really tough couple of weeks but Mrs. Chilicook wanted to let everyone in the Over The Fence Coffee Club know that she's ok. Many of you met Ed at the coffee clubs in months past...he was an awesome man and will be sorely missed.

((((((((((((((Dearest MrsC)))))))))))))),

It is with the utmost sincerity & heartfelt sorrow that I offer my condolenses to you & your family at this unbelievably difficult time. I'm sorry that you're heart is broken. I was one of the lucky ones that got to meet Ed on several occasions, and it was a great honor to know him. He was an incredible man, with a wonderful presence. Listening to him as he shared the experiences of his life was especially enjoyable, because he spoke so eloquently.

He also had a wonderfully kind spirit about him, and smile or no smile...he couldn't hide it. My prayers are with you, and I only hope that your sorrow & pain are soon replaced with the warmth & comfort of the memories of your years together. God be with you & keep you always, my dear, dear friend!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
....As it turns out, my mother has left this world, too. I am grateful to say that I was with her as she passed and somehow, it seems to be helping me transition to a world without her in it. As you said about Ed, I know I'll see her again in Heaven someday and it'll be a grand reunion when we do!

((((((((((((((MrsG)))))))))))))),

I am so sorry to hear the news about your sweet, kind Mom. It's never easy losing a parent, and unfortunately, I'm at a loss for words to put it better than that. We never seem to lose the need for our Moms, and when they're gone, they leave a huge void in our hearts & lives. I pray that the Lord will take your Mom to dwell in his house forever, and that her spirit will continue to brighten your life. As you say....you WILL reunite with her, and it WILL be a Grand reunion! Praise The Lord!!! My sincerest condolenses go out to you, MrG and your family.

To both of you, I'm glad I got to see you at the last OTFCC gathering. It'd been too long, and it did my heart good to see my dear friends again. Hopefully we'll meet again next month!

Warmest Regards,
Boof

Old 06-23-2008, 03:48 PM

23 posts, read 86,393 times
Just back from vacation and seeing that some might be up for pizza night in Springfield. I would be interested in that and might be able to get my hubby to tag along. We have not met any of you but you look (and sound) like a fun group. I could suggest Arris Pizza on Republic Road or Mr Salty's (there are 2 locations). Anyone have a night or time that is best?

Thanks Darlynn and Mrs G for the messages.
Monana

Old 06-23-2008, 05:53 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,564,915 times
Smile Our turn is coming

You gals know how to hurt us'uns that are outside the Ozark Gates
All that beautiful water and boat rides on that water? Well now. And to top it off here comes the pizza Come January when it cools off a bit we (I and my BH) are coming to town. My winter wonderland photos of Table Rock Lake were destroyed during hurricane Charlie. So that's is as good excuse as any for a prospecting visit Just maybe my BH will pay a visit with the ladies. I'll be either on Taneycomo or Table Rock most likely but she can fill me in And then maybe will will break a wing and have to stay

A special thanks for all the charming ladies that keep up the good work on this forum. Maybe the CoC should include ya'll on their payroll

Old 06-24-2008, 08:09 PM

77 posts, read 197,765 times
Default Hey Kids!

Just checking in with the cyber family; sorry to see some family members have been lost.
Didn't get to meet Ed, but enjoyed time spent talking with MrsG' s mom.
Thoughts and Prayers are with you all.
LeftCoastEscapee - aka Wesley

Last edited by leftcoastescapee; 06-24-2008 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: just because

Old 06-24-2008, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monana View Post
Just back from vacation and seeing that some might be up for pizza night in Springfield. I would be interested in that and might be able to get my hubby to tag along. We have not met any of you but you look (and sound) like a fun group. I could suggest Arris Pizza on Republic Road or Mr Salty's (there are 2 locations). Anyone have a night or time that is best?

Thanks Darlynn and Mrs G for the messages.
Monana
Whoohoo! That'd be great, Monana! We did McSalty's last time and we could do it again but we usually try to change it up some. But who knows? It WAS good. I haven't ever been to Arris Pizza. You must like it or you wouldn't have suggested it, right? We are planning this night specifically to make opportunity for the men to join us so I do hope Mr. Monana will join us, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
You gals know how to hurt us'uns that are outside the Ozark Gates
All that beautiful water and boat rides on that water? Well now. And to top it off here comes the pizza Come January when it cools off a bit we (I and my BH) are coming to town. My winter wonderland photos of Table Rock Lake were destroyed during hurricane Charlie. So that's is as good excuse as any for a prospecting visit Just maybe my BH will pay a visit with the ladies. I'll be either on Taneycomo or Table Rock most likely but she can fill me in And then maybe will will break a wing and have to stay

A special thanks for all the charming ladies that keep up the good work on this forum. Maybe the CoC should include ya'll on their payroll
Thanks, Nomadicus! I'm sure there are some people "upstairs" who are bustin' a gut right now over the idea of adding US to the payroll!

You two just be sure to let us know when you'll be comin' and we'll plan somethin' around your visit, okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastescapee View Post
Just checking in with the cyber family; sorry to see some family members have been lost.
Didn't get to meet Ed, but enjoyed time spent talking with MrsG' s mom.
Thoughts and Prayers are with you all.
LeftCoastEscapee - aka Wesley
Leftcoastescapee!!! How wonderful to see you here! Awww, thanks for your kind words. She thought you and your family were wonderful and I appreciate your remembering her. I miss her and am so glad she had a chance to meet our OTFCC gang.

So, have I just not seen you around or have you been gone? Please give us an update on you and your family!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area