Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 03:04 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadyteddy View Post
Since I am anonymous, I can say there is only ONE Dentist in the area that I would ever go to. His name is Dr. Nick Yiannios. He has his own office close to Big Cedar Lodge, on Hwy 86, a small staff, and he takes a lot of time with me, and explains everything in detail. I promise you this, you will love him.
Let me know if you make an appointment.

I have his web site: www.1VisitDDS.com
I like Dr. Nick, too...one of the two best dentists I've ever had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 10:19 AM

46 posts, read 121,920 times
Interesting topic....cannot find a dentist. Well, most folks do not consult with a dentist before having an actual appt (AKA examination). I think that is why the receptionist was not understanding you....

Old 03-13-2010, 02:12 PM

6 posts, read 9,502 times
Consider this: the typical patient calls a Dentist because they are having a problem or they need a cleaning. So, the office staff are accustom to hearing "a piece of my tooth broke off and I need an appointment." Even though the exam from Dr. Yiannios encompasses a treatment plan through the consultation process, most clients do not even consider that part of the appointment time as a "consultation" even though that is happening. So, forgive the office staff, make the appointment, and tell the girl who answers that you would like to see Dr. Yiannios for an exam. Or, ask to speak to the office manager; she will definitely understand what you're looking for.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:51 PM

879 posts, read 2,879,193 times
Default DDS vs MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Well, I called his office. It was a strange experience. First of all, why is it when you ask what the "consultation fee" is, nobody knows what you are talking about?

The ditsy receptionist answers the phone and I say.... "I'd like to make an appointment to have a consultation with the doctor". To which she replies....Well, um.....we can do an examination for you...is that what you are wanting?

No, not an examination. A CONSULTATION. I want to sit down and talk to the doctor and make certain we are on the same page about how he does things.

"what do you mean?" She asks.....

"I mean - his treatment philosophy. How he handles issues, what kind of treatments he offers, etc., that kind of thing".

"Well, we would always tell you what we are going to do to you. We woudn't just go in there and do things without telling you were going to do it first".

Tell me?

This continues to be the ongoing problem. I don't want someone to TELL ME WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO TO ME. I want someone who I can sit down with and discuss, in DETAIL my options regarding treatment. I want to find out what they think first, and then we can DISCUSS a treatment plan.

Why is it so difficult to find someone who doesn't treat you like you are five years old? *sigh* And why has no one ever heard the word Consultation before?

I am afraid the search continues...

20yrsinBranson
I think "consultations" are more common with medical doctors. You probably need to make an appointment for an exam and then talk to the dentist once you get there. They can't very well discuss a treatment plan if they haven't looked in your mouth. What would make one believe that there was any "treatment" needed?

I go to Dr. Barnett in Ozark (I love him) and on the first he actually asks for your philosophy on your teeth...if they find something, he gives options for the "fix" and the finances. He gave me options for any medications/drugs, etc. I've always felt like he was open to discussion of anything....even my dislike of that cavetron (sp?). If your chosen dentist doesn't, then ask. To be honest, I've only heard of dental consultations when dentures are involved.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:06 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
I go to Dr. Barnett in Ozark (I love him) and on the first he actually asks for your philosophy on your teeth...if they find something, he gives options for the "fix" and the finances. He gave me options for any medications/drugs, etc. I've always felt like he was open to discussion of anything....even my dislike of that cavetron (sp?). If your chosen dentist doesn't, then ask. To be honest, I've only heard of dental consultations when dentures are involved.
I will give him a call. He sounds like someone that I might be on the same page with.

Basically, I am not into big, drastic procedures even though my teeth need a lot of work. I am looking for the least invasive methods and philosophies. I so wish there was a holistic dentist around these parts, but the closest one is in St. Louis and with the amount of work that I need to have done, that is just too far to drive all the time.

I'll give Dr. Barnett a ring up and see what he has to say.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area