Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2012, 11:08 AM

8 posts, read 22,922 times

Advertisements

Hi -

I recently moved to St. Louis - I live in University City and I love it. My mother is considering relocating to be closer to me and her grandchildren. She currently lives in a small town in the south, so moving to a larger city will be somewhat of a shock to her.

Her budget is maximum $150,000 for a house. She would prefer a newer house on a small lot and low property taxes. She wants a yard because she has two dogs and gardening is a hobby of hers. She needs to have grocery, doctors, etc nearby because she does not drive on the interstate. It goes without saying that the neighborhood should also be safe for an older woman living alone.

Where should I start looking? I want her to be close to us in case she needs anything. I have tried to convince her to look at houses closer to the city, but she does not want to live in an older home. Are there any neighborhoods with new houses near U-City? She is afraid of the upkeep on an older home as she is on a fixed income.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis