Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think is most true? (pick more than one)
The officer did not commit murder, he was in imminent danger. 84 62.69%
Police are guilty of murder and we have the RIGHT to be in the streets! 12 8.96%
In light of the volitility, a curfew is understandable. 47 35.07%
Police should wear body cameras at all times. 74 55.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 06:30 PM

592 posts, read 802,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
Wouldn't the parents of the raped children be looting to show their anger towards the crooked judicial system for allowing a child rapist to go free?
Or were there mostly college students who thought Paterno should stay? hmmm....Maybe those people rioting and looting felt like justice wasn't served and they felt the pain of those parents... I don't know for sure, I wasn't there.

What I do know is that they were rioting and looting....It's the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 06:34 PM

854 posts, read 1,141,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
Or were there mostly college students who thought Paterno should stay? hmmm....Maybe those people rioting and looting felt like justice wasn't served and they felt the pain of those parents... I don't know for sure, I wasn't there.

What I do know is that they were rioting and looting....It's the same thing.
I'm not going to entertain this any further, it's clearly of topic and doesn't have any relevance in the matter at hand.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
I included Trayvon Martin for that exact purpose. Zimmerman isn't even a cop, yet he ignored instructions from emergency services and approached the kid, causing a confrontation.....and yes, he got away with it. So, if any citizen can get away with it, then you better believe a cop can.

And you say you only agree with the Amadou Diallo case??? So you're saying that the NYPD was justified for shooting more than 50 rounds into a car with unarmed men and killing the groom, the night before his wedding?? You can't be serious.

What you fail to realize is that I've dealt with the Ferguson PD directly and it is finally coming to light how they operate as a police department. ... I have a family member who lost his life at the hands of this Police department, unfortunately my family didn't have social media to help get the word out and put pressure on McCollough that it should be investigated.... My aunt has been fighting for 14 years to get the whole story! I've also included an example of another experience with this department in my original post(yet you made no mention of that).

The reason why people are protesting is because we KNOW there is corruption here!! There's a pattern to these stories that go over most people's heads (Every unarmed suspect went for the officer's gun is the automatic defense in every case). We do not and can not trust the authorities here. Maybe you will understand when the police state decides that it will be ok to start killing unarmed white kids who steal and show little respect to 'authority'......until then, we can agree to disagree. Peace
No, none of these shootings are justified along with thousands more unreported incidents. Do I think most of them have racial motivation behind them, YES!!! I also think that eventually the motivation for pulling people over will no longer be assumption of guilt based on race but political or social affiliations or lack of support of the system regardless how corrupt it becomes.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:48 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,387,014 times
This professor is full of race baiting nonsense. There were multi-family dwellings built in the county the same time single family homes were being built. Oh, and the large lots "to exclude lower income residents"?? Can he back that one up?

Old 08-18-2014, 06:55 PM

592 posts, read 802,833 times
Quote:
Ok I apologize, he was shot six times at point blank range for so called "bum rushing". He was supposed to subdue the unarmed, UNARMED, assailant with non lethal force. In my opinion. If he at all felt threatened he should have called for assistance. I also draw this opinion from the reaction of the Ferguson Police Department and how they reacted. Seems like excessive force is part of their training program judging from their attire and attitudes. I think the officer made a mistake and he will have to live with it forever. Not saying he didn't have the right to defend himself to a certain degree, but you can't go around shooting unarmed teenagers because you think they are bum rushing you. The officer in question clearly did not have the proper training to handle the situation, unfortunately a death of another human being is the result. I hold the Ferguson Police Department officers in command responsible for this tradgedy, due to either poorly trained officers or a policy of shoot first if at all threatened, which appears may be the case.
This is a great point. I think the training may be lacking.... There's a couple things I just don't understand though. If you know there are two 'suspects' in the street who you just told to get on the sidewalk and they didn't comply, why go in reverse to position your vehicle to get closer to them without calling any backup? He put himself in a terrible position right there.....He put himself in danger and escalated the situation. The department could've put out a statement on his behalf on the day this happened to at least alleviate some of the anxiety surrounding the details. They have done a terrible job handling this entire situation and that's even more reason why people have no faith in them doing the right thing and admitting their mistakes.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
What?

Are you one of these racists who don't know the difference between looters and protesters in Ferguson?

I can't believe the thought process.
To some people out there Black person on the street = hardened criminal

Old 08-18-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vols44 View Post
+1

The 175th Military Police Battalion is in day five of their ten day exercise at Ft. Leonard Wood, MO. It's part of each National Guard unit's two week annual training. It's widely expected their training will be modified to prepare for operations in and around Ferguson to assist the unified command under the guidance or Missouri Highway Patrol (MHP) Cpt. Ron Johnson.

The battalion consists of four companies from various cities in Missouri. Executive order 14-09 allows the Adjutant General (commander of the state National Guard) to mobilize and support civilian authorities. The Superintendent of the MHP is given authority to take traffic measures necessary to maintain peace and order.

Linky: https://governor.mo.gov/sites/defaul...er%2014-09.pdf
Oh wonderful more Storm Troopers to diffuse the situation, gotta love America where to stop violence you bring in the most violent people of all.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:03 PM

455 posts, read 771,942 times
Quote:
Lucky for us this is just a test of the national emergency storm trooper system. This was only a test. In the event of government tyranny you will not be warned.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GO1SKC6dK7o

Seriously these cops are out of control in this country and it will only get worse. I see not much has changed in fifty years. The fact of the matter is that police do racial profile innocent people and people driving certain vehicles, that's a fact. This is just one event where the police have used unlawful methods to control rightful protests in the name of order. You can't have order without true justice. The justice system has failed so many people in this country of every creed or color but it has been drastically worse for African Americans. I don't blame them for rioting one bit because peaceful protest that Dr. King was so adamant about in his teachings has not drawn enough attention. The whole system is corrupt and will continue to get worse. Pretty soon you won't be able to speak out against political decisions and your own children will be owned by the state, it's coming folks. Of course they still want you to believe there is a differnce between republican and democrat and black and white. It's all a scam, a con of the ages, the semblance of liberty. Nothing more than economic slavery.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RADmopMBHtA

Totally disagree with your post. The people of Ferguson say they want justice, no? What does looting stores, throwing Molotov cocktails at cop cars, destroying business and ruining peoples livelihood have to do with getting justice -absolutely zero. Mike Brown the so-called "good kid" was really just another thief and imposing violent thug. The evidence points to young Mike making stupid decisions that afternoon that unfortunately led to his death. If this crime happened in Chicago or Detroit, where the black-on-black homicides are off the charts and the cop was AA, it would have likely been buried on the back page of the local news paper the very next morning.

The scam is Sharpton and Jackson - they are two of the most successful Black scammers on the planet. The bottom line is that black-on-black crime is the worst in the entire country, especially in Detroit and Chicago but Sharpton and Jackson never go on national television to discuss these problems because there's not enough $$$ for those two frauds to be made off of black on black crime -- especially in prime time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbt1766 View Post
I'm white and I've had that happen to me more than once.
I'm white and it happens to me too, but it happens to black men everywhere and constantly. They are also harassed more when actually pulled over.

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
I lived there. The term "white flight" is not totally reflective of what happens. Many of the white families aged out of their homes. They bought them in the 1950s or 1960s. Kids grew up and went where the jobs were. Homeowners downsized or went into nursing homes or moved in with kids. Houses came on the market and the racial makeup changed. Census data needs to be more closely examined rather than just counting racial makeup. There are also maybe twice as many apartments there now than thirty years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis