Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think is most true? (pick more than one)
The officer did not commit murder, he was in imminent danger. 84 62.69%
Police are guilty of murder and we have the RIGHT to be in the streets! 12 8.96%
In light of the volitility, a curfew is understandable. 47 35.07%
Police should wear body cameras at all times. 74 55.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 08:54 PM

854 posts, read 1,140,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn10am View Post
It is relevant. Everything is relevant. Brown's knowledge that he was wanted for robbery makes it more likely that he would react violently to police apprehension. Innocent, peaceful people who are asked to not walk in the street by cops will normally comply without incident.
This whole robbery thing is an attempt to destroy Brown's character, implicating him in a crime to make it seem ok that he was unlawfully shot to death. People who are repeatedly harassed by law enforcement do not react the same way as your everyday white lady in a rich neighborhood of St.Louis. So what people are saying is Brown was a known criminal and deserved to die, even though his crime would have only amounted to maybe a few years in prison, probably less with good behavior. I'm sorry but this sort of thing only happens when the cops shoot someone intentionally and try to cover it up and make it look like there was a struggle. They only drag up the last bad thing about this young mans life to make it seem like there was no hope for him and he could have never had a productive life. Perhaps he had done some good within his community or he could have in the future, never judge a man on his worst day! We have all been there. I am honestly sick of this **** and can't believe some of the comments about this clearly mishandled situation and ridiculous behavior of the media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 09:03 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,308,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
This whole robbery thing is an attempt to destroy Brown's character, implicating him in a crime to make it seem ok that he was unlawfully shot to death. People who are repeatedly harassed by law enforcement do not react the same way as your everyday white lady in a rich neighborhood of St.Louis. So what people are saying is Brown was a known criminal and deserved to die, even though his crime would have only amounted to maybe a few years in prison, probably less with good behavior. I'm sorry but this sort of thing only happens when the cops shoot someone intentionally and try to cover it up and make it look like there was a struggle. They only drag up the last bad thing about this young mans life to make it seem like there was no hope for him and he could have never had a productive life. Perhaps he had done some good within his community or he could have in the future, never judge a man on his worst day! We have all been there.
The PD has been saying Wilson has injuries, one rumor is that he has a broken jaw. If that is true how did he get that? Oh, I know! He stressed his jaw muscles and grinded his teeth so hard with all the adrenaline he had built up cause he knew he was gonna get to kill a ***** that day. He could hardly contain his excitement. I'm surprised none of the witness have stepped forward yet that heard him say "yea you go ahead and run little ***** boy, you can run but you can't hide". Then shot him 6 times in the back. I also heard an eye witness account that after Brown was shot dead on the street Wilson lit up a cigarette and enjoyed it like he had just ****ed a supermodel in the ass and put it out in one of Browns wounds, as he put it to "stop the bleeding", and as he did that Wilson was heard saying, "now there there little ***** boy we can't have you bleeding on my streets now". "There!, that outta help ya!"

I mean after hearing that narritive i wanna have Brown made a saint.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:04 PM

274 posts, read 298,015 times
Quote:
This whole robbery thing is an attempt to destroy Brown's character, implicating him in a crime to make it seem ok that he was unlawfully shot to death. People who are repeatedly harassed by law enforcement do not react the same way as your everyday white lady in a rich neighborhood of St.Louis. So what people are saying is Brown was a known criminal and deserved to die, even though his crime would have only amounted to maybe a few years in prison, probably less with good behavior. I'm sorry but this sort of thing only happens when the cops shoot someone intentionally and try to cover it up and make it look like there was a struggle. They only drag up the last bad thing about this young mans life to make it seem like there was no hope for him and he could have never had a productive life. Perhaps he had done some good within his community or he could have in the future, never judge a man on his worst day! We have all been there. I am honestly sick of this **** and can't believe some of the comments about this clearly mishandled situation and ridiculous behavior of the media.

You really are a bad apple. One cop shoots a guy who reaches for his gun and the whole white race is to blame. Get a life.

You are ignorant and apart of the problem.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:09 PM

317 posts, read 328,900 times
Quote:
Ok we'll have you ever noticed how most suspects conveniently end up being black? No real description, that's ok ma'am if you can't remember, just as long as they were black. That works for us.

They end up being blacks, because it was the truth not some fairytale. Are you saying that most victims of crime pretend that it was a black person? If the criminal was white do you think the person would lie and say it was a black? That doesn't make any sense, the victims want the criminal caught and if you lie about the criminals race they'll never get caught.

I had something stolen at of my yard at night and saw a white man jump into a truck and drive off, wasn't able to get license plate. When I called the police I told them it was a white man. Why on earth would a victim lie? That makes zero sense.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the thomas j View Post
the pd has been saying wilson has injuries, one rumor is that he has a broken jaw. If that is true how did he get that? Oh, i know! He stressed his jaw muscles and grinded his teeth so hard with all the adrenaline he had built up cause he knew he was gonna get to kill a ***** that day. He could hardly contain his excitement. I'm surprised none of the witness have stepped forward yet that heard him say "yea you go ahead and run little ***** boy, you can run but you can't hide". Then shot him 6 times in the back. I also heard an eye witness account that after brown was shot dead on the street wilson lit up a cigarette and enjoyed it like he had just ****ed a supermodel in the ass and put it out in one of browns wounds, as he put it to "stop the bleeding", and as he did that wilson was heard saying, "now there there little ***** boy we can't have you bleeding on my streets now". "there!, that outta help ya!"

i mean after hearing that narritive i wanna have brown made a saint.
wtf

Old 08-18-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbt1766 View Post
They end up being blacks, because it was the truth not some fairytale. Are you saying that most victims of crime pretend that it was a black person? If the criminal was white do you think the person would lie and say it was a black? That doesn't make any sense, the victims want the criminal caught and if you lie about the criminals race they'll never get caught.

I had something stolen at of my yard at night and saw a white man jump into a truck and drive off, wasn't able to get license plate. When I called the police I told them it was a white man. Why on earth would a victim lie? That makes zero sense.
History speaks for itself.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:14 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,077,935 times
I know we won't be buying a house here, for sure. We will finish out our lease and my spouse will quit next spring so we can move back home.
Sorry, but we moved here for peace and quiet; not a national riot and civil unrest.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
wtf
WTF to what? The facts be damned THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR! THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT TO BELIEVE!

Old 08-18-2014, 09:21 PM

I only hope that the Players of the Saint Louis Blues don't suffer. They need David Backes to be at the top his game and not distracted. That division is tough. The West is no joke.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTiberiusx View Post
You really are a bad apple. One cop shoots a guy who reaches for his gun and the whole white race is to blame. Get a life.

You are ignorant and apart of the problem.
I am not ignorant and this is not just one guy. It has been happening more frequently in the past few years with police departments across the nation, a policy of shoot first ask questions later. Who really knows what happened, we may never know but assassinating someone's character and making it sound like he was attempting to murder the officer is bull ****. The cop ****ed up in my opinion for whatever reason and now they are trying to cover it up. How in the world does an unarmed assailant even get into the position to take the officers firearm? Untrained officer is how. Why would unarmed assailant try to take the officers firearm? Provocation? Maybe. Who knows. Telling me to get a life doesn't mean diddly squat. The possibility that this was a criminal act upon Mr. Brown is likely considering he was unarmed and shot six times with what I am guessing was a .40 caliber handgun. The man died nearly 35 feet away from the officers patrol car when the first shot was fired inside the vehicle. Something just doesn't add up! I never said the whole white race is to blame for anything, putting words in my mouth. Maybe a few racist police departments, but not the whole race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis