Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2013, 12:26 PM

3,168 posts, read 5,527,285 times

Advertisements

Arizona fugitive arrested in the town of Clay - NewsChannel 9 WSYR

I got caught in the cross hairs of this event this morning. Was on my way to work when I was cut off by about 10 squad cars who then surrounded a vehicle, guns drawn, on Taft Rd. Definitely livened up my morning commute. I kept checking the news stations, but no one was reporting anything. After I asked News Channel 9 on their FB page, they looked into it for me and posted the story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 01:16 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,866,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
Arizona fugitive arrested in the town of Clay - NewsChannel 9 WSYR

I got caught in the cross hairs of this event this morning. Was on my way to work when I was cut off by about 10 squad cars who then surrounded a vehicle, guns drawn, on Taft Rd. Definitely livened up my morning commute. I kept checking the news stations, but no one was reporting anything. After I asked News Channel 9 on their FB page, they looked into it for me and posted the story.
Book'em Deno!

Old 07-24-2013, 02:37 PM

93,347 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Hoping For A Tourist Stampede

Old 07-24-2013, 02:52 PM

Here are a couple of festivals going on this weekend: NE Jazz & Wine Festival | CNY Jazz

AmeriCU Syracuse Arts & Crafts Festival » Downtown Committee of Syracuse

Old 07-25-2013, 07:09 AM

CNY Scene: Harborfest, Hatchet-Fest, Ukrainian Festival, Syracuse Arts & Crafts Festival | syracuse.com

The Route 90 garage sale is a legend with a life of its own

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 07-25-2013 at 07:22 AM..

Old 07-26-2013, 07:28 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,527,285 times
FYI - Liverpool field days are this weekend... saw them setting everything up the past few days

Old 07-26-2013, 01:43 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,620,695 times
I was looking at some of the recent real estate transactions, and noticed a few interesting purchases.

The Berkeley Park mansion profiled in The Post-Standard in February sold after only a few weeks on the market. According to Syracuse.com, the home sold for $575,000 to a physician and Syracuse native who is relocating from Charlottesville, VA. To my knowledge, this is the highest sale price of a single family home in the city of Syracuse outside of Sedgwick. Some condos in Franklin Square's Mission Landing complex have sold for as high as $700,000.
House of the Week: 100 Windsor Place sits on a bluff in historic Berkeley Park | syracuse.com

Former Syracuse Football coach Doug Marrone has finally sold his DeWitt home for $995,000. The buyer is a top executive at Time Warner Cable residing in Manhattan Beach, CA. He is originally from DeWitt and previously managed Time Warner's Syracuse division.

The Post-Standard reported this afternoon that Congressman Dan Maffei has purchased a home in the city's South Valley neighborhood on Oakley Drive East. Maffei and his wife are relocating from suburban DeWitt. This may be the first time in more than 30 years that a Congressman representing a Syracuse-based district has resided within the city limits. Ann Marie Buerkle lived in the town of Onondaga as did Jim Walsh. The predecessor to Congressman Walsh, Rep. George Wortley lived in Fayetteville. Jim Walsh being the son of Syracuse Mayor William D Walsh may have resided in the city at some point during his congressional career before he relocated to Onondaga Hill.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce View Post
I was looking at some of the recent real estate transactions, and noticed a few interesting purchases.

The Berkeley Park mansion profiled in The Post-Standard in February sold after only a few weeks on the market. According to Syracuse.com, the home sold for $575,000 to a physician and Syracuse native who is relocating from Charlottesville, VA. To my knowledge, this is the highest sale price of a single family home in the city of Syracuse outside of Sedgwick. Some condos in Franklin Square's Mission Landing complex have sold for as high as $700,000.
House of the Week: 100 Windsor Place sits on a bluff in historic Berkeley Park | syracuse.com

Former Syracuse Football coach Doug Marrone has finally sold his DeWitt home for $995,000. The buyer is a top executive at Time Warner Cable residing in Manhattan Beach, CA. He is originally from DeWitt and previously managed Time Warner's Syracuse division.

The Post-Standard reported this afternoon that Congressman Dan Maffei has purchased a home in the city's South Valley neighborhood on Oakley Drive East. Maffei and his wife are relocating from suburban DeWitt. This may be the first time in more than 30 years that a Congressman representing a Syracuse-based district has resided within the city limits. Ann Marie Buerkle lived in the town of Onondaga as did Jim Walsh. The predecessor to Congressman Walsh, Rep. George Wortley lived in Fayetteville. Jim Walsh being the son of Syracuse Mayor William D Walsh may have resided in the city at some point during his congressional career before he relocated to Onondaga Hill.
This is interesting. I can actually see Maffei living within city limits, given that he is relatively young and attended SCSD schools(graduating from Nottingham).

I believe that Marrone lived in one of the newer developments off of Seneca Turnpike in Southwood(town of Onondaga and J-D Schools).

I wonder if the physician that bought the Berkeley Park house is affiliated with one of the hospitals on University Hill.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:45 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,620,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
This is interesting. I can actually see Maffei living within city limits, given that he is relatively young and attended SCSD schools(graduating from Nottingham).

I believe that Marrone lived in one of the newer developments off of Seneca Turnpike in Southwood(town of Onondaga and J-D Schools).

I wonder if the physician that bought the Berkeley Park house is affiliated with one of the hospitals on University Hill.

I think Marrone's home was in the Applecross Woods development between Peck Hill and Nottingham Roads. The women's basketball head coach lives in the area by Southwood in the town of Onondaga.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area