Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2009, 05:33 PM

986 posts, read 1,666,460 times

Advertisements

I know you guys probably get tired of the "moving without a job" question...but here's one more; I haven't seen much on this topic...so here goes...

I lived in Tallahassee for a year to attend Florida State and loved it, but since I was in school, I couldn't find a decent job so I returned to Atlanta, which is home. I am really tired of Atlanta, though, and would like to relocate. I have a bachelor's in psychology and a master's in information technology. I can't move currently - but - I am shooting for leaving the Atlanta area within 12 months, if I can sell my house. I am thinking I would use the money I have in savings to relocate, because I know it's difficult to get a job with an out of state address.

So honestly, how hard would it be for me to find a decent job in Tallahassee (especially since I'm not in school anymore)? I know no one can predict what would happen in a year, but I want to get the job market temperature right now in Tallahassee as oppossed to the rest of the state, which I know is awful.

I would also consider Jacksonville, so if you have any input on that area, I'm interested in that as well. I really want to stay in north Florida; I enjoy the "taste of winter" that North Florida has during Christmas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 08:19 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,278,262 times
I've lived in both cities, went to school & worked in Tally and have lived in Jax mosty of my life (currently as well).

As you probably know, the government & the universities are the employers in Tally. Your best bet is looking there, though universities are cutting positions.

Jacksonville is 10 times bigger with 10 times the opprotunities, same weather (a straight shot on I-10).

Your much, much, more likely to find a decent job in Jax than in Tally.

Though, there's not nearly the concentration of hot chicks...which is very important too, i know. Much more spread out in Jax.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:49 PM

986 posts, read 1,666,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu813 View Post
Though, there's not nearly the concentration of hot chicks...which is very important too, i know. Much more spread out in Jax.
Well, I'm a girl, so I'm not really looking for chicks...sorry , but thanks for the info on Jax. I visited jax about two years ago, and liked it there too.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:36 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,278,262 times
oh, well in that case....let's hook up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee