Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 08:02 PM

2 posts, read 24,883 times

Advertisements

What has anyone to say about New Tampa? Where in that area should I stay far away from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 08:29 PM

485 posts, read 1,011,775 times
New Tampa is a traffic nightmare. However if you work in New Tampa, it's a great place to live.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:31 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,318,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planedition View Post
New Tampa is a traffic nightmare. However if you work in New Tampa, it's a great place to live.
No worse than most of Pinellas County.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:38 PM

485 posts, read 1,011,775 times
Much worse.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:52 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,318,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
No worse than most of Pinellas County.
I dont think you have any clue what you are talking about. I can throw dozens of locations in Pinellas County where you have the same "traffic lights every 50 feet" like Bruce B Downs has. Morning rush might be worse in New Tampa, I will give you that, but "the rest of the day" or on weekends, Pinellas is just as bad.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:02 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,007,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
I dont think you have any clue what you are talking about. I can throw dozens of locations in Pinellas County where you have the same "traffic lights every 50 feet" like Bruce B Downs has. Morning rush might be worse in New Tampa, I will give you that, but "the rest of the day" or on weekends, Pinellas is just as bad.
I agree with this. Pinellas is the worst, I work in Clearwater, my Pinellas trek is the worst part by far. There is 1 real highway that doesn't even run north to south its like an S that starts in the middle, at the very least I275 should connect to us19 so you can go north, its just crappy all around.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:11 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
I agree, Pinellas is WORST! We just had to drive through all of Pinellas yesterday and all I can say is O.M.G.!! Holding my breath til we got home. Glad we don't live there!!! I will say that St. Pete isn't too bad, it's when you get north of there it really gets bad.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:50 PM

21 posts, read 60,959 times
Default STILL the SAME after all this TIME?

Im picking back up on this thread because it has given me the best information as far as neighborhoods, And its been hard, Ive talked to a few management companies, but they seem to be just interested in your application fees, and not ready to tell you their rental is in a run down ghetto part of town!...... I have been looking at schools near east Tampa, and they are almost all 2-3 rated out of 10, and well the crime maps matches up well with those low scored schools...................so while I initally, thought living in Temple Terrace, or Town N Country might work, Im not so sure now!

Im thinking of looking at Seminole Heights, the Lowry Park Zoo area, maybe some area near downtown?

Not sure, Im very confused, and to top it off, the property manager I talked to yesterday said the rental market is very competitive right now, so for a person with bad credit it doesnt sound like I will have much of a choice of living in a bad area, and hence, my daughter going to a ghetto school.. I mean I have money, good job, no evictions, no judgments, no felonies, or anything serious.. but I have a car loan, some old utilities, old bounced checks.. ect.. and yeah I know, pay them off and then move- right? Thats not an option, Im being tranfered and I dont have 10k to pay of creditors first! Just wondering if this old poat is still valid information???

Any new additions to this list over the last year? What is palmetto point like? areas of south Tampa are not far from work (Netpark)..I would love to go to St. Petes, or Clearwater but just seems like the drive to Netpark (Hillsborogh/56th st) would be about an hour..............Am I right about that?

Old 03-12-2013, 01:23 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,007,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyadams View Post
Im picking back up on this thread because it has given me the best information as far as neighborhoods, And its been hard, Ive talked to a few management companies, but they seem to be just interested in your application fees, and not ready to tell you their rental is in a run down ghetto part of town!...... I have been looking at schools near east Tampa, and they are almost all 2-3 rated out of 10, and well the crime maps matches up well with those low scored schools...................so while I initally, thought living in Temple Terrace, or Town N Country might work, Im not so sure now!

Im thinking of looking at Seminole Heights, the Lowry Park Zoo area, maybe some area near downtown?

Not sure, Im very confused, and to top it off, the property manager I talked to yesterday said the rental market is very competitive right now, so for a person with bad credit it doesnt sound like I will have much of a choice of living in a bad area, and hence, my daughter going to a ghetto school.. I mean I have money, good job, no evictions, no judgments, no felonies, or anything serious.. but I have a car loan, some old utilities, old bounced checks.. ect.. and yeah I know, pay them off and then move- right? Thats not an option, Im being tranfered and I dont have 10k to pay of creditors first! Just wondering if this old poat is still valid information???

Any new additions to this list over the last year? What is palmetto point like? areas of south Tampa are not far from work (Netpark)..I would love to go to St. Petes, or Clearwater but just seems like the drive to Netpark (Hillsborogh/56th st) would be about an hour..............Am I right about that?
It sounds like your priority is your daughter's school. I would recommend the South Shore area, you can go east to 301 and take that down to the norther part of riverview , where you would go to Symmes Elementary, thats a 30 min drive, if you step that drive up 15 min you can go to the Bloomingdale area of brandon/valrico, that would be my suggestions if you are on a budget. Otherwise the commute goign north to either New Tampa or WEsley chapel would be a killer, no easy way to cut across to Carrolwood/citrus park, as far as South Tampa the closest area would be the hyde park area, another choice would be I guess if you head down 56th it will turn to 50th then that will run you into the crosstown, then you can take that down to gandy and then you could look into Ballast Point Elementary area which is a pretty good school, cheaper area lots of military families. If money is no object then look into the Gorrie or Mitchell elementary boundaries.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:46 PM

21 posts, read 60,959 times
WOW.. Thank you so much! I will outline those areas and thank you for the info!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay