Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 07:24 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times

Advertisements

Two pedestrians killed in crash on Harbour Island Bridge
Two people were killed after police said they were hit by a drunk driver on the Harbour Island Bridge.

Police said the car was heading south on the bridge just before 2 a.m. Saturday when the driver crossed into oncoming lanes, then onto the sidewalk.

The car crashed into several pedestrians who had just left work at the Marriott Waterside, police said.

Kate D. Kohlier, 24, was killed on the sidewalk.

Douglas J. Kazar, 23, was pushed over the guardrail and into a planter, police said. Kazar was declared dead in the ambulance before it left the scene of the crash.

Joao Armando Fonseca Barbosa, 47, was walking several feet in front of the victims, and he was able to jump out of the way. He injured his ankle in the process, and was taken to Tampa General Hospital for treatment.

Rescue crews extricated the driver, Matthew R. Moye, 33, and two female passengers from the car, police said. No one in the car was hurt.

-----------------

To me there can't be enough police stings....! If that can saves some more lives!

If you behave and stick to the rules, you shouldn't have a thing to fear!

Dr. R. Matthew Moye Dentist in Brandon FL

If this is your dentist you better change your appointment!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2010, 09:12 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,302,847 times
It doesn't surprise me that this happened on Harbour Island, with the way those egomaniacs drive. Hopefully this guy's money doesn't get him off easily.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:20 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
Hmmm, this is Florida, where the rich can kill anyone with a car, and no one cares. Look at the kid in Palm Beach Gardens, he killed a man in 2008, and is still free. John Goodman, same thing. This is crazy. There should be a state mandated law, kill someone with a DUI, and go to jail. Not, if you are rich enough, you can just have a continuence for 100 years...

Old 10-30-2010, 10:34 AM

Yeah, a year or so ago there was that girl from the Academy of Holy Names that hit and killed a homeless woman and then drove away. I think she got off free or mostly free.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:18 PM

872 posts, read 1,713,073 times
Since the idiot killed two people in the process I'm pretty sure he will serve hard time. Even in Florida. And don't you just love it when these a$$holes run over a pedestrian and keep right on driving.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:31 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,606,369 times
Unbelievable. Especially this part:
>>one count of battery on a law enforcement officer.

Huh?? So he got wasted, drove around, killed people, and was so over-entitled about it that he then assaulted the cop??

I feel terrible for the families. All those people were doing was walking home from work.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:34 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
It doesn't surprise me that this happened on Harbour Island, with the way those egomaniacs drive. Hopefully this guy's money doesn't get him off easily.
Money and egomania has nothing to do with it. DUI is a major problem with all social classes. Being killed by a DUI is high risk for anyone in a car, night or day.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:36 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggi07 View Post
Unbelievable. Especially this part:
>>one count of battery on a law enforcement officer.

Huh?? So he got wasted, drove around, killed people, and was so over-entitled about it that he then assaulted the cop??

What does "over-entitled" have anything to do with this?

Old 10-30-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Money and egomania has nothing to do with it. DUI is a major problem with all social classes. Being killed by a DUI is high risk for anyone in a car, night or day.
I wasn't referring to the DUI. I was referring to the reckless and often dangerous driving habits I've noticed on Harbour Island.

Old 10-30-2010, 03:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,992 times
Most cops were sitting in parking lots talking at that time chatting. The few DUI squad police in Tampa can only do so much, and the others feel they don't have to pull over drunks. This guy lives in S. Tampa, has money, and should've called Zingo to get him home. But, he's probably too tough to let someone else drive his car around..... I called them last night, from Jackson's where this guy was headed.... Paid $25 bucks to get home, think he wishes he did too???? [url=http://www.ZingoTampa.com]Zingo Tampa Professional Designated Drivers 888-ZINGO 11[/url] 888-946-4611
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay