Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 11:41 AM

877 posts, read 1,913,528 times

Advertisements

Okay, we are seriously considering making an offer on a house in Grand Hampton. Anyone here live there? Anything we should know?

We really like the area and I think it looks like a great place to raise kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 02:58 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Higher property taxes than across the street! Target is located in Pasco County while Grand Hapton is in Hillsborough County.

The CDD?HOA used to be on the higher side but I'm not sure if it was raised or stayed the same.

It is a nice community....

Old 01-16-2011, 08:27 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,656,250 times
I have never lived there, but I know of two people who do. The people that I know living there are happy there. I agree with bentlebee that the property taxes are more than Pasco County. The community fees are high, but so are many communities in the area. I think they are somewhere around $2,000 a year.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:29 PM

I just checked out a website and I'm shocked to see that the quarterly HOA fee is approx. $ 500 and on top of that $ 1000 and up for CDD. In Seven Oaks you pay way less and less property taxes. No wonder 43 homes are for sale in Grand Hampton...

Old 01-16-2011, 07:33 PM

Where we are looking the quaterly HOA is actually $800+ But you get a lot for your money, i.e. internet, cable, lawn maintenance etc. We like Cory Lake Isles as well but the CDD is high and you don't get much for your money. We didn't really like Seven Oaks, it is not as well maintained as Grand Hampton.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewabby View Post
Where we are looking the quaterly HOA is actually $800+ But you get a lot for your money, i.e. internet, cable, lawn maintenance etc. We like Cory Lake Isles as well but the CDD is high and you don't get much for your money. We didn't really like Seven Oaks, it is not as well maintained as Grand Hampton.
If it is what you like and can afford than go for it

Old 01-16-2011, 07:53 PM

Thanks! Probably a little more strict of an HOA than we would like but I can't argue with the results! We are checking out 5 Grand Hampton homes and 1 in Cory Lake Isles tomorrow and then making an offer.

BTW, in case anyone was wondering, the banks are still giving out way more money than they should, we are (hopefully) paying way less for a home than we were approved for in a loan. It was nice how much they approved us for but it was also way more than we could comfortably afford. I don't think this real estate mess is going to turn around anytime soon.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewabby View Post
Thanks! Probably a little more strict of an HOA than we would like but I can't argue with the results! We are checking out 5 Grand Hampton homes and 1 in Cory Lake Isles tomorrow and then making an offer.

BTW, in case anyone was wondering, the banks are still giving out way more money than they should, we are (hopefully) paying way less for a home than we were approved for in a loan. It was nice how much they approved us for but it was also way more than we could comfortably afford. I don't think this real estate mess is going to turn around anytime soon.
Make sure if you buy a foreclosed home that you have a lawyer check the title since the title ins. only covers the time frame the bank owned it and more than one person had a "surprise" lien from before the bank owned it that they now have to pay for...

Old 01-17-2011, 06:45 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,603,566 times
Congratulations! It sounds like you've made up your mind. The only suggestions I'd have (outside what your Realtor probably recommends) would be: 1) ask to see the CDD & HOA budget/financial statement(s) to make sure they are solvent, and 2) if you're buying a used house built during the boom, have a thorough inspection to include builder certification that chinese drywall isn't in the house. Happy hunting today...sorry it's raining!

Old 01-17-2011, 06:46 AM

Thanks! We are trying to avoid the foreclosures and short sales. They just sound like a headache.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay