Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 09:20 AM

80 posts, read 161,834 times

Advertisements

So I have been looking at cities outside of the one I work in, but what about Riverview? Anyone live here or near it?

I will be traveling to Riverview in August if not sooner to check it out. I was told there is nothing there and that is why I am looking elsewhere. I have found Temple Terrace online and looks like new communities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 10:10 AM

31 posts, read 59,334 times
We live in Apollo Beach, which is south of Riverview. Before choosing Apollo Beach, we looked at Riverview and depending what you are looking for it's a pretty decent area. What city do live in now? I personally would not recommend Temple Terrace area, which is near USF and Busch Gardens. Yes, there are some nice homes on the river, but otherwise forget about it.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:16 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,550,239 times
I have a friend that works in Riverview but lives in Apollo Beach. They love the area but travel south to go to the beaches. They also have to travel to go to a mall. Their kids went to a choice school and also had to travel, long bus time. I recommend checking out different areas.

One of the most important things to determine in buying a home is location, location, location. How do you know what neighborhood is right for you? Here is a list that might help you.

1. Would you enjoy living there?
2. How far of a commute is it from work, school, shopping, hospitals, restaurants, parks, entertainment and transportation? Take a test drive.
3. Drive through the neighborhood to get an idea of what it is like. You may want to go at different times throughout the day. What is the noise and traffic level?
4. Does the neighborhood have curb appeal? It is well maintained? Does it have nice landscaping?
5. Does the neighborhood fit in with your demographics? Are you looking for a family friendly neighborhood, a deed restricted neighborhood, a 55 and older retirement neighborhood, or a high or low income neighborhood?
6. Price makes all the difference. Do some research to find out the price range of the neighborhoods so that you can eliminate ones that do not fit within your budget.
7. Check to see what the neighborhood crime statistics are. Look around for graffiti or other signs of criminal activity. Check with local police or check the police blotter in the local newspaper. You want to live in a safe neighborhood.
8. Be aware of any new construction or zoning laws that may be in the neighborhood.
9. If you are choosing a deed restricted community with a homeowner association, find out what the fees are?

Old 04-29-2011, 10:32 AM

2,763 posts, read 5,758,112 times
We live in Brandon, which is right next to riverview and we love it here.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:05 PM

670 posts, read 1,277,823 times
I live in Riverview and like it a lot. Its a new up and coming small community. The only downside right now is the drive to shopping and dining. That will change in the future as Riverview is growing! So, in that regard, I would think long term. Overall, it is very clean, consists of mostly middle class families from all over.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:39 AM

30 posts, read 84,802 times
We live in Riverview and really like the area. We are in the South Fork subdivision, which is close by to Apollo Beach. My son attended Summerfield Crossings and is now at Eisenhower MS. We have been happy with both. I looked into one of the charter schools before my son started middle school, but decided to give Eisenhower a try and have been so happy.

We have two Wal-Marts within 3-5 miles to us, Sam's just opened right around the corner and there are several restaurants and grocery stores. Lots of medical offices, so you don't have to travel far for those, but for a mall or the movies, you do need to drive 15 or so minutes into Brandon.

But, every time I have to drive into Brandon, I am thankful I don't have to do so every day. Of course this area is growing and I am sure traffic will be just as bad in a few years. They are currently widening 301 from 2 lanes to 6 if that gives you an idea. But at least this is being done before the traffic is bumper to bumper for miles.

I do like that I can find nice beaches within an hour, and drive to Orlando in little over an hour.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:14 AM

5,978 posts, read 7,377,898 times
Can you be more specific? Riverview encompasses some pretty diverse areas, from nasty/trashy to fairly nice. There are some areas of new development that are nice, but just adjacent to them are older (50s-60s) areas that are poorly kept.

There are also some rural parts as well, so it's tough to make a blanket statement about the area.

Got an address or development in mind?

RM

Old 05-01-2011, 09:59 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,320,473 times
There are some crappy areas that you may construe as part of riverview. IE: Gibsonton, Progress Village, etc

Old 05-01-2011, 06:24 PM

5,978 posts, read 7,377,898 times
Those are some of the surrounding areas I was referencing. They aren't Riverview, but they are immediately adjacent to parts of it...

RM

Old 04-18-2012, 02:14 PM

3 posts, read 4,457 times
How about Summerfield Village area? We were orginally looking to buy a new home in Brandon/Valrico and widened our search a bit and came across Summerfield Village.

Neighborhood looks nice from what I can find online. But that doesn't tell me much about the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay