Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 02:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,728 times

Advertisements

Dear Zealgirl,

I suggest that you try where Hillsborough Ave. and the Veterans Expressway meet. On the West side of that are a number of hotels like Hometel, are that have mini-kitchenettes and both daily and weekly rates. Thats about bicycle distance to Memorial & I-275. Its also about 5 minutes from Tampa International Airport and centrally located to both Tampa, the greater Tampa area (Hillsborough County), and Pinellas County (St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Largo, Tarpon Springs are all on the Pinellas Penninsula on the West side of Tampa Bay). If you go north on the Veterans (Toll Road) to the Limbaugh Rd exit and go West, you will run into West Chase, a very nice upwardly mobile Community with median to higher priced homes and townhomes, as well as some nice rentals. This would be minutes to Mem /I-275.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 02:56 AM

198 posts, read 959,895 times
zealgirl7 - they have just started to construction to widen 275 from downtown west the airport, and they are in the middle of the airport/60/memorial interchange makeover. You need to make sure that these wont affect your commute when you come down in october.

Old 09-08-2007, 05:36 PM

192 posts, read 1,165,224 times
There are quite a few hotels in the Westshore Business District that may work for you....do a search and you'll find many. There are also tons of auto rental places in the area due to the proximity of the airport, so if you're renting a car you'll be all set.

Personally I think you're wise beyond your years (20's) by making an advance trip to scout out the various sections of Tampa. I think most people know immediately if they're comfortable when driving in a given neighborhood, and if it 'looks like home' to them.

Good luck in your search and welcome to Tampa!

Old 09-09-2007, 07:52 AM

2 posts, read 5,151 times
Take a look at South Tampa (Hyde Park, Palma Ceia) if you are looking for a single family home. There are some great deals right now, and the investment will be solid. I-275 access is easy, it should be less than a 30 minute commute to Memorial Hwy normally. The Memorial Hwy area is in "Town and Country", well known for traffic snarls.

Old 09-09-2007, 12:35 PM

5 posts, read 20,194 times
You are going to have traffic nearly any place you choose to live in the Tampa area. Why don't you rent first to get a feel for where you want to live?

Old 09-10-2007, 11:28 AM

24 posts, read 117,697 times
We will rent for the first year. We have decided the last week of October to come out and we are even bringing our dog (I know huge pain to deal with). But she is 8 lbs and I want to see how she does in the changed climate. I'm sure she will be fine - but every factor we can try out on this week will help determine the big move. We live in Denver where that will be an expensive move and change. Thank you so much for all your help!!! I haven't found a job yet but I am in accounting and would actually prefer a job at a university - in the Finacial Aid office or something. Again... if any of you out there are in need of an accountant come March - let me know!!!

Old 09-11-2007, 08:51 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,713,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealgirl7 View Post
Are there any hotels close to this area? We are looking to come out for a week - drive the traffic and really get a feel for the area.
Mainsail Tampa Suites Hotels: Tampa Corporate Housing Tampa Extended Stay Hotels

This property is the PERFECT location for you to stay at and get your wheels spinning to experience Tampa. It's on the corner of Hillsborough Ave. (runs parallel to Memorial Hwy.) and Eisenhower Blvd. which ramps up to the Veteran's Express. You would be only minutes away from 275 and the Westshore district.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:45 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,210,483 times
There is another post here with suggestions of places to look for accounting jobs.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:15 PM

3 posts, read 5,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealgirl7 View Post
My husband and I are looking into moving to Tampa in the early spring. He will be working at 275 & NW Shore Blvd. I am not sure how many are familar with the area - we still need to go see the place. We are looking for a nice neighborhood with newer homes that is safe. However, rumor has it that traffic is really bad. Any tips on a nearby location where traffic isn't as bad?
We're moving too! Hubby and I. Looking for apartment for the short term (6mos or so). But same concerns, safety first. Heard some bad things about Tampa crime rate so i'm getting a bit edgy. Will share what I know, learn with you if you'll do the same.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:04 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,210,483 times
You can check out crime in Hillsborough county on this website
hcso.tampa.fl.us

It may look scarey at first but you can zoom in and check out areas.
As with any city, there are good and bad areas. Pick out some apts and then ask about them here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay