Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 07:40 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times

Advertisements

There are quite a few threads about Spring Hill here on C-D. The information is sometimes quite biased and usually dated though.

He could be very comfy here as a part time residence. Who knows, you may want to escape the winter sometimes and come down too.
There are clubs for people from various states that get together here so you can always find a "piece of home" here.

Homes are in over abundance here now. A lot of out of state investors bought in during the building boom and walked away since they only bought it as investment, never lived in it. Had only a few thousand in it so it was easy for them to walk away. That's what the majority of the foreclosures and short sales are about.

I don't know of any areas to totally avoid. I would probably want to stay to the north end though. Newer homes in newer subdivisions.
There are a lot of older homes that need upgrading, roofs, windows,
electrical systems and you would find those homes generally on the
far west side of Spring Hill. Those are generally the original Deltona Homes. Google SPRING HILL FL and you will be able to read about the origins of the area. It used to be nothing but useless scrub land
before it got developed.

The area I like best is just about around the North East side. it is convenient to everything yet newer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanie B View Post
Thanks for the great info!
The area sounds very nice.
I've been searching the forum but really couldn't put anything together from the tidbits I've read.

This would be a second home.... mostly for him so he can hang out with his brother.
I've been searching the MLS and you're right, there are a lot of nice places for less.

A couple more questions please -
Is there any area(s) to avoid?
What area(s) do you like the best?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 08:37 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,838 times
Spring Hilliam gave such an informative post!

I'm sure the OP will certainly take advantage of it, and future people with questions about Spring Hill, too.

Thanks Spring Hilliam!

Old 12-05-2011, 08:39 AM

Glad I could help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
Spring Hilliam gave such an informative post!

I'm sure the OP will certainly take advantage of it, and future people with questions about Spring Hill, too.

Thanks Spring Hilliam!

Old 12-05-2011, 09:03 AM

51 posts, read 212,954 times
Thanks again, Spring Hillian!

I'd like to hear anything, good or bad, anyone else has to say too.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:00 AM

Here is a good news site..
Hernando Today | Hernando Today

Old 12-05-2011, 10:10 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Heres another or just a different section of SH's link

Hernando County news | Hernando Times

Old 12-05-2011, 10:20 AM

Jambo's site is for the St. Petersburg Times and mine was from the Tampa Tribune. Enjoy them both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post

Old 12-05-2011, 10:28 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
We visited Weeki Wachie(msp)this summer with my niece and her two young children.We took the boat ride and it was nice but I would chose a cooler time of year to do it again!!Spring Hill seems like a nice area we visited friends that live off Cortez blvd in manufactured homes and it was very clean and well kept.Security was also tight which I like!

Old 12-05-2011, 10:44 AM

Thanks Jambo & SH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Jambo's site is for the St. Petersburg Times and mine was from the Tampa Tribune. Enjoy them both.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:56 AM

I realize that I *sounded* rather negative in my original post but I'm really not

Just not thrilled with a big decision like a second home being made with very little input from me and only using information from a family member that I (and most people) would consider to be a total loser.

That said, it's his money and if he wants to buy a bachelor pad that I might visit once in a while, I suppose there's nothing I can do or say about it

Hopefully, I get to decorate (no foo foo flowery stuff for me) the joint!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay