Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2012, 10:23 AM

77 posts, read 138,399 times

Advertisements

Trying to figure out the registration process for the Pinellas County School District.

It says on their website you have to get a physical for a child who is starting there from out of state. Is this still in effect?

Not quite understanding the reserve a seat part?

Thank you to anyone who can help me out with this!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 10:42 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,606,369 times
The physical can be from anywhere, even out of state. You just need a copy of it, or have it faxed to the school. If they haven't had one within a year, then you have to get them one before they can start.

To "reserve a seat" you call the student reservation department and they tell you what school you are zoned for and put them in if there is room. If not, they'll send you to the next closest school.

Are you looking for a particular type of school, or just your zoned school?

Old 01-06-2012, 11:01 AM

77 posts, read 138,399 times
Just looking for a good school there. They are going to test my daughter this month for the gifted program at the elementary school she is currently attending here in AZ. She is an honor roll student and ahead in most areas. Last year the school she was attending was a Title 1 school and they wanted her to go to another school in the district since she did not need to go to a Title 1 school but we moved.

Would like a school that has activities such as band and choir.

Thank you for your help. Just getting excited and trying to get things done before the move so its not so much once we get there.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:13 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,606,369 times
Do you want full time gifted or just a pull out?

Most of the schools do a pull out program, but it's only a couple hours a week. I have kids in elementary and middle full time gifted. The schools are excellent.

If you do want full time, though, the application period starts this Saturday and goes to the end of the month. You can put in a late application and get on a wait list after you get here, as well.

I can give you more details if you'd like. Just send me a PM.

ETA: You might also be interested in looking at the fundamental schools.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:54 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,299,617 times
The physical is everywhere.

The "reserved seat" thing was because of the choice programs that some schools are part of. For example my kids went to one elementary (that was not in our immediate district) through the choice program, last year before we moved we didn't know if they could continue at that school because that school was no longer a choice school. The neighborhood school then reserved two places for my kids IN CASE they were not going to be accepted through the choice program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay