Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 09:26 PM

81 posts, read 174,058 times

Advertisements

Hi all.

I just moved to Clearwater Beach from North Carolina. As you can see from my user name, I had been job hunting back in NC, with no luck. Got a good offer down here and decided to take it.

Anyway, on to the topic.
Being from rural NC I have always drank water from either a spring or well, not city water. No offense to anyone, but the water from the tap here is terrible and most likely not very good for consumption
My cat didn't even want to drink it
I have been looking for 100% spring water in stores, but have only seen Zephyrhills Bottled water. It too has a somewhat bad taste. Maybe it is from a sulfer spring, I don't know
I did try Aquafina as well, but it isn't spring water, just filtered tap water. I would rather get a true spring water with the natual minerals though.

Does anyone know where to buy good quality 100% spring water in the Clearwater area? If so, please tell me the name of it and the store that sells it.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 09:45 PM

173 posts, read 449,276 times
I bought a reverse-osmosis under the sink filter with 2.5 gallon tank for drinking water. Yes, municipal water does taste like chlorine. Lowes, $150.00. $25 worth of filters every six months. Shop Whirlpool Reverse Osmosis Under Sink Water Filtration System at Lowes.com

Old 05-03-2012, 09:59 PM

64 posts, read 110,100 times
If you do not like Zephyrhills bottled water than I wouldn't pick anything from Nestle. (That includes Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Pure Life, Resource, Deer Park, Ice Mountain, Ozarka, etc.) Nestle owns springs all over the US and their bottled waters come from all of those sources. That bottle of Zephyrhills may have been pulled from the same spot as a bottle of Perrier or Pellegrino.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:13 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
I actually like Crystal Geyser, which I purchase at Family Dollar. Cheaper and better tasting than Z-hills.

Crystal Geyser Alpine Spring Water

Old 05-04-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I actually like Crystal Geyser, which I purchase at Family Dollar. Cheaper and better tasting than Z-hills.

Thanks, I will pick some up.
I found some called PurAqua at Aldi store. 24 pack .5L is $2.99. It is better than Z-hills, is 100% spring water from Silver Springs, Fl. It has a slight taste (again, may be sulfer). Not as strong as Z-Hills though.
But I will certainly try the Crystal Geyser, as I think mountain water is richer in minerals than what is probably in the water from Silver Springs. And probably less sulfer (or whatever the taste is) as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anya3 View Post
If you do not like Zephyrhills bottled water than I wouldn't pick anything from Nestle. (That includes Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Pure Life, Resource, Deer Park, Ice Mountain, Ozarka, etc.) Nestle owns springs all over the US and their bottled waters come from all of those sources. That bottle of Zephyrhills may have been pulled from the same spot as a bottle of Perrier or Pellegrino.
Thank you for the heads up on that. I had no idea.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:33 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,246,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post

Thats good water. One of their springs is just down the road from me.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Thats good water. One of their springs is just down the road from me.
It's perfect!
I went to get some wax for my car and saw a Dollar store in the shopping center where AutoZone is. I just thought I would go in a grab some sponges to apply the wax with. Right next to the door was 6 packs of Crystal Geyser.
I looked on the bottle and it is from the Blue Ridge Mountains
I had a feeling what is sold here might be, based on the locations of their springs posted on their site. I got a 6 pack and just drank one. It is perfect. Taste clean, fresh and exactly like the spring water I am used to.

So, thanks again gypsychic for the suggestion. My cat thanks you too, lol.
I have found my water. I'll be buying only it from now on. I noticed they also have it in gallon jugs too.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:01 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,246,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Job_Hunter View Post
It's perfect!
I went to get some wax for my car and saw a Dollar store in the shopping center where AutoZone is. I just thought I would go in a grab some sponges to apply the wax with. Right next to the door was 6 packs of Crystal Geyser.
I looked on the bottle and it is from the Blue Ridge Mountains
I had a feeling what is sold here might be, based on the locations of their springs posted on their site. I got a 6 pack and just drank one. It is perfect. Taste clean, fresh and exactly like the spring water I am used to.

So, thanks again gypsychic for the suggestion. My cat thanks you too, lol.
I have found my water. I'll be buying only it from now on. I noticed they also have it in gallon jugs too.
I have a 420' deep artisian well not far from their spring. Probablly the same water coming out of my faucets.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:21 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
I have a 420' deep artisian well not far from their spring. Probablly the same water coming out of my faucets.
Nice you got your own supply - I'm jealous! When we used to live in Dade City I had a deep well with delicious water, now I'm in Manatee County where the tap water I have isn't great, but it's at least about 100% better than the water in Tampa/St. Pete. Got to go pick up some more Crystal Geyser.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:26 PM

5,019 posts, read 7,224,561 times
I never thought St. Pete's water was too bad, but Tampa's tastes like it's coming out of a garden hose. Probably because they're so depended on surface water instead of deep wells.
The whole process of a municipality providing safe drinking water is actually pretty amazing and something that's taken for granted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay