Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 07:25 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethinktank View Post
How coy. Gore is an environmental activist involved in a political hot topic, the context of which was established here by you and bentlebee-- and expressed from a negative viewpoint.

If there was a post on CityData about a local private equity firm closing and I were to make a crack about Mitt Romney, it'd have nothing to do with the conversation and it might offend somebody on the other side of the political spectrum. So I'd do the right thing and keep my mouth shut and just talk about OP's topic.
The topic is weather. Al Gore is in the forefront of weather today. Someone else, not me, brought up Al Gore in the context of our local weather. I stated all I can do is laugh at him. That all seems legit and on topic, as it was only about weather and relating to our local weather at that.

I did not state if I agreed with or disagreed with all, part or any of what he thinks. I just stated one can only laugh at him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 07:27 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
This doesn't feel like summer though, at least not today. The rain actually cooled things down a bit instead of just dumping more humidity on top of the heat. And instead of a short-ish burst in the afternoon, this has been on and off throughout the day. I'll defer to the experts, but this feels like actual weather, not just the daily shift of heat, humidity and precipitation.
Once the gulf temps get above 83 and the axis of high pressure gets locked in to our south and we get into a reverse west wind flow, then you will see true hell.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Once the gulf temps get above 83 and the axis of high pressure gets locked in to our south and we get into a reverse west wind flow, then you will see true hell.
Looking forward to it. It was just starting to get nicer and then today it went back to being cold. Brrrrrrrrr.......

Old 05-01-2013, 07:49 PM

451 posts, read 933,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
The topic is weather. Al Gore is in the forefront of weather today.
That's utter nonsense. If you stretch any harder, you might pull something. I'll keep checking the weather channel for him though, not seeing anything yet. Hold tight.

Quote:
I just stated one can only laugh at him.
I'm looking forward to hearing more opinions about political figures in unrelated threads.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:53 PM

451 posts, read 933,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
One man's "true hell" is another man's paradise-- summers here really aren't that bad.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
That's utter nonsense. If you stretch any harder, you might pull something. I'll keep checking the weather channel for him though, not seeing anything yet. Hold tight.
Oh, no problem. I am always here to help, so let me help you with that. Here ya go....Al Gore on The Weather Channel.

VIDEO: Al Gore on the Future, Climate Change

Old 05-01-2013, 07:59 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,463,477 times
Like Chas stated it is different dynamics that is bringing this rain to what drives the Summer Showers. A good way to look at it is the Satellite picture. (highly recommend the governments aviation weather site ADDS - Aviation Digital Data Service to see the latest and greatest. Big Blob (what a great weather term) was over us today. During the Summer you can watch the clouds form inland, then gradually move back over to the coast.

Should GREEN UP the lawn though!!

Old 05-01-2013, 08:03 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
Quote:
This doesn't feel like summer though, at least not today. The rain actually cooled things down a bit instead of just dumping more humidity on top of the heat. And instead of a short-ish burst in the afternoon, this has been on and off throughout the day. I'll defer to the experts, but this feels like actual weather, not just the daily shift of heat, humidity and precipitation.
Good analysis, answers my question. Yes, it would be nice if the rain during the summer actually cooled things down a bit more than it does. These are more like spring showers, but with thunder and lightning. I was reading somewhere (I think USA Today) that they're expecting a wet summer for the east, dry for the west.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
Like Chas stated it is different dynamics that is bringing this rain to what drives the Summer Showers. A good way to look at it is the Satellite picture. (highly recommend the governments aviation weather site ADDS - Aviation Digital Data Service to see the latest and greatest. Big Blob (what a great weather term) was over us today. During the Summer you can watch the clouds form inland, then gradually move back over to the coast.

Should GREEN UP the lawn though!!
So summer storms will move from the inland, westward to the gulf coast?

Old 05-01-2013, 08:14 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
Quote:
So summer storms will move from the inland, westward to the gulf coast?
Generally, yes. Tropical storms are a different matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay