Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 10:31 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,014,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
passing it every day at least twice and never see this problem. Some people take Bruce B Downs, some I-75, and some Morris Bridge if they live somewhere on Cross Creek. With the addition of New Tampa Blvd (or whatever) parallel to Bruce B. Downs some people have an option not to be on Bruce B Downs around I-75 interchange depending on where they live.
When was your last time out there? Before, during or after construction?
At the rate of new construction in that area for how long is that going to be an accurate depiction. I will take your word for it, I refuse to go north of Kennedy from 5-7pm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 01:17 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,811,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
At the rate of new construction in that area for how long is that going to be an accurate depiction. I will take your word for it, I refuse to go north of Kennedy from 5-7pm.
I am not really sure that you reffer to "new construction", but if you are talking about new communities, I don't think it will affect traffic on Bruce B Downs because most of them are north of SR 56 and people will have a choice to take I-75 or I-275 without even taking Bruce B Downs.
Bruce B. Downs widening is done in separate segments, and Segments B and S (near I-75) were completed. Now since I-75 widening is underway it might be tough for next year or so.

On a side note, all my coworkers moved from brandon to new tampa or temple terrace for better commute because SR 60 and I-75 coming from brandon towards tampa was a true parking lot.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:24 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,589,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
passing it every day at least twice and never see this problem. Some people take Bruce B Downs, some I-75, and some Morris Bridge if they live somewhere on Cross Creek. With the addition of New Tampa Blvd (or whatever) parallel to Bruce B. Downs some people have an option not to be on Bruce B Downs around I-75 interchange depending on where they live.
When was your last time out there? Before, during or after construction?
I was talking ten years back. Before they made that new exit onto to 75.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:51 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,811,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
I was talking ten years back. Before they made that new exit onto to 75.
Sorry, I didn't know we are talking about the past.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:38 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,019,702 times
Quote:
You need to get out more. Just in the last ten years Bruce b downs was an example. One road in and lots of subdivisions built. It was a parking lot during rush hour. traffic was backed up onto the exit ramp of 75.
I live right off of Hillsborough and Dale Mabry and have for the last year. Never once have I seen a "parking lot." Prior to that, I lived off of Dale Mabry and Fletcher, and prior to that I lived off of Waters. Tell me, exactly, when Hillsborough or Dale Mabry becomes a parking lot, and I'll go out, snap a picture, and we'll compare an actual parking lot to a busy road.

EDIT: Between moving from Dale Mabry and Fletcher to Dale Mabry and Hillsborough, I lived in Brandon for three years. I'm fully aware that no road in Tampa will ever compete with 60, and Lumsden is just as bad.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
I live right off of Hillsborough and Dale Mabry and have for the last year. Never once have I seen a "parking lot." Prior to that, I lived off of Dale Mabry and Fletcher, and prior to that I lived off of Waters. Tell me, exactly, when Hillsborough or Dale Mabry becomes a parking lot, and I'll go out, snap a picture, and we'll compare an actual parking lot to a busy road.

EDIT: Between moving from Dale Mabry and Fletcher to Dale Mabry and Hillsborough, I lived in Brandon for three years. I'm fully aware that no road in Tampa will ever compete with 60, and Lumsden is just as bad.
I was pointing out how these bottlenecks are born. Go back to the 80's when Carrollwood and Northdale were being built. Rush hour traffic was so bad, they were talking of building an overpass for Dale Mabry and waters. The line of cars were amazing. The linebaugh realignment was just done not too long ago. Countryway and Weschase later put a huge strain on the few main roads. Hillsborough and Waters and Sheldon rd, were a joke. Lets not even talk about Memorial Hwy,thats still a joke come 7am or 5 pm.

Old 07-27-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
I was pointing out how these bottlenecks are born. Go back to the 80's when Carrollwood and Northdale were being built. Rush hour traffic was so bad, they were talking of building an overpass for Dale Mabry and waters. The line of cars were amazing. The linebaugh realignment was just done not too long ago. Countryway and Weschase later put a huge strain on the few main roads. Hillsborough and Waters and Sheldon rd, were a joke. Lets not even talk about Memorial Hwy,thats still a joke come 7am or 5 pm.
Ok, so, let me get this straight: Brandon has better roads than Tampa because, in the 80's, Dale Mabry was a much more crowded road?

Old 07-28-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Ok, so, let me get this straight: Brandon has better roads than Tampa because, in the 80's, Dale Mabry was a much more crowded road?
read much?

Old 07-28-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
read much?
Sorry. Not everybody can be an internet genius on a message board.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:42 AM

85 posts, read 249,543 times
well reading my post.. after 6 pages in.. still haven't really gotten an answer to my question.

I guess I will ask again lol. I am looking for an upper middle class area.. that doesn't have a bad reputation amongst the locals.. where I can get a house on some land for less than $250k with good schools. Do they exist? lol. I have no problem being 45 mins away from downtown Tampa if it means a desirable able with some land. Plant City originally fit the bill of what I was looking for, until I got TONS of messages saying that the area is frowned upon from the locals there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay