Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 11:00 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,014,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyguy4u View Post
well reading my post.. after 6 pages in.. still haven't really gotten an answer to my question.

I guess I will ask again lol. I am looking for an upper middle class area.. that doesn't have a bad reputation amongst the locals.. where I can get a house on some land for less than $250k with good schools. Do they exist? lol. I have no problem being 45 mins away from downtown Tampa if it means a desirable able with some land. Plant City originally fit the bill of what I was looking for, until I got TONS of messages saying that the area is frowned upon from the locals there.
Short answer 250k upper middle class, big lots, in one of the better school districts, nope doesn't exist, maybe in 08 not now. I think the 6 pages were arguments of how far or what was a better use of your 45 min commute. Plant city is far from upper middle class, is rural, unless you are in Central NJ or Chicago rural doesnt translate to upper middle class, not in Florida anyway . To be a solid upper middle class neighborhood it needs to be have been established for a long time like South Tampa, Old Carrolwood or be fairly new construction where houses were never 120k like Westchase. In areas where you have newer developments then your lot size is small at that price range anyway. Like I said I think you got your answers, there was just some debate on what is the better/easier commute so to summarize

Lutz
WC
New Tampa
Valrico
Brandon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 11:20 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,811,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyguy4u View Post
well reading my post.. after 6 pages in.. still haven't really gotten an answer to my question.

I guess I will ask again lol. I am looking for an upper middle class area.. that doesn't have a bad reputation amongst the locals.. where I can get a house on some land for less than $250k with good schools. Do they exist? lol. I have no problem being 45 mins away from downtown Tampa if it means a desirable able with some land. Plant City originally fit the bill of what I was looking for, until I got TONS of messages saying that the area is frowned upon from the locals there.
What size of the house you are looking for? If on smaller side, you might be able to find something in good neighborhood, but it will not be on the lot grater than 0.18-0.20 ac. If you need bigger house, 2500 sq. ft. > - nothing under $250K based on your criteria.
I guess Plant City worked for you lot anf money wise since that place nothing close to "upper middle class" and without good schools..
If you find something that meets your criteria under $250K, please share.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:41 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,589,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Short answer 250k upper middle class, big lots, in one of the better school districts, nope doesn't exist, maybe in 08 not now. I think the 6 pages were arguments of how far or what was a better use of your 45 min commute. Plant city is far from upper middle class, is rural, unless you are in Central NJ or Chicago rural doesnt translate to upper middle class, not in Florida anyway . To be a solid upper middle class neighborhood it needs to be have been established for a long time like South Tampa, Old Carrolwood or be fairly new construction where houses were never 120k like Westchase. In areas where you have newer developments then your lot size is small at that price range anyway. Like I said I think you got your answers, there was just some debate on what is the better/easier commute so to summarize

Lutz
WC
New Tampa
Valrico
Brandon
Check out Riverview, There are still some nice places out there that could fit the bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay