Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 11:10 PM

6 posts, read 44,991 times

Advertisements

Is it true that the cost of living is the same for a renter in NJ as it is in Tampa? Where are the chances for success greater for a divorced 38 yr mother w/5 children? Jersey or Tampa specifically?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 10:08 PM

5 posts, read 28,919 times
Default may be safer for kids in NJ

I have been looking to relocate in Florida and have found nothing but complaints and horrible crime stats! Tampa crime seems to be dreadful. Drugs are a factor to be concerned about. I wouldn't want to have my kids alone after school unsupervised while I was at work. I believe NJ offers better opportunties for someone with your qualifications.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:13 AM

975 posts, read 3,731,602 times
What part of NJ are you talking about? South Jersey might not be that expensive for a renter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly19 View Post
Is it true that the cost of living is the same for a renter in NJ as it is in Tampa? Where are the chances for success greater for a divorced 38 yr mother w/5 children? Jersey or Tampa specifically?

Old 11-10-2007, 08:09 AM

137 posts, read 545,959 times
You can make more $$ in NJ....Tampa's pay stinks and it's not cheap to live here. If I had to do it again...I woulve picked NJ myself! At least you're closer to sanity...which to me sanity is NY.

Good Luck!

Old 11-10-2007, 08:16 AM

2,467 posts, read 12,248,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee hasselled View Post
I have been looking to relocate in Florida and have found nothing but complaints and horrible crime stats! Tampa crime seems to be dreadful. Drugs are a factor to be concerned about. I wouldn't want to have my kids alone after school unsupervised while I was at work. I believe NJ offers better opportunties for someone with your qualifications.

Again, just like any city, Tampa does have crime, however, there are many, many, many areas of Tampa that are completely safe. NJ also has crime and drug problems, like any other place. Regarding cost of living, here is a salary comparison website.
Cost of Living - Cost of Living Calculator from CNNMoney

Old 11-10-2007, 09:19 AM

205 posts, read 989,800 times
Fight leads to gunshots at Tampa restaurant - Bay News 9 (http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2007/11/10/301856.html - broken link)

This is an excellent example of crime in Tampa. Can't even go to a restuarant, LOL.

You'll probably have to copy and paste the link into your browser.

Old 11-10-2007, 09:23 AM

205 posts, read 989,800 times
I agree with Jessiegirl, there are a few safe parts, however 99% of them are not inside Tampa city limits. People tend to refer to and think of Hillsborough county as Tampa, but there are many other cities in Hillsborough (sorry to state the obvious, but I know that I think of it that way a lot as well).

Old 11-10-2007, 11:09 AM

2 posts, read 4,797 times
Hi i want to relocate to tampa not too for from the airport.What do think about yanheetown?

Old 11-10-2007, 11:17 AM

192 posts, read 1,165,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly19 View Post
Although you didn't specifically mention it, my assumption is that your want to further your education so as to get better paying employment to support all of those hungry mouths. There are many, many learning institutions in the Tampa area, ranging from traditional schools to vocational.......

Old 11-10-2007, 12:51 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,587,473 times
Isn't Yankeetown in Citrus County? Unless there's a section of Tampa called Yankeetown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay