Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 07:12 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Wow. That is pretty fantastic considering the walk from the baggage claim through the over pass to the AirTran terminal. That is not considering the walk from the gate to baggage claim area through which you pass whether you have checked baggage or not. Amazingly short (if any) wait times for the Airtran indeed. Your timing for the LIRR was right on the dime as well. The LIRR runs from Jamaica to Penn only every 20 mins or so. The 15 mins from Jamaica to Penn is also quite amazing as well. The LIRR quotes the trip as being 20 mins. AirTran says the trip from Jamaica to Penn is 50 minutes and that is not including wait times or the walking. I give you kudos for being able to eat so cheaply as well. I didnt say it was a "ripoff" its just the price.

No matter how you slice the pie, the cost of living in NYC, the weather, crime, grime and hassle of living there does not add up for me. We are up there 3 or 4 times a year and I always am thankful when I step through the doors at TIA knowing I am back home.

/
Yeah Terminal 6 to the airtrain is a hike, but the other terminals arent bad, you cant help that or how long the airtrain takes to get there, but from the jamaica train station to penn is a 15-18 ride on a express train fro $7 is amazing expecially for someone like me that use to be stuck on the Van Vyck.
I am by no means saying NYC is cheaper than Tampa, but you can get to the airports efficiently and inexpensively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 05:19 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Otto: Tampa is the most stressful city? No way

Right off the bat you wonder about any survey that would claim four Florida towns, including West Palm Beach, are more stressful places to live than say, Detroit, New York City or Los Angeles. -

Looks like Steve has been reading my posts here on CDF.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:59 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,449,583 times
Watching the Jets/Bucs game yesterday no wonder you are stressed

Old 09-09-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
Watching the Jets/Bucs game yesterday no wonder you are stressed
I haven't been stressed for over 4 yrs since I moved to the area - well except today before I drained a 4 foot putt to tie a golf bet. Football is entertainment- not "life or death"......

Old 09-09-2013, 11:58 AM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,822,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I haven't been stressed for over 4 yrs since I moved to the area - well except today before I drained a 4 foot putt to tie a golf bet. Football is entertainment- not "life or death"......
Yep! My new favorite *fun* line is from Zac Brown Band (with Jimmy of course) and the line is:

"Only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair"

Your picture, BucFan, reminded me of that song!!

Old 09-09-2013, 02:36 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Well, terminal 6 has been gone a couple of years. Since I always use Jet Blue (terminal 5) I am more accustomed to the walk I guess. The Van Wyck. You and me both. I've always hated that road, I mean parking lot. I used to get off at Atlantic Ave and use the local streets. Now days we just rent a car at Hertz, slide over to Ozone Park (on the Conduit) and stay at the fairly new Days Inn off Crossbay Blvd. Its a short walk to the A train, there is a good diner nearby for breakfast and the Belt Parkway is right there for our travels out to Long Island and Brooklyn. Crossbay Blvd has a bagel place, pizzerias and a decent Chinese restaurant. Being in "the neighborhood" is nice too. Truthfully, I never stay in the city unless the company is reimbursing me. Then its tourist all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Yeah Terminal 6 to the airtrain is a hike, but the other terminals arent bad, you cant help that or how long the airtrain takes to get there, but from the jamaica train station to penn is a 15-18 ride on a express train fro $7 is amazing expecially for someone like me that use to be stuck on the Van Vyck.
I am by no means saying NYC is cheaper than Tampa, but you can get to the airports efficiently and inexpensively.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:38 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Gee Sunshine, I dont even worry about the tide reaching the chair. I like sitting with my rear in the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinecc View Post
Yep! My new favorite *fun* line is from Zac Brown Band (with Jimmy of course) and the line is:

"Only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair"

Your picture, BucFan, reminded me of that song!!

Old 09-09-2013, 04:27 PM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,822,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spring hillian View Post
gee sunshine, i dont even worry about the tide reaching the chair. I like sitting with my rear in the water.
lol!!!!!

Old 09-09-2013, 07:37 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
ok so you all found away to de-stress!

Old 09-10-2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
ok so you all found away to de-stress!
you have things backwards - this is my regular life here in the Tampa Bay area....

its a bucs life - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay