Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 08:19 PM

170 posts, read 234,046 times

Advertisements

To all of the eat "local" foodies out there I've recently learned through Twitter of an upcoming "general store" at the corner of Hillsborough and Florida Ave. The owner is constructing a "barn" and will house fresh produce, plants, sandwiches, fro-yo, and miscellaneous items. Since I moved to Seminole Heights I definitely think this will aid to spur further interest/development within the community.

https://twitter.com/orangespoken/sta...89094098599936
Instagram
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 08:27 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,186,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjosephunf View Post
To all of the eat "local" foodies out there I've recently learned through Twitter of an upcoming "general store" at the corner of Hillsborough and Florida Ave. The owner is constructing a "barn" and will house fresh produce, plants, sandwiches, fro-yo, and miscellaneous items. Since I moved to Seminole Heights I definitely think this will aid to spur further interest/development within the community.

https://twitter.com/orangespoken/sta...89094098599936
Instagram
How is Seminole Height doing these days? Seems like for a while there it was "the" place to be in Tampa, all those old homes were being renovated and it was gentrifying and housing prices were going to the moon. And then the bubble burst. I still think the area has a great deal of promise.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:31 PM

I've noticed a small "boom" with renovated homes going up for sale, new restaurants/bar concepts coming in, and an upcoming library. Also, there are talks of creating Tampa's GreenARTery which will connect various neighborhoods throughout Tampa. The neighborhood is on the right track due to Invision Tampa etc. there just needs investment comparable to what occurred in Hyde Park 20+ yrs ago. I must admit there's a good energy flowing around these days especially at the Independent and really neat art galleries.

Restaurant/Bars:
Fodder and Shine Restaurant to Debut in Seminole Heights - Business - Seminole Heights, FL Patch
Welcome - The Independent Bar and Cafe Tampa Florida (Really AWESOME Bar + cafe)
The Refinery, Tampa Florida » The Refinery, Tampa Florida. Serving Dinner and Sunday Brunch. (AMAZING Food)

Art & Culture:
Future - TEMPUS PROJECTS (Contemporary Art)
Built | A Furniture & Fixtures Shop In Seminole Heights, FL. (Amazing Furniture)
Hillsborough County, FL - Official Website - Seminole Heights Branch Library Replacement (New library)

Urban Design + Future?
Green Artery Central Tampa (Tampa's version of ATL Beltline)
http://www.tampagov.net/dept_plannin...ortunities.pdf (Invision Tampa >> Share's current demographics/data also outlines a possible future?)

Old 09-30-2013, 06:57 AM

Quote:
I've noticed a small "boom" with renovated homes going up for sale, new restaurants/bar concepts coming in, and an upcoming library. Also, there are talks of creating Tampa's GreenARTery which will connect various neighborhoods throughout Tampa. The neighborhood is on the right track due to Invision Tampa etc. there just needs investment comparable to what occurred in Hyde Park 20+ yrs ago. I must admit there's a good energy flowing around these days especially at the Independent and really neat art galleries.

Restaurant/Bars:
Fodder and Shine Restaurant to Debut in Seminole Heights - Business - Seminole Heights, FL Patch
Welcome - The Independent Bar and Cafe Tampa Florida (Really AWESOME Bar + cafe)
The Refinery, Tampa Florida » The Refinery, Tampa Florida. Serving Dinner and Sunday Brunch. (AMAZING Food)

Art & Culture:
Future - TEMPUS PROJECTS (Contemporary Art)
Built | A Furniture & Fixtures Shop In Seminole Heights, FL. (Amazing Furniture)
Hillsborough County, FL - Official Website - Seminole Heights Branch Library Replacement (New library)

Urban Design + Future?
Green Artery Central Tampa (Tampa's version of ATL Beltline)
http://www.tampagov.net/dept_plannin...ortunities.pdf (Invision Tampa >> Share's current demographics/data also outlines a possible future?)
Thanks for the update. It could definitely be one of Tampa's better neighborhood.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:10 PM

626 posts, read 1,348,641 times
This is awesome! Seminole Heights is a gem of an area surrounded by not the best areas...hopefully with bringing places like this in, it will bring that community feel back and help disperse the riff raff. Thanks for sharing!!

Old 09-30-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubose View Post
This is awesome! Seminole Heights is a gem of an area surrounded by not the best areas...hopefully with bringing places like this in, it will bring that community feel back and help disperse the riff raff. Thanks for sharing!!
This business of great neighborhoods being surrounded by not so great 'hoods is so common in parts of Florida. Ft. Lauderdale was like that, too, when I lived there. Saw the same thing over in the Orlando area. I wish Seminole Heights the best. Tampa could use more desirable neighborhoods with character, instead of being limited to South Tampa.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:10 PM

626 posts, read 1,348,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
This business of great neighborhoods being surrounded by not so great 'hoods is so common in parts of Florida. Ft. Lauderdale was like that, too, when I lived there. Saw the same thing over in the Orlando area. I wish Seminole Heights the best. Tampa could use more desirable neighborhoods with character, instead of being limited to South Tampa.
So true and its a shame because there are many gorgeous houses that have so much potential just being destroyed in those areas. I lived in Tampa Heights for a bit and the people that care for the area and revitalizing it are few and far between.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
I completely agree which is why I'm so happy to have Bob Buckhorn as my mayor. He has truly stepped up the city's game for the in-town areas. I think if we continue to invest in our neighborhoods/communities we will see a different Tampa that could rival most sunbelt metros. Expect to hear another announcement within the next couple of weeks regarding the Encore/Tampa Heights area....that area is poised to spread a boom that Tampa desperately needs.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubose View Post
So true and its a shame because there are many gorgeous houses that have so much potential just being destroyed in those areas. I lived in Tampa Heights for a bit and the people that care for the area and revitalizing it are few and far between.
These are great areas and I would rather live in one of those neighborhoods than in one of the sterile, barren, cookie cutter faux mansion developments that have spread like cancer throughout so much of Florida. Yuck.

And the irony of it is, instead of revitalizing those great old neighborhoods, the developers try to re-create them in places like Connerton. With that sterile touch. Go figure.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
I completely agree which is why I'm so happy to have Bob Buckhorn as my mayor. He has truly stepped up the city's game for the in-town areas. I think if we continue to invest in our neighborhoods/communities we will see a different Tampa that could rival most sunbelt metros. Expect to hear another announcement within the next couple of weeks regarding the Encore/Tampa Heights area....that area is poised to spread a boom that Tampa desperately needs.
joseph, this is great news, please keep us posted. Not everyone can afford South Tampa. There needs to be some gracious living for the middle class, too. Places like Seminole Heights and Tampa Heights offer variety, green space, interesting homes and refuge in the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay