Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2013, 06:37 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times

Advertisements

Finally, after multiple days of only being in the 60's at our house, it will warm up enough to open the sliders and windows again. Forecast shows two days of very nice slightly above normal temps and the rest of the month right around normal.....with some days a little below and fewer a little above. Looks like yet another month which will average out close to normal. That's one of the things we love about living here.....temps staying fairly close to the averages rather than having extremes either way. Paradise!

Old 11-17-2013, 07:13 AM

325 posts, read 441,764 times
So....are you wearing shorts or long pants?

Old 11-17-2013, 07:19 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Finally, after multiple days of only being in the 60's at our house, it will warm up enough to open the sliders and windows again. Forecast shows two days of very nice slightly above normal temps and the rest of the month right around normal.....with some days a little below and fewer a little above. Looks like yet another month which will average out close to normal. That's one of the things we love about living here.....temps staying fairly close to the averages rather than having extremes either way. Paradise!
And yet you ran your gator and said this just a few days ago.

Brrrrrr.......it's going to be ten degrees below normal tomorrow and the majority of the rest of November is forecast to be below normal. There is a crisp Fall feel in the air. They even have a FREEZE warning reaching into the northern parts of Florida.
And you also said.
It's nippy out there this morning. Got jeans and a sweatshirt on now. Looking at the thermostat and pondering switching it to heat, but trying to resist. We will have a little warm up for a few days and then back into the cold. Multiple nights in the 40's here and days in the 60's......according to the professional meteorologists, with degrees and computers and all.
So how are them string of 40's doing?

Do you really wanna go to bat with me on the weather. I am gonna tally up each day of this month and post em up for everyone to see and we will see how the figures stack up

This month will be well above normal, UNLESS for some crazy reason the upper level pattern really changes and we get some really below normal days the rest of the month. So far the next 6 days look above normal, so the days are running out for any chance of a below normal month.

Last edited by LKJ1988; 11-17-2013 at 07:27 AM..

Old 11-17-2013, 07:23 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWMachineshop View Post
Shorts today in hopes the low clouds break and the sun comes out. It was in the upper 60's when we woke up this morning, which is far higher than it has been at our house lately, so I feel confident we will make it to a very comfortable 84 degrees or so....then around 82 tomorrow and then heading back down into the 70's which is still nice for Fall. We did not care for that stretch of 60's we just went through (which I said would happen in an earlier post), but at least it doesn't last forever. The average highs are around 77 this time of year and we should straddle that in the coming several days, with the next two days being the warmest and many days a little below that. Pretty much what I had said would happen before. Of course I can't take credit for forecasting the weather correctly, as I just get the info from Accuweather, WFLA and channel 13. All excellent professional sources of weather information. When you look back at the numbers for November, just like October, some days are warmer and some days are cooler.....so the average comes out fairly close to the normal average. Pretty much perfect weather for this time of year.....even if we did not like that stretch of 60's for highs we had at our house.

Last edited by The Villages Guy; 11-17-2013 at 07:34 AM..

Old 11-17-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Shorts today in hopes the low clouds break and the sun comes out. It was in the upper 60's when we woke up this morning, which is far higher than it has been at our house lately, so I feel confident we will make it to a very comfortable 84 degrees or so....then around 82 tomorrow and then heading back down into the 70's which is still nice for Fall. We did not care for that stretch of 60's we just went through, but at least it doesn't last forever. The average highs are around 77 this time of year and we should straddle that in the coming several days, with the next two days being the warmest and many days below that. Pretty much what I had said would happen before.
Better read my post above, it's all there if peeps wanna go back in this thread and read what ya posted.

Here are my highs and lows so far for the month, i know temps will vary from place to place around the Tampa area a little bit. Just about every day this month has above normal highs and lows. I see one day i recorded a high in the 60's.

Last edited by LKJ1988; 11-17-2013 at 08:52 AM..

Old 11-17-2013, 10:03 AM

892 posts, read 1,577,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWMachineshop View Post

Thank you for asking this......

I have no idea what to wear anymore until I get advised by the local weather expert that has lived here for a little over 1 YEAR

Old 11-17-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
Thank you for asking this......

I have no idea what to wear anymore until I get advised by the local weather expert that has lived here for a little over 1 YEAR
His experts with degrees and computers are really steering him wrong. Anyone with half a brain does not need a degree and or a computer to call our local weather.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:49 AM

892 posts, read 1,577,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
His experts with degrees and computers are really steering him wrong. Anyone with half a brain does not need a degree and or a computer to call our local weather.

I agree....I've lived here since 87' and our weather is pretty simple to understand and predict....

In fact, I would say that the old school weather forecasters from the 70's, 80's, and 90's were better than those of today because they actually INCLUDED LOCAL KNOWLEDGE into their forecasts and weren't "married to" their computer models.

LOCAL KNOWLEDGE TRUMPS ALL WHEN TALKING ABOUT EVERYDAY FLORIDA WEATHER....PERIOD.

The computers are great for tracking and watching TROPICAL SYSTEMS........

But are pretty much unnecessary for every day weather in Florida.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
I agree....I've lived here since 87' and our weather is pretty simple to understand and predict....

In fact, I would say that the old school weather forecasters from the 70's, 80's, and 90's were better than those of today because they actually INCLUDED LOCAL KNOWLEDGE into their forecasts and weren't "married to" their computer models.

LOCAL KNOWLEDGE TRUMPS ALL WHEN TALKING ABOUT EVERYDAY FLORIDA WEATHER....PERIOD.

The computers are great for tracking and watching TROPICAL SYSTEMS........

But are pretty much unnecessary for every day weather in Florida.
They were much better in the 70's. Now a days most are $10 a hour Q card readers.

Pirat8hr guy sure knows how to call our weather, just look at this thread alone , it speaks for itself.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:14 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay